Walk it out for Wii?

shinysparklybubbles

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any feedback on the game? I ordered it from amazon and it had decent reviews but I'd rather hear from people on here. I turn to the dis for everything, funny how I value the opinion of Disney lovers more than others lol.

Anyway I ordered walk it out (and zumba for later). I am not active at all other than watching my 2 year old. I figured I am more likely to stick with something easy than jumping into something more physical (and probably getting hurt) and once I get walk it out under my belt for a while then do zumba. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had any success with walk it out or if they think it helped with their weight loss? I am also doing WW.

Hi! I started on Weight Watchers in January.. and to encourage myself to walk even when I didn't feel like getting out I got "Walk it Out" for the Wii and I also got another game "Personal Trainer: Walking" for our Nintendo DS (it comes with a couple activity meters that my husband & I have programmed to carry around in our pocket through the day)

I'll only talk about the Walk it Out though since that's what you inquired about.. When I'm doing it I average about an hour on it at a time.. I'm finding it to be rather fun and more fun than just walking in place while watching TV (which is what I was doing before with the Wii Fit) You get points for every step you take and you can use the points to unlock routes, bridges and build things like streetlights, trees and houses or apartment buildings etc.. (what I imagine playing the Sims is like maybe?) There are cds that float around that you unlock for points and add to your music.. Once I started I have managed to do it almost every day. The coach is a bit chatty but other wise it's fun and the songs are mostly good. I don't know if I can hear "Walking on Sunshine" anymore without wanting to scream.. but eventually I've been able to unlock over 40 of the 100+ songs they have on there. =) :cool1:

At the end when you save the game the coach lets you know how many calories you may have burned and how many steps you took (this game counts one foot movement as a step btw)

Have you tried it yet??

I am enjoying it so far! I get caught up in trying to get certain items and don't realize how much time has passed! I have been doing about 2 miles every other day. I don't think it's going to make insanely skinny but I think anything will help!

OMG, I love this game! It's like combining the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs with a game like Farmville. I strongly suggest going to the official Walk It Out Facebook page and clicking on the discussions, as people there have tons of helpful hints and have even compiled a user's manual.

Sad thing is, Konami totally missed the boat on marketing this game. The package art is so dorky and makes it look like a kiddie game. They would have made a fortune marketing it to boomers like me as a fitness game for people who get bored with walking DVDs that are always the same. I bought it based on Amazon reviews and am soooo glad I did. I actually did a second exercise session today because the island changes based on time of day and I had never seen it at night before.

Oh great tip about the FB page!! I really enjoy the game! I just figured out that if something is gold and "blinking" that I had previously unlocked it and needed to click to "open" it!

Yes, it took me awhile to figure out the blinking items too. The FB page taught me to turn around and pan my view, which has helped a lot. I also didn't realize that certain items only appear for purchase at certain times of day, so you have to play at various times or collect "magic clock" pieces to manually change the time. I've been walking at night to see the differences in the island and collect the constellations. I so wish that Konami would make a sequel.

I need to read more on the FB page. I can't see the discussions on my phone so I will have to wait to get some time to sit with the laptop to read more. I ended up playing twice today for 50 mins each time. I am desperately trying to unlock some more songs!!!

Just ordered it on Amazon with fre shipping and got it for a good deal..I can't find the facebook page though and did notice while searching for it Amazon says it's been discontinued by the Manufacturer and that a walk it out 2 may be happening.

One of the things I took a while to figure out was the Magic Clock. I was getting frustrated because I clicked on a couple and they didn't seem to do anything.. but then the DH mentioned that I had to collect pieces (like several CDs unlock a new song) so now I am obsessed with finding all the "Magic Clocks" so that when a different hour is unlocked I can try changing the time in Rythem Island and finding the Zodiac pieces DH keeps telling me about but I hadn't seen til recently when I unlocked the 3am hour. =) yay! :cool1:

I don't use my points for zodiac signs or times. I am so tired of the same songs I have been concentrating on getting new songs.

I started up a new island while I am finishing my old one, just to keep things fresh. I had no strategy for the first one, since I didn't really know what I was doing. For #2, I am only opening new paths, bridges, clock pieces and songs for now.

Konami has not confirmed a WIO2, but there are a LOT of people on Facebook hoping they do one.

I really hope they come out with a second one. I think they could make it a lot neater than this one, have a zoo, theme park, mall, or stuff like that where you would build rides, or exhibits or stores in a mall. Some of the people on the facebook page are intense, I do not know how they have the time to walk as long as they do. I guess if I spent less time on here I might have more lol.

I really want to get it now! Someone at my meeting today mentioned it. The way she spoke about it make me really excited about it.

My wife and I enjoy it. We hope they come out with a sequel where you walk around disney and you open up characters and rides....dare to dream :rotfl:

I was thinking the same thing about Disney. A partnership would make sense since they (Disney) are involved in the First Lady's fitness campaign. But if they didn't want to partner with Konami, I'd take a sequel with a generic park. That would be so much fun to build.

I really want to get it now! Someone at my meeting today mentioned it. The way she spoke about it make me really excited about it.
Amazon is probably your best bet as it's getting scarce in stores now (I think Konami discontinued it, although they still pop in on the Facebook page). I wanted instant gratification so I hunted it down at a Gamestop half an hour from my house, but it was $10 more than Amazon there.

I love this game! I was a Leslie Sansone fan, but even though I have about 10 of her dvds, I needed something that would distract me from my workout. :rotfl: Walk it Out does exactly that. I totally loose track of time trying to get enough coins to buy a certain something. First thing I do is find the rainbow. Don't know why, but it makes me smile.:flower3: Op you won't be sorry you bought it. Enjoy!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter