Waiting on Disney ROFR? Me too

I'm jumping in here as well. Nothing new to add, just needing to pass the time. We're on day 22 waiting. I'm a teacher on spring break and this week has been awful waiting for a decision. I'll actually be happy to get back to work so I can be distracted again.

This is our first experience buying resale, so we've learned a lot. I think the biggest reason I'm so anxious is that we have a trip scheduled in November (7 nights booked at Poly) but we need to add 3 more nights at the beginning of our trip now but we're tapped out for points (borrowed all we could). We need to either book a cash stay for 3 nights or close a deal on a resale contract to hopefully get 3 nights somewhere and do a split stay. I'm really nervous that even if this contract passes, we won't be able to get 3 nights in another DVC anyway because it will be well into the 7 month window. I guess if we close a deal before our trip, we'll do a wait list and hope.
I can imagine how hard it is for you! Ugh! On a positive note, I think you’ll easily find something when you get more points!! Hang in there!!

New here! Hi everyone :-)
I had an offer accepted for BCV and am actually waiting for it to be sent for ROFR in the next couple of days.
I had 125 PP accepted for 100 points, and now am realizing that it could very easily be taken as that seems low!
Anyway.... Excited to find out!

I had an offer accepted for BCV and am actually waiting for it to be sent for ROFR in the next couple of days.
I had 125 PP accepted for 100 points, and now am realizing that it could very easily be taken as that seems low!
Are you also paying this year’s annual dues as part of your offer? We are in ROFR for BCV at $132 pp, but are paying the seller 2018 dues which effectively bumps it to $138 pp.

Are you also paying this year’s annual dues as part of your offer? We are in ROFR for BCV at $132 pp, but are paying the seller 2018 dues which effectively bumps it to $138 pp.
No, there were 42 available for 2018, but 37 I believe were banked from 2017, so the agent advised for me to offer to start paying fees for 2019. Seems so low compared to others...

No, there were 42 available for 2018, but 37 I believe were banked from 2017, so the agent advised for me to offer to start paying fees for 2019. Seems so low compared to others...
Price is only a small piece of the puzzle. There no rhyme or reason we know if! Great deal! Here’s some pixie dust hoping it goes through :)

It's a good deal, for sure, but not massively lower than others when you look at the overall price. That should pass no problem IMHO.

Getting more nervous now.. Some SSR passed yesterday with shorter ROFR time? I have been waiting longer so that's not a good sign. @TexasChick123 I saw you are still waiting as well.

Yep. Still waiting. I am honestly just ready to get my deposit back and move on at this point. It isn't the taking of the contract that bothers me this time, it is the amount of time it takes for them to inform me they are taking it. If it passes, I will be truly shocked, but I am not going to hold my breath. I told my DH last night that I actually don't want this one to pass only because I am not feeling it this time and would just like the deposit back. I'm having buyers remorse for some reason. I didn't feel like this with BLT or VGF and was very upset when the BLT contracts kept falling through or were taken. By all means DVD, take this one, but let me know soon so I can focus on the other stuff I have going on now. :thumbsup2

Yep. Still waiting. I am honestly just ready to get my deposit back and move on at this point. It isn't the taking of the contract that bothers me this time, it is the amount of time it takes for them to inform me they are taking it. If it passes, I will be truly shocked, but I am not going to hold my breath. I told my DH last night that I actually don't want this one to pass only because I am not feeling it this time and would just like the deposit back. I'm having buyers remorse for some reason. I didn't feel like this with BLT or VGF and was very upset when the BLT contracts kept falling through or were taken. By all means DVD, take this one, but let me know soon so I can focus on the other stuff I have going on now. :thumbsup2
I'm still waiting for ours to be sent to ROFR... I'm worrying that the sellers aren't responding with the contracts, but I signed on Friday, and since then it's crickets. The accepted offer was low, so I'm thinking they did research and are going to try to sell it higher. All speculation of course, but I just want to know so I can move on if I need.... :/

We signed out contract on the 29th of March, they took my deposit on the 4th of April and then silence. I sent an email today asking for status and apparently they are waiting for the seller to send the signed documents back. I would like to make it into ROFR so I can impatiently wait for Disney.

We signed out contract on the 29th of March, they took my deposit on the 4th of April and then silence. I sent an email today asking for status and apparently they are waiting for the seller to send the signed documents back. I would like to make it into ROFR so I can impatiently wait for Disney.
My contract, I believe, said if it got to be April 11, and either one of the parties hadn't signed, then it was cancelled... :confused: I signed Friday, and I'm being impatient, but tomorrow is the deadline. Still haven't heard back about it though I asked about it yesterday via email. We shall see.

You never know! My BCV 100pt passed at $110 at the end of November. But the 2018 points were already stripped, so no points til 2019. You can see in the ROFR thread that price and current points aren't the only thing that determines whether DVD takes it back. There are always surprises. Good luck!

And I just posted in another thread that when we need more points in a year or two, our dilemma will be whether to go for SSR or add on to our BLT or VGF.

And I just posted in another thread that when we need more points in a year or two, our dilemma will be whether to go for SSR or add on to our BLT or VGF.

We went with SSR resale with enough points for larger villas and while it's still early, I'm happy with it so far! Have used it for a couple of last minute weekend stays at VGC and also recently booked at BWV for a summer trip less than 3 months out and was able to get a 1BR (had to WL a couple of nights but they came through quickly). If you already have a couple of home resorts you love (ours are CCV and BWV), SSR can be a really nice addition to your "portfolio" depending on resale prices at the time and especially if you don't use them during DVC busy season. I plan to use those points for an occasional cabin or bungalow stay as well!

I think my biggest issue is that I was so excited about BLT and VGF, and these SSR points would just be extra for us. The whole ROFR process is so slow that I just don’t think I was ready for it again after last year. Honestly, they can take them or leave them at this point. It’s the not knowing that is annoying. In contrast, it was the apprehension of them taking BLT that was tough. Big difference but still annoying when you’re impatient like me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter