• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waffle House?

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
My dh would like to know if there is a Waffle House near WDW. Anybody know?
Thanks!

Right outside of Downtown Disney on 535. When you exit I4 at the Lake Buena Vista Exit or leave Disney by Hotel Plaza Boulevard (by Downtown Disney) it is on the same side of the road as the Crossroads Shopping Center but really close to I4. There is one of those Visitor Information booths in the parking lot. From Hotel Plaza Boulevard go RIGHT at the light on 535 (Crossroads is across from you) Waffle House is on the LEFTbefore you get to I4.

Originally posted by bananiem
My dh would like to know if there is a Waffle House near WDW. Anybody know?
Thanks!

I think Florida is the only place south of the mason-dixon line where there isn't a waffle house (or two in places) at every interstate off ramp. :p

-Joe
who will be passing dozens of waffle houses on his upcoming trip to AL to WDW and back home again.

Too funny Joe, and yes, there are a gazillion Waffle joints down South! I don't remember seeing too many in FL, but I did see a TON of "Sizzler's". Seemed there was a steak house on every corner, and they ALL had breakfast buffets for under $4!!:eek:

Waffel house next to the Rodeway ,Howards Johnsons on 192 1 mile from the Maingate just stayed there and ate there last week .

Could someone explain the big deal with Waffle House? Is it like the Krispy Kreme of waffles? They always seem to llok so dirty the ones I see on the way down.

I would love to hear some opinions on this.

Based on the sheer number of them, someone must be patronizing them. I only ate at one once...very early am somewhere along I-81 in VA or TN. It wasn't "dirty", but it was very, very 50's/outdated in design.

We didn't get waffles. I guess being from the NE US, waffles are served with ice cream, not as breakfast. :) We ordered your basic breakfast food. It's hard to screw up breakfast, so all we can say is that it was acceptable quality.

As to Krispy Kremes, I've had two in my lifetime. I'm trying to figure out what the fuss is all about. :)

-Joe

We like the chili and hash browns at Waffle House. DH tries to stop at everyone he sees on the way to both Hilton Head and WDW. They serve the hash browns with just about everything on them -- cheese, onions, chili, jalepenos, tomatoes, ham. They are very good -- even our kids like them. They can be made to your liking. We've never experienced the restaurant being dirty but they are a bit outdated -- I think that's part of the attraction we have to them. The cooks usually are able to do some fancy egg cracking and flipping. It's fun for the kids to watch.
Now, Krispy Kreme, I'm not sure about that one. They are just popping up in our area and my family would rather drive by than to stop.

wdisneyaholic, you hit the nail on the head! Some of us in the south have memories of celebrating many special occasions at the old Waffle House. There are 4 in my town alone and I always seek one out when I'm travelling. We hold Waffle House and Krispy Kreme in very high esteem.

Or as my You Might Be a Redneck Calendar...... put it.....

You might be a redneck if your High School theme song was the 'Waffle House Song' (or something to that effect!) ;)

I guess I would say ------

Good food
Normally Quick Service
Consistent

I love their grits!!! I usually have the scrambled eggs with cheese, grits and WW toast. DS has a waffle or APPLE PIE!!!

Their cooks are talented - they are cooking what the waitresses are yelling at them! No tickets up on a wheel!! (Maybe different by Disney?)

Just remember - Cash Only - no credit cards (just like Steak N Shake)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter