Wait no January 2020 trip report thread yet? Guess I will start it.

Huh I wonder why it works in portrait?
I think because I picked this from a web site and stored it as an image. It keeps the orientation on other pics I have saved on my computer. The rotation is part of the metadata on a cell phone pic. It seems the board software is ignoring the rotation setting when you post directly from a phone. It also seems to be more common (or exclusive?) to iPhones. Maybe the board software didn't like Steve Jobs. :)

j

What channel is the Disney news/weather/park info? There is a cute channel, that I can’t seem to find. Trying to get a little one to nap so I can set up.

Thanks! Do you think Disney screwed up and included Little Mermaid twice?

Look carefully.

THE Little Mermaid (note the first word THE) is the animated Disney classic from 1989.

Little Mermaid (no first word THE) is the live action remake from fall 2019 (which I knew nothing about).

I learn something new every day. Ed

Last edited:

Not liking the new phone upload at all. I had many images and stories to go with my TR but each time I go to upload them (even after resizing to landscape) turn sideways. That’s frustrating. And one doesn’t want to spend vacation mode in screen frustration mode trying to get them to load correctly. This is the only site that I have that issue with. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Not liking the new phone upload at all. I had many images and stories to go with my TR but each time I go to upload them (even after resizing to landscape) turn sideways. That’s frustrating. And one doesn’t want to spend vacation mode in screen frustration mode trying to get them to load correctly. This is the only site that I have that issue with. Hope it gets resolved soon.
Agreed at some points I give up because I just don’t have time. I have to remember to take landscape photos.

You are near @FtW Mike. i think 1807. I was going to say i will be swinging by but you will have pulled out.

Definitely determined the antibiotic for mallory's infection kicks her butt. We stopped it for a few days and she picked up. The vet said to start them again on Sunday, she needs the antibiotic, and she is more lethargic. She is loving chicken water so we are keeping her hydrated so hopefully that helps. We know we are doing a good job as she has had two accidents and that is not normal for her. Plus when we do take her out to pee, even with the accidents, she is peeing a lot.

Went to Hollywood Studios today, arrived at 5:45am. Waited in line along with a few thousand of our Disney friends. The whole idea was to get boarding passes for Rise of the Resistance. We got boarding group 85 and were called to the attraction by 1:00. The wait was well worth it.

Christmas decorations were still up at Hollywood Studios but had come down at the Fort by the time we returned to our site.

Went to Hollywood Studios today, arrived at 5:45am. Waited in line along with a few thousand of our Disney friends. The whole idea was to get boarding passes for Rise of the Resistance. We got boarding group 85 and were called to the attraction by 1:00. The wait was well worth it.

Christmas decorations were still up at Hollywood Studios but had come down at the Fort by the time we returned to our site.

My sister and family were in DHS on (Monday) December 30 and got to ride RotR also. Our family Christmas party was filled with the discussion about how to get a Boarding Group.

Things got ugly if you didn't know on Friday January 2. Only 94 boarding groups were served (200+ had been the max to date) and Disney was giving out free 1day Theme Park tix to those who had BG who didn't make it on.

Disney will have to reliably walk before they can reliably run.

Bama Ed

We are all packed up.

744E677C-7D67-45F6-AFC1-4AB0E7BE4050.jpeg

I am in bed. Hopefully on the road by 6 am. That is really because we have to be in bed early tomorrow night for Saturday morning 2:30 alarm. I am still hoping for a PR but conditions don’t look too good. Should be dry but warm and humid.

Mallory has been looking a bit brighter each day. Hope some fort looping helps.

Get some sleep. I'll be thinking about you as I walk into my 0630 meeting. :)

But really, have a fun trip and a great run. Mallory perking up is just a bonus.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!