Walk from CBR Lobby to Skyliner Station?

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We are taking a short trip next weekend and would just like to ride the Skyliner to check it out. We will be at AK in the morning and I thought we would bus or Minnie Van to CBR and take the Skyliner to the EP station. Can someone please tell me how far of a walk the Skyliner station is from the CBR lobby? If it's really far, we may just bus or Minnie Van to BC and ride the Skyliner from EP to CBR and back. Thanks!

Hi everyone! We are taking a short trip next weekend and would just like to ride the Skyliner to check it out. We will be at AK in the morning and I thought we would bus or Minnie Van to CBR and take the Skyliner to the EP station. Can someone please tell me how far of a walk the Skyliner station is from the CBR lobby? If it's really far, we may just bus or Minnie Van to BC and ride the Skyliner from EP to CBR and back. Thanks!
All buses make multiple stops at CBR. Unless you have a reason to visit the lobby, getting off at the Jamaica stop would be a much shorter walk.

Minnie Van might be able to drop you off at the station, or at least at the parking lot right across the street from the station.

Minnie Van might be able to drop you off at the station, or at least at the parking lot right across the street from the station.
Can Uber/Lyft get back there if you are not a resort guest of CBR?

From AK, I'd take a bus to POP or AoA, since they're the closest bus stops to the exit. That way you get to ride the Skyliner over Hourglass lake.

Agree with PP. From AK, bus to AOA or Pop and ride the Skyliner to CBR. Then transfer to the DHS line. After getting off at DHS, just hang a left and walk to the DHS bus stops to catch a bus back to your resort. You'd be able to ride two lines and don't have to use a Minnie Van or Uber/Lyft. The bus stops at DHS are also very close to the Skyliner station.

Agree with PP. From AK, bus to AOA or Pop and ride the Skyliner to CBR. Then transfer to the DHS line. After getting off at DHS, just hang a left and walk to the DHS bus stops to catch a bus back to your resort. You'd be able to ride two lines and don't have to use a Minnie Van or Uber/Lyft. The bus stops at DHS are also very close to the Skyliner station.
Yes, but the Epcot line is a substantially longer ride, and has the most interesting views of the 3 lines.

If riding just for the experience of riding, the Epcot line is the best.

Yes, but the Epcot line is a substantially longer ride, and has the most interesting views of the 3 lines.

Its a few minutes longer than DHS, but I agree it does have better views. In that case, if I were OP, I would bus from AK to Pop/AOA, transfer to Epcot line, ride it back to CBR, then transfer to the DHS line to bus back to their resort. Then they can ride all three lines without having to spend money on Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van, and it should be pretty easy.

Its a few minutes longer than DHS, but I agree it does have better views. In that case, if I were OP, I would bus from AK to Pop/AOA, transfer to Epcot line, ride it back to CBR, then transfer to the DHS line to bus back to their resort. Then they can ride all three lines without having to spend money on Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van, and it should be pretty easy.

Ah! I was trying to avoid that CBR transfer, but I think you are right. Bus to Pop or AoA, walk to the station, transfer at CBR for EP. We plan on walking through EP after that, plus I wanted to get a bird's eye view of Riviera as we have reservations there in December and wanted to check it out! It's ok if we miss the DHS line on this trip. Thank you for the advice!

Ah! I was trying to avoid that CBR transfer, but I think you are right. Bus to Pop or AoA, walk to the station, transfer at CBR for EP. We plan on walking through EP after that, plus I wanted to get a bird's eye view of Riviera as we have reservations there in December and wanted to check it out! It's ok if we miss the DHS line on this trip. Thank you for the advice!
The transfer is very quick and easy in my experience, so don't let that deter you. No longer than 5-10 minutes. Its a quick walk between each line. Also, you can exit at the Riviera station even though its not open. I'm not sure how far you can actually walk around yet, but we did have people board our gondola at the Riviera station. I assume they were just checking it out because I'm not sure what else they could have been doing or where they could have been coming from otherwise.

Also, you can exit at the Riviera station even though its not open. I'm not sure how far you can actually walk around yet, but we did have people board our gondola at the Riviera station. I assume they were just checking it out because I'm not sure what else they could have been doing or where they could have been coming from otherwise.
The Riviera Station is very close to the Aruba Section of CBR.

We walked it in early October and I would say that it is about a quarter of a mile. Not too far, depending on your level of fitness. I did it with really painful blisters on my toes and feet and it was very hot out but it is a nice walk through the Caribbean Beach area.

transferring at CBR is super super easy.
From AK I would bus to POP or AoA, and ride it to Epcot.

The transfer is very quick and easy in my experience, so don't let that deter you. No longer than 5-10 minutes. Its a quick walk between each line. Also, you can exit at the Riviera station even though its not open. I'm not sure how far you can actually walk around yet, but we did have people board our gondola at the Riviera station. I assume they were just checking it out because I'm not sure what else they could have been doing or where they could have been coming from otherwise.
The Riviera Station is very close to the Aruba Section of CBR.
As Michael said.

You can peek over the construction fence at Riviera, but there's nothing to see that you can't see from the Skyliner cabin. You can't leave the walkway that circles back to Aruba.

I was at Universal in September and we got an Uber to CBR on our way to MNNSHP for the heck of it. CBR Security asked who we were and driver said "Uber Driver with guests" and we went in, he dropped us off at front and we toured all of CBR and the Skyliner area (not open). We didn't have Magic Bands or even MNNSHP ticket at this point. We got on a CBR bus and took it to MK - got the ticket, walked to Contemporary to eat, and walked back to MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter