VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliza61

DIS Veteran
…You know the feeling; it usually starts building right after you make your reservations. A slow excitement kicks in, a happy anticipation that soon (although, not soon enough) you’ll be back.
You can’t explain it; logically you know there may be more exotic or beautiful places out there. Heck, some folks think it doesn’t even compare to its name sake but all that doesn’t matter to you. All you can think is soon, so very soon you’ll be there.

And then it comes, the moment you turn onto Timberland Dr. You smile a quiet smile full of joy that says YES!! Finally, I’m here & in the tiny amount of time it takes to pass through the gates until you finally see her, you are completely, blissfully happy. Is it your imagination or do you think she smiles back at you, a feeling that no matter how long it’s been since you last visited, she is glad to see you, welcomes you home, whispers to you of a week full of good times.
Yes, you definitely know the feeling, All the previous weeks, months and even years of waiting, all the times real life dropped an anvil on your head, have all been worth it for this feeling.

Welcome to the Wilderness lodge groupies Forum. Come on in and say hello! We’ve got a moose mom, wilderness Dad and a Granny (yep, he’s a guy), we’ve got a Teapot and an Inkman, a Muushka and Iowan that really loves Disney. A whole host of folks who love the Wilderness lodge. We share pictures, trip reports birthday wishes and stories and when you start to feel like a flat cartoon character from real life dropping all those anvils on ya, we’ve got well wishes to pump you back up.

Come and sit a spell!!

Oh, let us know when you’re traveling and your bday. We’ll eat cake with ya too!!

wlbearcrossing.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Picture189.jpg

I couldn't have said it better myself. We'll be there Oct. 31-Nov. 7 and believe me, I'm counting the days! I hate to wish my life(and the summer) away, but I can't wait to be there! :goodvibes

Pixie Dust List (You know what we mean) :hug:

For new visitors, we hope that you can see throughout our thread that we have a love for our Lodge.
But more importantly, we care about each other.
We have decided that it would be good to keep track of pixie dust requests.
Not really the fun, fluffy kind, but the more serious.
If you want to be placed on this post, can you let me know? I don't want to be presumptuous. :flower3:

My hope is that all pixie dust requests will have a good ending. If you are on this list, please know that you are in our hearts. And please feel free to PM me to give updates for this post.

twokats

Her mom is going through chemo and having a difficult time. But thankfully she is a woman of hope! :hug:

Our Groupies Vacations List

Whenever you are ready with a new vacation that you would like added to the list - please just PM me and I'll take care of adding it. IF you post it in the thread itself... it might get missed. I'm just sayin' - I do try to read it all, but sometimes when I'm traveling or away for a bit, it might just get missed. So if you just PM me, that'd be your best bet for getting your special trip included on the list.

2011 VWL VACATIONS and the other DVC vacations

Don't forget...if you'd like to be included on this list - please just PM me!

March
Cheer4bison 9 VWL..(cruise)...13-18 VWL
Inkmahm 18-25 AKV followed by 26-27 Universal Studios' Royal Pacific Hotel
jimmytammy 21-26 OKW
wildernessDad 23-26 OKW

April
stopher1 4-9 OKW
tea pot 3-10 BCV
Granny 6-13 BLT
bobbiwoz 13-17 AKV Concierge!
MiaSRN62 30-May3 AKV

May
Meriweather 1-8 VWL
MiaSRN62 3-5 VB
DiznyDi/Dad 5-14 VWL
wildernessDad 7-14 VGC
Nicoal13 7-14 VWL
brenbrady 8-10 BLT / 10-13 BWV
KAT4DISNEY 17-25 AKV Jambo in a GRAND VILLA! :banana:
eliza61 24-30 Disneyland Paris!
Corinne 28-30 SSR (hoping for wl pixie dust so they can be at BWV) / followed by 30-June 4 BWV
BWV Dreamin 28-Jun 3 HHI

June
DFD 1-5 VWL
Berta 24-July 1 VWL

July
brenbrady 9 VWL followed by 10-15 Disney DREAM

August
kid-at-heart 13-20 VWL - First stay at the Lodge!
MiaSRN62 21-25 AKV
eliza61 24-27 BLT and then 27 - September 1 VWL

September
DHar 2-6 VWL
MiaSRN62 29-October 1 BLT followed by DCL Magic (Oct 1-8)

October
MiaSRN62 8 BLT (preceded by DCL Magic 1-8)
DiznyDi 9-14 VWL - a Mom & Daughter trip! The husbands are staying home!
jimmytammy 16-28 OKW
Inkmahm 19 BLT followed by 20-25 BWV
Muushka 30-Nov 2 VB :confused3

November
Muushka 2-5 BLT
KAT4DISNEY 5-9 BWV followed by 9-14 VWLmikamomof3 19-24 VWL
wildernessDad 23-27 AKV Kidani followed by 27-Dec 4 VWL
stopher1 26-28 VGC

December
Meriweather 1-14 VWL
Granny 3-9 BWV
brenbrady 5-10 BLT
Inkmahm 7-13 VWL
helenk 8-10 VWL
DiznyDi/Dad 8-17 VWL
bobbiwoz 9-16 VWL
horselover 20-27 VWL
Disneybuckeye 22-23 VWL
ladytink75 22-29 VWL

2012 VWL VACATIONS and the other DVC vacations

Don't forget...if you'd like to be included on this list - please just PM me!

January
Meriweather 7-21 OKW

And for our CRUISING Groupies........

2011 Cruising Groupies

If you'd like to be on this list, please PM me!

April
lisah0711 26-May 1 DCL - Wonder... West coast repo cruise

May
horselover 1-5 DCL - Dream (followed by 5-7 BWV)

June

July
brenbrady 10-15 DCL DREAM

August
BWV Dreamin 13-21 7-night Mediterranean DCL Cruise
Inkmahm 16-23 ALASKA DCL

September

October
MiaSRN62 1-8 DCL Magic
horselover 6-9
Muushka 23-30 Freedom of the Seas

November

December

2012 Cruising Groupies

If you'd like to be on this list, please PM me!

January

February

March

April

May
BWV Dreamin - May 12-19 on DCL Fantasy

June

July

August
bobbiwoz - 19-24 - DCL Dream

September

October

November

December

And again - to be included on any of the above lists - PLEASE - just PM me! Thanks.

Here are a few links that are NOT Wilderness Lodge related, but rather related to all of our sister resorts within the greater DVC family, just for fun, but also in case anyone has specific questions about another resort, all of the DVC resort threads are in one place here...

Animal Kingdom Lodge: ***Official AKV Owners and Lovers Thread***
Aulani, Resort & Spa: Aulani Owners Thread - Aloha!
Bay Lake Tower: ***Bay Lake Tower Owner's Thread***
Beach Club Villas: "STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners - and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME!
Boardwalk Villas: The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool, too!)
Grand Californian: The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0
Hilton Head: HHI Roll Call, Adoration & Information Thread 2010
Old Key West: OKW Lovers Thread !!!
Saratoga Springs: SSR Lovers & Owners Part 2
Vero Beach: Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread... We Need New 2011 Thread...Somebody?

Groupie Birthdays!!!

Eliza61.........................January 1 Our favorite New Years Baby!!
Mr deebits AKA Ed..........January 5
SantaRay and Elvis!!.......:santa:January 8
Blossomz......................January 13
Twokats and Claire_ont...January 25.....Two-fer!
JimmyTammy ...............January 28
Disney Loving Iowan.......January 29

WildernessDad.......... February 4
Cheer4Bison..............February 14

Muushka...............March 1
ladytink75.............March 7
Inkmahm..............March 19
Horselover.............March 26
LeslieLou...............March 28

Granny..........................April 12
Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy....April 18
DiznyDi.........................April 23

franandaj .....................May 1
Loribell.........................May 3
DiznyzDad!!! .................May 7
Maria (MiaSRN62)...........May 23

Corinne..........................June 6
KAT4DISNEY....................June 11
SlimpLaw .......................June 26
magicalmcwho.................June 30

Oshawa ....................July 6
lisah0711..................July11
deebits AKA Deirdre...July 17
DaveH......................July 26
BWV Dreamin...........July 31

TammyNC.......August 15
DODIE!!..........August 31

I Book He Pays..September 29

stopher1 ........October 4
Berta..............October 20

MaryJ.....................November 10

twinklebug.................Dec 6
Mickeymorse..............Dec 15
WDWRR_ENGINEER...Dec 29

How to steal a Moosie for your very own!

Please, he is yours for the taking!

IMG]http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/uploads/43490/groupsm2.jpg[/IMG]

1. Click on "User CP" at the top left of the page.
2. Click on "Edit Avatar"
3. Add the above stuff and paste him in (don’t need to use the insert image thingy)
4. I removed the left bracket so that you can copy him, just add the [ to the left of the IMG].
5. Click the SAVE button, and you're done.

Hey guys, love the intro. Eliza! What a great way to truly describe the Lodge and our love for it.

I am a bit under the weather, so posting a little later than normal for a workday. This is the only time in my life, all 45 yrs of it that I have missed work 3 straight days. Missed 2 before, twice, but never this much. But today seems the meds are finally kickin in!

Anywho, dont mean to bore you and bring this thread down, but helps me dream of my happy place, the Lodge:lovestruc

Ooooo! Brand new, shiny thread! :goodvibes

Hello Groupies! Hope that you are all doing well and enjoying your summers. :sunny:

Haven't been here much as we started a new Biggest Loser Challenge -- we've lost almost 200 pounds in just the first two weeks of the challenge!

stopher, hope you had a good time on your most recent trip. I will be at VGC 6/23/10-6/26/10 -- will come back with a WOC report from the Villas. I have a birthday on 7/11. I also have a WDW trip 2/25/2011-2/28/2011 for the Princess Half-Marathon (don't know the DVC resorts yet) and a Disney Cruise on the Wonder West Coast Repo 4/26/2011-5/1/2011. I'm a lucky moose! :yay:

Have a great day all!

Well done Eliza! :worship: Love the intro. Had to read that one to AnniversaryGuy. He was very impressed. I don't think he totally got it but still impressed.

I'll look for some pics to start us off later. Awaiting 2 new mattresses being delivered within the next 30 min. or so. Today is my last day of work & I need to be back for my last shift at 10:40. Woo hoo summer is here!!! :cool1:

Later my groupie friends! :goodvibes

Just completed a purchase for VWL....so excited!
So thought I would pop in and say "Hello"

Booked our first stay at the Villas for next May 1-8....can't wait.

I'm here....with a quick intro.

After constantly using my mom's AKL points, my husband and I just closed on 175 VWL points. Since we want our first trip home to be at Christmas, we'll be hitting other resorts this year:
SSR for his 60th birthday (Tgiving week)
OKW or AKL for Valentines Day--our 20th wedding anniversary
BWV for my 50th (September)

But I have my calendar ticklers set up for the day after Christmas this year to book sometime in late November/December 2011 for our first stay home.

Im a Florida native--first trip to WDW was probably in 1975 or so but after I left the state in 1979 didn't come back for 10-15 years.

emacek

Just completed a purchase for VWL....so excited!
So thought I would pop in and say "Hello"

Booked our first stay at the Villas for next May 1-8....can't wait.

I'm here....with a quick intro.

After constantly using my mom's AKL points, my husband and I just closed on 175 VWL points. Since we want our first trip home to be at Christmas, we'll be hitting other resorts this year:
SSR for his 60th birthday (Tgiving week)
OKW or AKL for Valentines Day--our 20th wedding anniversary
BWV for my 50th (September)

But I have my calendar ticklers set up for the day after Christmas this year to book sometime in late November/December 2011 for our first stay home.

Im a Florida native--first trip to WDW was probably in 1975 or so but after I left the state in 1979 didn't come back for 10-15 years.

emacek

Well ya'all looky here! Our first new Groupies!!! Welcome emacek and Meriweather!

And the BOTH just bought at VWL!!! Our kind of people!!!

Grab yourselves a rocker and a Moosie Siggy (I'll bet he will look very handsome on both of you!).

Oh eliza !
What a wonderful intro :cloud9:
You said it All
I just feel so lucky to be apart of this group of kindred spirits :grouphug:

Welcome to the new groupies! :yay:

A nice new thread...yay!

Giving a Picture Shout Out to a Treasured Groupie Friend :goodvibes

Sept09SarasshowerWDWPat116-1.jpg

And a Big Welcome Home to our New Groupies

Meriweather and emacek

Oh eliza !
What a wonderful intro :cloud9:
You said it All
I just feel so lucky to be apart of this group of kindred spirits :grouphug:

Right you are!

Thanks E for another great beginning.:goodvibes

Beautiful intro Eliza!!! You really did a great job of summing up how it feels to stay at the Lodge. You sure have a way with words.

Hey guys, love the intro. Eliza! What a great way to truly describe the Lodge and our love for it.

I am a bit under the weather, so posting a little later than normal for a workday. This is the only time in my life, all 45 yrs of it that I have missed work 3 straight days. Missed 2 before, twice, but never this much. But today seems the meds are finally kickin in!

Anywho, dont mean to bore you and bring this thread down, but helps me dream of my happy place, the Lodge:lovestruc

Hope you feel better JT!

Meriweather and Imacek welcome to the friendliest thread on the boards!!! How exciting to have new groupies and our new thread is only hours old!!!

Muushka, Eliza and Stopher thank you for starting the new thread and being the care takers of it. I appreciate you putting your time into doing this for us!!!!:thanks:

Just checking in on this new VWL thread.

Eliza...a very eloquent introduction indeed! :thumbsup2

And to make sure that everyone (members and guests) feels welcome to join in on this thread...

HPIM1403.jpg

Whoa - GREAT Intro!

It is good to see we have new friends jumping in (Meriweather: 114,276 post :scared1:)

Outstanding picture of Ranger Stan!

One last thing -

Loribell...........................May 3
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNY DAD!!! May 3
Maria (MiaSRN62)...........May 23

How did THAT get in there? (Must have been DiznyDi)

Wow new thread time does pass quickly these days.

Oh well enjoying sounds of the lodge and eating my bagged lunch what more could I wan't! Yea I could be at the lodge oh well next best thing.

http://www.dvcradio.com

Joe :surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter