Walk Around the World commemorative bricks

We do not have a brick currently at the Magic Kingdom but we decided to check out the commemorative ones at Marketplace at Disney Springs. They have a line setup for two kiosks where they guide you in creating one. There are guidelines to not using trademark phrases from the movies and things like that. Regardless of if you get the 6" or 8" they ship it at no charge, but it sounds like this is only if you are paying the full price and not the $10 deal they have. We opted for the 8" and plan on placing it in our landscaping. They said it takes about 3-5 days to create and then they will ship it. The 8" is $49.99 and comes down to $39.99 with a Passholder or DVC discount.

Has anyone gotten one yet using the coupon for having a real brick? Do the bricks automatically match up or do you have to try to remember what was on your original brick?

Also, has anyone noticed if the bricks can be shipped to Canadian addresses?

Does anyone know what material the commemorative brick is made of?

Do you think I can sneak a chisel on the plane? Lol.

We got ours this weekend. It is a 6" tile basically. They have a felt backing on it. They are not engraved, but printed and you make it say what you want - they do not replicate your existing brick. DH and I made ours as close to the original as possible. They told us it takes 30 minutes. We ordered it at Disney Springs D-tech in the Co-op and went off to do other things and picked it up later in the day. They package it in a nice sturdy box.

NOW... about the Chisel. We were told by a cast member that if you wanted your brick - management had to let you take it. I cannot see this as being true, and they said they were not "advertising it" but is you had the tool (and could get them past security) and wanted to take it out you ask for a manager and they would do it, and they would be responsible for making the area safe again. Again - I cannot see that happening, no way security would let you near the MK with any kind of tool you would need but has anyone else heard this? Or has anyone tried it?

I cannot see that being true, especially since the ones at Disney World are not designed to be individually removed and will most likely crack when you remove it. The ones at Disneyland were designed to be individually removable, so when it comes time for them to be removed, I can see Disney sending them to the individuals.

We got ours this weekend. It is a 6" tile basically. They have a felt backing on it. They are not engraved, but printed and you make it say what you want - they do not replicate your existing brick. DH and I made ours as close to the original as possible. They told us it takes 30 minutes. We ordered it at Disney Springs D-tech in the Co-op and went off to do other things and picked it up later in the day. They package it in a nice sturdy box.

NOW... about the Chisel. We were told by a cast member that if you wanted your brick - management had to let you take it. I cannot see this as being true, and they said they were not "advertising it" but is you had the tool (and could get them past security) and wanted to take it out you ask for a manager and they would do it, and they would be responsible for making the area safe again. Again - I cannot see that happening, no way security would let you near the MK with any kind of tool you would need but has anyone else heard this? Or has anyone tried it?
Thanks for the info about it taking 30 minutes (hopefully!).

We'll be going soon and I can't decide if we should have it done at DS or MK.

I know that frontline cast members tend to say some whacky things, but I think this takes the cake

I cannot see that being true, especially since the ones at Disney World are not designed to be individually removed and will most likely crack when you remove it. The ones at Disneyland were designed to be individually removable, so when it comes time for them to be removed, I can see Disney sending them to the individuals.

We found multiples on the walkway between MK and the contemporary that we could have stepped on 1 corner and lifted them right out of the spot they are so loose. They were laid out individually, but I agree - I think most would break but it is possible you could get some out in one piece.

I just went and dug the paper certificate they gave us when we originally purchased the brick in 1995. I ha put it into a frame and it is very cute. Does anybody else still have theirs?

We had a great location for our brick - in front of the MK, kind of when you get off the buses/ferry. I want the exact same words on the commemorative one.

Has anyone gotten one yet using the coupon for having a real brick? Do the bricks automatically match up or do you have to try to remember what was on your original brick?

Also, has anyone noticed if the bricks can be shipped to Canadian addresses?

I got mine and it is BLANK, you create what it says. There is no way to mirror the original - they do not have the same icons for the top, and you cannot put your location on it. You can get it kind of close, but not exact.

I just went and dug the paper certificate they gave us when we originally purchased the brick in 1995. I ha put it into a frame and it is very cute. Does anybody else still have theirs?

We had a great location for our brick - in front of the MK, kind of when you get off the buses/ferry. I want the exact same words on the commemorative one.

Still have my paperwork and the original envelope it all came in, we even have the map we got the first time we went to visit the stone. We are in that area, near the monorail between the walkway to Contemporary, buses and the MK

I saw on a post that one of the icons for the top of the brick is exclusive to people who actually had one of the original bricks. I think the icon was the silhouette of the partner statue. I'll probably end up ordering one of those.

I got mine and it is BLANK, you create what it says. There is no way to mirror the original - they do not have the same icons for the top, and you cannot put your location on it. You can get it kind of close, but not exact.
Thanks for this info., if I cannot get a exact duplicate, I probably will not order one.

Has anyone attempted to order their brick on ShopDisney with their code? The ShopDisney website does not recognize my code.

Still have my paperwork and the original envelope it all came in, we even have the map we got the first time we went to visit the stone. We are in that area, near the monorail between the walkway to Contemporary, buses and the MK
Yep! Besides, the certificate, we also have the original map and the brochure.

I don't believe you can actually order it until April.
Yes, that's what my email from guest relations said. However I've noticed on several websites folks are reporting ordering a brick. I guess these are folks who are purchasing bricks at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!