Waitlist during this weird time

I had a WL set up, but I managed to get the nights I needed by stalking the website. I’d bet we’ll see more movement with availability as the weeks go by and people seeing Disney’s plan to reopen. At least, that is my hope.

Has anyone had confirmation of a match this week? I called Saturday and was told WL was still on hold for confirming. To me, that means potentially, one member could have more than one reservation holding for them. Once the WL wheel start turning again and actual confirmations start happening in mass, more availability could result right?

I still have my two waitlists for one day each for a 2 br preferred at Riviera. I am stalking the website for that whole 3 day weekend, and there is hardly any movement whatsoever at any resort, let alone Riviera; however, it is Wine & Dine Weekend. The inventory is so low, most all room types are sold out at a given point for all 3 days.
Fortunately, we have a room, but we would release that room if our waitlist came through, so it is curious if we match, but are still holding on to that other room. We will see I guess. It would be interesting to see if all of a sudden, random nights became available that all have been previously booked because they started matching all the waitlists. I'm kind of just looking forward to seeing that. popcorn::

I have a waitlist for CCV for December and right now there is ZERO available for my dates. My 7 month window isn't for another 18 days though...

I've never done a waitlist before (our cancelled June trip was supposed to be our Welcome Home visit) so my question is: at my 7 month widow if nothing is open at CCV and I book a different hotel and out of the 6 nights I want, night #4 is not available, can I book nights 1, 2 and 3 under one reservation, then nights 5 and 6 under another and then waitlist #4?

This would mean I still keep the current waitlist for CCV, I've also got 2 more reservations, one for Nights 1-3 and one for nights 5 & 6 and then a 2nd waitlist for just night #4? I think I remember being told I can have 2 waitlists at one time?

thanks!

I’ve been stalking to finish up our thanksgiving week this week. We have a poly late May trip not happening so this is my back up plan. So far I snagged Poly 20-25 then Saratoga 25-28

I have a waitlist for CCV for December and right now there is ZERO available for my dates. My 7 month window isn't for another 18 days though...

I've never done a waitlist before (our cancelled June trip was supposed to be our Welcome Home visit) so my question is: at my 7 month widow if nothing is open at CCV and I book a different hotel and out of the 6 nights I want, night #4 is not available, can I book nights 1, 2 and 3 under one reservation, then nights 5 and 6 under another and then waitlist #4?

This would mean I still keep the current waitlist for CCV, I've also got 2 more reservations, one for Nights 1-3 and one for nights 5 & 6 and then a 2nd waitlist for just night #4? I think I remember being told I can have 2 waitlists at one time?

thanks!

Yes, you can do that, if you already went on a waitlist during the home resort period and now booking something that you want it to replace, be sure you call MS and add that as a note,

You can have 2 waitlist per UY.

Yes, you can do that, if you already went on a waitlist during the home resort period and now booking something that you want it to replace, be sure you call MS and add that as a note,

You can have 2 waitlist per UY.
Great! and I can also tell them that if the CCV waitlist comes through that I want that to replace the other "2" partial reservations and that 1 night waitlist, right??

Great! and I can also tell them that if the CCV waitlist comes through that I want that to replace the other "2" partial reservations and that 1 night waitlist, right??

I think you can ask them to replace the nights that are the same as the wait list you set up,

I do not believe they will simply cancel other reservations that the waitlist is replacing.

But, you would have to call and find out exactly what can be done if you have many reservations for certain dates.

I think you can ask them to replace the nights that are the same as the wait list you set up,

I do not believe they will simply cancel other reservations that the waitlist is replacing.

But, you would have to call and find out exactly what can be done if you have many reservations for certain dates.
Great! thanks so much!!

I just canceled September 10-19, BWV studio. Hope a diser looks and finds it.

Hi Everyone,
I was just curious if anyone had a waitlist request come through since Disney has minimized their staff to essentials. The waitlist system has always been a little wonky, so I wasn't sure if the people in charge of that may be deemed non-essential and all of our waitlists just hold out until they get back.
I check the RAT a couple times a day, but the one day I have waitlisted seems like it is the most popular travel day for the whole month of November. Every single room category is sold out for the most part. We have a 3 bedroom, but only really need a 2 bedroom and I don't mind looking often, but since it's only 1 day and still 6 months away, I figured I wouldn't need to keep looking, but if waitlist requests are not being fulfilled, maybe I should make it a priority to check more often.
I m always amazed at how fluid the wait list is. The only times that it did NOT work for me was for a Grand Villa at the Boardwalk over Christmas and a standard view two bedroom the first week of January. Otherwise, as long as you give it enough time (4-6 months) things should work out.

I’m anxious to see if the maintenance done overnight A) helps with the increased dwarves page pop ups, B) is related to the Waitlist beginning to confirm Matches again. Please post if you get confirmed this week☺️

I’m watching for either a studio or 1 bedroom at VGC in sept or oct (first weekend), fri, sat or sun night to start and then ideally add a second night. I’ve been checking daily for about a month and so far no luck. Today 10/10 was open in a 1BR, but we need to go by the weekend of the 3rd. I booked at 11 months for 8/28-29, but with a Sept UY, I cancelled it last month and banked the points. I had to do the stalking thing last Feb for VGC as well and it worked out with much less flexibility than I have now... so fingers crossed!

I’m still getting conflicting WL information from MS. Some say WL is up and running as usual, others told me inventory is being held, not confirmed. Also told I had a match then told WL both active, no matches. I know this is completely a first world thing and so insignificant compared to everything else. It’s just a bit frustrating.

Used the chat feature on the DVC website and had the cast member check my wait list. Come to find out it was matched! Doesn't hurt to check.
I called in to buy OTU points late Tuesday and learned after talking to MS twice earlier that one of mine matched too. I’m still holding out for another WL we would prefer but happy this one came thru.

Used the chat feature on the DVC website and had the cast member check my wait list. Come to find out it was matched! Doesn't hurt to check.

So it had matched, but it wasn't showing on your dashboard? Interesting. Did they seemed bothered you were asking? I don't want to come off too needy, but I would like to know

So it had matched, but it wasn't showing on your dashboard? Interesting. Did they seemed bothered you were asking? I don't want to come off too needy, but I would like to know
FWIW- The past few WL That matched for me, still showed active on my Dashboard. I would find out by calling to change something or add dining. I have heard on other threads that others had similar experiences.

They always seem very helpful and never annoyed through the chat. Although through text its hard to tell how they are feeling.

Word to the wise - exercise caution when confirming WL with MS. Mine matched, I confirmed it during a call and went on. Called in today to find out the original reservation was canceled instead of just modified. So, the one that matched on WL was in danger of being canceled and points going back to 2021. After 2 1/2 hours on the phone with MS - it was resolved somewhat.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter