The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Welcome home everyone. I have been stalking this board for a while but had to post. We are new DVC owners with 150 at RIV. They pulled some strings for our first welcome home, so my wife and I will be there March 3-6. Can’t wait to see the resort and (fingers crossed) moonlight magic at MK.

Welcome home everyone. I have been stalking this board for a while but had to post. We are new DVC owners with 150 at RIV. They pulled some strings for our first welcome home, so my wife and I will be there March 3-6. Can’t wait to see the resort and (fingers crossed) moonlight magic at MK.

We had the same experience where they had to find some availability for us. We arrive on March 7th.

I liked seeing the Tangled theming throughout the Riveria resort. Cant wait to stay there! More pictures will be out almost daily you'd imagine at this point.

I didn’t know about the Tangled theming. My daughter is going to lose her mind. It’s her favorite Disney movie. She refuses to be any princess other than Rapunzel.

Not seen this posted yet... *spoiler alert* some internal pre opening photos. Not sure how I feel about the lobby. I think it’s hard get the feel from the photos.

Thanks for sharing this post. I love seeing the real pics instead of the “artists rendering.” Looking forward to some actual pics of the tower studios!

Not seen this posted yet... *spoiler alert* some internal pre opening photos. Not sure how I feel about the lobby. I think it’s hard get the feel from the photos.

https://www.micechat.com/237643-walt-disney-world-riviera-resort-hotel/

I am really liking what I am seeing. The pictures so far are following the rendered photos we have seen. There seems to be little pops of Disney in the art and other items in the resort that is subtle but still maintains a clean elegance without being gaudy. Only thing that bothers me is the aerial shot of the pool. It really highlights how oddly shaped the pool is and the peninsula they added in the center of the pool is odd and takes up a lot of space that could have been pool space.

I can’t wait to see actual footage of the resort to get a better perspective of the layout and feel.

I love the mosaic and all the artwork I have seen so far.

I’ve had a panic on should we have bought before seeing, but I am sure we’ll love it.

The more I look at the leaked pictures the more I notice there is a lack of any height in the lobby. I like the general look of the furnishings and decor but the overall architecture is lacking from the pictures shown so far. I really noticed this when I looked at pictures of the Gran Destino lobby today and that lobby completely blows the Riviera lobby away IMHO (from the limited pictures we have seen). Seems odd the tower built as a moderate seems to have more architectural interest than a tower built as a deluxe resort. Makes me wonder if the contractors mixed up the plans between these resorts. 🤣

The more I look at the leaked pictures the more I notice there is a lack of any height in the lobby. I like the general look of the furnishings and decor but the overall architecture is lacking from the pictures shown so far. I really noticed this when I looked at pictures of the Gran Destino lobby today and that lobby completely blows the Riviera lobby away IMHO (from the limited pictures we have seen). Seems odd the tower built as a moderate seems to have more architectural interest than a tower built as a deluxe resort. Makes me wonder if the contractors mixed up the plans between these resorts. 🤣

I agree that the lobby looks less “grand” from those pictures but I am withholding judgment until more pics come out. That said, all other areas of the resort look great to me.

I didn’t know about the Tangled theming. My daughter is going to lose her mind. It’s her favorite Disney movie. She refuses to be any princess other than Rapunzel.
Going to look at pictures now ... Until we saw Frozen 2 last week, all my 4yo wanted to listen to was the Tangled soundtrack. Now it's Frozen 2 on endless repeat. Thankfully it's still new enough that I'm enjoying it, though I have had Kristoff's song stuck in my head all day today.

I’ve been watching the videos and looking at the pictures of the guy who’s in the Riviera today and I have to say I really like what I see.

He has been posting on the My DVC Points Community Facebook group if anyone is interested.

Edit. Maybe I need to add on...... Topolinos looks fantastic.

I’ve been watching the videos and looking at the pictures of the guy who’s in the Riviera today and I have to say I really like what I see.

He has been posting on the My DVC Points Community Facebook group if anyone is interested.

Edit. Maybe I need to add on...... Topolinos looks fantastic.
I would love to see more pics! I assumed we would start seeing more this week with cast member previews.

The poster is staying in a studio on the 4th floor. He streamed the view. It’s of the lake, retention pond, and the Skyliner station. Not sure if it’s a standard of preferred view.

Here is a short video of inside the Riviera from last night.
Thanks so much for sharing. This is a great video. I am more impressed by the entrance/lobby/grounds now. They are certainly more “luxury” than “Disney” but still include special themed touches (like the mosaics).

While I don't know if this resort will every be within the grasp of my wife and I, my absolute favorite thing about the overall design is the artwork on the walls in the halls and especially in the rooms.

The foldout couch/bed situation with the classic Mickey and Pluto literally made me gasp out loud and go, "Oh my God that's incredible!"

My wife is an artist/cartoonist so I'm gonna try and plant the seed to try out the Topolino breakfast; those costumes for the characters are fantastic aside form Daisy's which seems a little phoned in to me? Not a deal-breaker though, haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!