Waiting in Que lines for rides with a wheelchair

civileng68

<font color=teal>That May scare the poopy out of m
Can someone please help me out here.

My wife and I are annual passholders but for the first time ever, my mom and dad are coming down from up north to go with us the week of the 4th of July. My dad is handicap (he can stand up to move around but can't walk around) and will be getting a wheelchair at the parks. I have several questions to ask.

1) Are all ride que's wide enough to handle a person in a wheelchair?
2) How do they work certain rides in terms of the wheelchair. Say my dad and I wait in line for Splash Mountain. You enter from one side of the ride and exit from the other...............do they move the wheelchair to the other side and have it waiting?

I don't have time for a long answer (have to put DD to bed), but some of your questions will be answered if you look at the disABILITIES FAQs thread stuck near the top of this board. The 3 post in that thread has a link to the official Disney website's Guidebook for Guest with Disabilities. You'll be able to find a list there of what are called "Mainstream Lines" where the wheelchair users can use the regular queue.
Also, on that same post, you will find a link to a past thread about boarding that should answer some of your other questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter