Walk in Walt's Footsteps , Tour...

Marilynbn

I LOVE DISNEY! DIS member since 1999
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on this tour. I know as an AP holder that I can get a discount. I booked the 2:30 tour and I was wondering what the free meal is. Is it still lunch fare or dinner? What is on the menu. We visit DL at least 3 times a year and have always wondered about this tour. Is it worth the money? Thanks Marilyn

Lunch is boxed sandwiches, that are served to you on the patio of the Gallery...(small atrium in middle, not balcony). There isn't much of a menu, per se...just tell them if you have preferences and or dietary restrictions.

It's pretty much a quiet picnic.

-T. :earboy2: :cloud9:

Here is a link for an AMAZING review of the tour-lists ALMOST everything you could want to know!! This review talked me and my dad into wanting to take the tour when we go. Who do I get in touch with to reserve our spot on the tour? Vacay Planning said they didn't do it...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue/sk021113.htm

<excerpt>
A private lunch on the Disney Gallery patio that includes: (you pick one)

Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwich
French Style Roast Beef Sandwich
Turkey & Bacon on Wheat Sandwich
Garden Salad
All menu selections include canned beverage (Coke, diet Coke, or Sprite) or bottled water and a "Walt's Favorite" for dessert.

I just took the tour last week and we had a choice for lunch. Unfortunately, I can't remember all the choices. I had the Chili and Cornbread ("Walt's Favorite"). The other couple at our table enjoyed a sandwich of some kind. There were grapes in both boxes. We were also treated to a HUGE portion of cheesecake (no choice there). We got to choose a drink, too. When we checked in for the tour, we had to choose lunch. Vickie

Potterphreak- you can call (714) 781-4400 up to 30 days in advance to book the tour. If you are an Annual Pass holder you only pay $39 instead of $49 per person for the tour. Thanks everyone for the info.. Marilyn :sunny:

I enjoyed the tour and it was well worth the money. If you are a AAA member, you get $10 off. I learned alot about Disneyland, and the hosts were excellent. We had John, and Reno kept appearing at several locations to help out also. John was good and very informative. Reno seemed to be very excited about telling us things, even though he'd probably said them a hundred times, he still showed a passion for it.

The downside was that the tour was a bit long and thin in parts. We spent an enormous amount of time in the tiny lobby of Club 33, which was unnecessary. It was nice to see it, but we didn't need to spend a half hour there (it might not have been that long, but it felt like it). We did the 2:30 tour, and we got a sandwich on a crossaint (there were several choices of sandwich, which we chose before the tour started), grapes, a drink and a cheesecake for dessert. The cheesecake was the best part of the meal. Our tour ran a little long, perhaps because I booked it for a Saturday afternoon when the crowds were at their highest and slowed our progress a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter