Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

Gah!

Don’t worry, Monday 10/7 just around the corner!

Just called Member Services because I still do not see our points. I told her we closed two weeks ago and that I have been able to see my contract for a week now (just no points showing). The cast member asked me for my member ID number and said they received my contract on the 27th. It usually takes about 7 to 10 business days after they receive the contract to add the points. So she said hopefully by Friday. 😕

I blame Dorian and new point minimum for blue card membership...this week for sure! :badpc:

Does it seem like it's taking longer for DVC to add the contract and the points in the system. I was told today that it's 2 weeks for load the contract and another 2 weeks to load the points.

Does it seem like it's taking longer for DVC to add the contract and the points in the system. I was told today that it's 2 weeks for load the contract and another 2 weeks to load the points.
@stuartsong ...1-2 weeks seems to be in the ballpark for when the contract shows up on a member's website. Based on cursory exam of the data from "Closing Time!!!" thread , the best tea-leaf this collective thread has come up with is the "date when new contract appears" on the member website. From that date, in normal circumstances, it will take 7-10 calendar days for points to pop (so about 5-7 business days). Abnormal circumstances such as major hurricanes necessitating evacuation?...tack on another 4 calendar days.

Last edited:

The time between closing, recording on OCC site and showing up on DVC has definitely increased recently. I have resale recorded 9/27 and still has not shown up on DVC

The time between closing, recording on OCC site and showing up on DVC has definitely increased recently. I have resale recorded 9/27 and still has not shown up on DVC

Same here. Contract on OCC 9/27. Tomorrow makes 14 calendar days (2 weeks) since that happened. So, crossing my fingers something shows up in my existing account by then. 🤞

Same here. Contract on OCC 9/27. Tomorrow makes 14 calendar days (2 weeks) since that happened. So, crossing my fingers something shows up in my existing account by then. 🤞
Gah! This does not bode well for my SSR contract that closed on 10/4 and my AUL contract on the verge of closing!! Oh the humanity!

Sadly points weren’t loaded in my account as I was hoping on 10/11...

BUT! I just called today to get an update on progress and surprisingly they were just able to go ahead and push the points through to my account while I was on the phone.

I’m genuinely curious what work goes on behind the scenes that might cause a multi-week delay getting contracts and points loaded if someone can just do something quickly on a call to make points appear.

Nevertheless...excited about my new points!

Sadly points weren’t loaded in my account as I was hoping on 10/11...

BUT! I just called today to get an update on progress and surprisingly they were just able to go ahead and push the points through to my account while I was on the phone.

I’m genuinely curious what work goes on behind the scenes that might cause a multi-week delay getting contracts and points loaded if someone can just do something quickly on a call to make points appear.

Nevertheless...excited about my new points!
Was it Member Administration that you called? If somewhere else, we need the extension! ;-)

Was it Member Administration that you called? If somewhere else, we need the extension! ;-)

Nope, not member administration. Just dialed in to member services. Explained the issue and they put me on hold for a few minutes and magically points appeared.

The person I spoke with may have contacted member administration while I was on hold. But, that’s just a guess as I only spoke with the one member services rep.

Nope, not member administration. Just dialed in to member services. Explained the issue and they put me on hold for a few minutes and magically points appeared.

The person I spoke with may have contacted member administration while I was on hold. But, that’s just a guess as I only spoke with the one member services rep.
Member Services loads the points, just as your experience was. It's a back office of MS that does the point loading. MA only creates the empty shell of the contract.

Member Services loads the points, just as your experience was. It's a back office of MS that does the point loading. MA only creates the empty shell of the contract.
My SSR contract finally showed up today...as anticipated!

Experimenting now... chatting with a MS CM and am asking him to get my points popped...he says, "let me take a look, please allow me a few moments." Asked when I purchased the contract, when it closed, and what membership number it was associated with.

...no joy!:guilty: Should be 7-10 days from now, sigh!

Mine showed up on DVC member site 10/10 and points loaded 10/14. Not sure why loaded so quick. I did not call.

Want to share a little behind-the-scenes info I learned today.

So I closed a resale contract on 8/26/19 and the membership ID showed up on my member homepage on 8/30/19.

I'm sorry I am going to ask a total newb question but we had our contract sent off to Disney today, where is this membership ID shown at so I know where to watch here in a few weeks. Sorry for the dumb qeustion. Thanks.

I'm sorry I am going to ask a total newb question but we had our contract sent off to Disney today, where is this membership ID shown at so I know where to watch here in a few weeks. Sorry for the dumb qeustion. Thanks.
No need to apologize. In answer to your great question, if this is your second contract, it will show up where your original membership ID is, in the Left Upper portion of the splash screen after signing into dvcmember.com... there will just be a drop down box that will show your second ID. If you have the same UY, then it will be the same ID but you will see the new contract by selecting the "My DVC" tab (far upper right) -> "My Dashboard".

Savor the wait and anticipation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter