Walt Disney Company Quarter 2 Earnings Report 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will too but as I said n other threads earning calls are normally very very conservative on what they say for legal reasons. Their Quarterly loss is likely to be big but I’m not expecting a ton of good news since so much is unknown and you can’t overpromise to investors.

im expecting an overall bleak call with hope for the future with tons and tons of caveats.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce DCL will truly resume partial ops in August even though there are some cruises scheduled before then.

FWIW A poster on wdwmagic, WDWPro, suggests the announcement at the earnings call will be Disneyland closed until the end of the year and WDW closed until (at least) August 1. There seems to be a question regarding the effectiveness of masks. I'm assuming compliance is one of the issues.

I hope he's wrong but ....it's questionable if Disney can enforce a mask rule. Read the many posts on the fan sites. Read news accounts.

FWIW A poster on a different board WDWPro suggests the announcement at the earnings call will be Disneyland closed until the end of the year and WDW closed until (at least) August 1. There seems to be a question regarding the effectiveness of masks. I'm assuming compliance is one of the issues.

I hope he's wrong but ....it's questionable if Disney can enforce a mask rule.
He seems to throw around a lot of "insider" info. He may be right but he may be wrong too. I dont believe that its gonna be that long though, and especially Disneyland

FWIW A poster on wdwmagic, WDWPro, suggests the announcement at the earnings call will be Disneyland closed until the end of the year and WDW closed until (at least) August 1. There seems to be a question regarding the effectiveness of masks. I'm assuming compliance is one of the issues.

I hope he's wrong but ....it's questionable if Disney can enforce a mask rule. Read the many posts on the fan sites. Read news accounts.
I mean, someone shot and killed a Michigan security guard who was just trying to enforce the mask rules at a store, so some people certainly object to the facemask rule.

FWIW A poster on wdwmagic, WDWPro, suggests the announcement at the earnings call will be Disneyland closed until the end of the year and WDW closed until (at least) August 1.

No way they "announce" that Disneyland won't open this year. They'll likely announce SHDL, HKDL, Disney Springs, and maybe WDW

That would be a strange play to make to investors during a quarterly call revealing a drastic decline in earnings to say that Disneyland wont open until 2021 and WDW for another (at least) 3 months.

If that is the situation and they KNOW that is the situation they can't keep that from investors
There’s no way they actually know that it is the situation. No one knows what’s going on with this virus that’s why projections have been all over the map. We didn’t know in March what our situation in May would look like, and we surely don’t know in May what our situation through December would look like. Everyone take everything with a grain of salt until something more credible is released and not from some internet stranger.

I hope they are wrong.
If this is indeed the case, I can't imagine the future of anything new at Disney looks very bright. Not for a long time.

Will follow this thread for updates, thanks for all who will report later today!
:)

Last edited:
No way they "announce" that Disneyland won't open this year. They'll likely announce SHDL, HKDL, Disney Springs, and maybe WDW
Correct.
They would announce an open target date but I cannot see them ever announce a definite close date.
An earnings call is always to make it seem positive even with bad news for a company (we fell short of expectations here but we are building and seeing positive returns here type of thing).
They would more likely say "We will phase open WDW starting blah blah... Until further discussions with the governor of CA we will continue to have DL closed for the time being.."
Something like that as opposed to a definite half year close.

I’m not surprised at all that the decision to delay openings or remain closed longer could possibly be based on the Great Mask Debate. There is so much disagreement on this among the GP, and it’s becoming dangerous in many parts of the country already. Disney wants no part of that.

For the record, I really hope that rumor is untrue. Just saying I wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m not surprised at all that the decision to delay openings or remain closed longer could possibly be based on the Great Mask Debate. There is so much disagreement on this among the GP, and it’s becoming dangerous in many parts of the country already. Disney wants no part of that.

For the record, I really hope that rumor is untrue. Just saying I wouldn’t be surprised.
What is getting dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!