Waitlist advice needed

Disney's Fan

Mouseketeer
We have booked a Kidani Grand Villa for an extended family celebration in Dec 15-21. We now have more than 12 people, so I'm trying to add another villa, 1 or 2 bedroom, also in Kidani. The only thing available, which I went ahead and booked, was in Jambo. The lady helping me put a waitlist for both a 1 and 2 bedroom villa in Kidani, both of which are missing 2-3 nights of what I need. Since I would really like to have everyone in my family in the same building, is it better to book what's available a couple of nights at a time and hope I get the whole dates I need, or keep what I have and hope the entire waitlist comes available? It seems so unlikely to me that our entire dates will become available, and more likely that I'd be able to snag the couple unavailable dates, but I don't have any experience with waitlist. Any advice is genuinely appreciated!

(Side note...I'm booking with transferred points, so I have to call to book instead of using the online system, at least from my understanding anyway.)

The fewer days needed increases your chances of success. The problem will be that you are using transferred points and MS has to book it. Can MS apply the transferred points to the GV releasing the regular points for you to use online, checking availability daily?

:earsboy: Bill

The fewer days needed increases your chances of success. The problem will be that you are using transferred points and MS has to book it. Can MS apply the transferred points to the GV releasing the regular points for you to use online, checking availability daily?

That's a good idea! I'll call and ask if that will work. Thanks!

Excellent suggestion. MS reallocated points for me in a similar situation.

If my math is right 12/15 - 21 is 6 nights. Are the nights at the beginning or end or one here and there?
I'd get what was available at Kidani @ which ever size/view villa has the most nights and keep the unavailable nights @ Jambo. Wait list the missing days.
You're less likely to get 6 nights in a row than to get a day here or there.
Then search the site several times every day. If a night opens up grab it and cancel the corresponding Jambo night.
Your late joiners may have a split stay, but they'll have a place to sleep.

We have booked a Kidani Grand Villa for an extended family celebration in Dec 15-21. We now have more than 12 people, so I'm trying to add another villa, 1 or 2 bedroom, also in Kidani. The only thing available, which I went ahead and booked, was in Jambo. The lady helping me put a waitlist for both a 1 and 2 bedroom villa in Kidani, both of which are missing 2-3 nights of what I need. Since I would really like to have everyone in my family in the same building, is it better to book what's available a couple of nights at a time and hope I get the whole dates I need, or keep what I have and hope the entire waitlist comes available? It seems so unlikely to me that our entire dates will become available, and more likely that I'd be able to snag the couple unavailable dates, but I don't have any experience with waitlist. Any advice is genuinely appreciated!

(Side note...I'm booking with transferred points, so I have to call to book instead of using the online system, at least from my understanding anyway.)
If all the point you have after the reallocation are your own points you can do that online. IF it were me I'd look at Kidani 1 BR for Standard and Savannah view and see which I can get more nights in. If they are about the same, I'd do the standard view. Then wait list night by night plus stalk the website. Then change your wait lists as soon as you get any nights. After you get something that works, you can waitlist for anything you'd prefer (Savannah view or 2 BR). The reason I'd do it this was is 1 BR are likely to be easier and standard also is likely to be a little easier.

If all the point you have after the reallocation are your own points you can do that online. IF it were me I'd look at Kidani 1 BR for Standard and Savannah view and see which I can get more nights in. If they are about the same, I'd do the standard view. Then wait list night by night plus stalk the website. Then change your wait lists as soon as you get any nights. After you get something that works, you can waitlist for anything you'd prefer (Savannah view or 2 BR). The reason I'd do it this was is 1 BR are likely to be easier and standard also is likely to be a little easier.
Thanks so much for your advice! The available nights for the Kidani 1 br are scattered. My plan is to do what you have said and book what's available at Kidani and waitlist those unavailable nights. I haven't had the points reallocated yet because after I considered my situation, I don't think it will be the best solution for my trip. It's tricky because our use year is February. The transferred points are December use year (banked), so I have until Dec. 2018 to use them,which is helpful for your plan. Additionally, we are in the process of purchasing another contract (also Feb UY) through resale (awaiting ROFR, and if it passes should be closed by mid August), and that contract has points available now that I will use to book what's available at Kidani, then cancel the Jambo if I get all the needed nights and get back the Dec UY points. I know it's risky using so many Feb. UY points for a December trip, but I'm gambling that everything will work out! Thanks, again, for your help.

Thanks so much for your advice! The available nights for the Kidani 1 br are scattered. My plan is to do what you have said and book what's available at Kidani and waitlist those unavailable nights. I haven't had the points reallocated yet because after I considered my situation, I don't think it will be the best solution for my trip. It's tricky because our use year is February. The transferred points are December use year (banked), so I have until Dec. 2018 to use them,which is helpful for your plan. Additionally, we are in the process of purchasing another contract (also Feb UY) through resale (awaiting ROFR, and if it passes should be closed by mid August), and that contract has points available now that I will use to book what's available at Kidani, then cancel the Jambo if I get all the needed nights and get back the Dec UY points. I know it's risky using so many Feb. UY points for a December trip, but I'm gambling that everything will work out! Thanks, again, for your help.
Let us know how it turns out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter