Walking time from Splash Mtn to Tomorrowland? How about New Orleans Square to DCA?

imjen

DIS Veteran
Just trying to strategize a bit for our upcoming trip and wondering if anyone can tell me an approx. walking time (with stroller) to Splash Mtn. from Tomorrowland? And from New Orleans Square to the Sun Court at DCA? How about from Bug's Land to Screamin'? And fastest ways to get there? TIA!! :teeth:

From Splash Mtn to Tommorrowland gate would only take about 10 minutes leisurely walk. New Orlean Sq to the Sun Court at DCA is a longer walk with two gates to go through. Assuming that you were not stopped in a line at either gate I would give you about 12 minutes. Bug's Land to Screaming is a short jaunt of about 6 minutes. Not much in the way of short cuts. I could be off but not by much. DLR is a much more compact region than WDW.

Sounds about right to me. The crowds will be the big factor here.

You mention a stroller - if your littel one is still in diapers, be sure to check out the Baby Care centers at both parks! Best places around to change diapers, use a small toilet, feed, etc etc etc. :flower3:

Dsneyland - when facing the castle on main street, it's on the right side at the end of main street just past the side door to the China Closet store - across from the Corn Dog wagon.

DCA - it's at the back of the Mission Tortilla Factory tour building, next to first aid (entrance to the Pacific Wharf area, off to the left behind the grain silos)

Thank you B9erSteve and bunninose!

Bunninose, we will have a 9.5 mo. old so we will probably get some use out of the baby centers. Do all of the bathrooms have baby changing stations also? Are there any that are too squishy/crowded to attempt diaper changes in? Thanks for that info!

The changing tables in the Men's rooms (the only ones I have experience with) are usually built in and about the size of your average size home changing table. I don't remember seeing any of those plastic Koala stations anywhere. My next trip to the park will be mid-may. My daughter will be 10 mos. so I will be experiencing the changing tables once again myself.

They don't have DCA on here, and last time I went through it they were missing a few, but check this site out.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/

I almost never used the public bathrooms but instead chose to go to the babycare centers. My choice, but I much prefered them. About the only changing center I ever used was the ones at the parking structure, and that was to do a change right before heading off to the car.

Yes, there are changing stations in (nearly) every restroom in both parks (I say nearly because I haven't been in every mens room so I don't know for absolute sure). Disney seems to think that Daddys should enjoy the special bonding of diaper changes just as much as Mommys :earboy2: . No excuse for Daddys to shy away from the duty.

Most restrooms in DL and all in DCA have large changing stations (flat granite or steel surfaces with a lip - large paper towel 'pads' and toilet paper). I always avoid the fantasyland RRs near the castle (Princes/Princesses) -there's no room for the stroller and it's just cramped.

The baby care centers are the only ones that have padded tables, and you can both go in the changing rooms with the babe - sometimes that's a real help if things are a tad messy or if the babe is rambunctious. DCA's has an adult restroom inside, whereas the DL one does not (you have to go either 1/2 way down Main Street or to the Tomorrowland side of the Plaza Inn restaurant).

If you're staying late - BRING JAMMIES FOR THE KIDLET! We learned that from watching others. Now we make our last diaper change in the parking structure and put DS in jammies for the ride home - then we just dump him in bed when we get home.

Also - in the baby care centers - there are breastfeeding areas, fridges to store expressed/formula bottles, etc. YOu can buy jarred baby food, diapers (also sold at stroller rental) and other misc baby supplies. Pricey, no doubt, but they're available if you need it.

On the boards there have been questions of stroller safety at the parks - I have never ever had our stroller disturbed, nor the things left with it. I'm not stupid - I take my wallet, keys, camera, prescription glasses etc with me, but the bag itself has never been touched. Another side note - the wheel came off our personal stroller one time - a custodial CM saw us, got on the radio, and we got a rental for free. Very cool.

Yikes - I'm at work - I'd better go! We've been going to DL with our now-3-1/2 yr old DS since he was two weeks old, so I've got lots of baby experience!! Ask away!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter