Walt Disney Company Quarter 2 Earnings Report 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was actually a Mervyn’s commercial!!

eta: I’m just impatient for any answer. I can pretty much rebook for any time so I just want to be able to plan.
Mervyns, lol! I haven't heard that store name in a long time. It very well may have been. ETA: looks like it was. That gif made me crack up :rotfl2:

Here's to hoping for something official from Disney soon!

Not that I'm a huge fan of either of the Bob's but i like to throw interesting facts around these boards once in a while...

How do you reconcile that statement with this fact of recent park history:

"Chapek “oversaw the largest capital expansion in the history of our parks,” Iger said"
I'm going to go with an indirect reference to Star Wars Land in both Orlando and Anaheim!

Nice to see a positive open for the stock this morning coming off of the pullback after hours yesterday.
Disney positive while the DOW goes negative. Wall St. must of liked what they heard yesterday. It's only 35 minutes in so let's hope it can hold.

And after being nearly 4% up at one point, ended the day negative (albeit barely, so...mostly flat).
WEIRD movement from this stock and others. I can't possibly predict where DIS or any other stock moves from here.

They announced huge losses, with perhaps even bigger losses for the current quarter, and yet it opened the day up? what?

And suspending the dividend didn't seem to affect it much at all? that's pretty rare.

Ah well, I'm definitely hoping the company succeeds and the parks are able to open up as quickly as is possible to do safely... I'm just perplexed by the seemingly random movements.

And after being nearly 4% up at one point, ended the day negative (albeit barely, so...mostly flat).
WEIRD movement from this stock and others. I can't possibly predict where DIS or any other stock moves from here.

They announced huge losses, with perhaps even bigger losses for the current quarter, and yet it opened the day up? what?

And suspending the dividend didn't seem to affect it much at all? that's pretty rare.

Ah well, I'm definitely hoping the company succeeds and the parks are able to open up as quickly as is possible to do safely... I'm just perplexed by the seemingly random movements.
Most assumptions are that everyone already knew Disney was suffering greatly, so it being officially announced wasn't surprised. The current situation is "priced in" already. If the results were significantly worse than expected, it may have dropped more.

For what it's worth....
Disney Stock Price gained back everything it lost prior to the COVID shut downs as of today. Stock price peaked at around 119 on March 4, then started falling, hitting a low of 85.76 on March 23, and closed at 119.77 today. Yes, it was above 140, but the reason it fell from there was because Bob Iger suddenly stepped down handing the reins to Bob Chapek.

For what it's worth....
Disney Stock Price gained back everything it lost prior to the COVID shut downs as of today. Stock price peaked at around 119 on March 4, then started falling, hitting a low of 85.76 on March 23, and closed at 119.77 today. Yes, it was above 140, but the reason it fell from there was because Bob Iger suddenly stepped down handing the reins to Bob Chapek.

Nice to see it climbing back but I don't agree that the drop from 140 to 119 in late February/early March was all due to Iger. Your forgetting that the Asian parks were shutting down back then and the Street was starting to price in extended closures for those parks and those in Europe and the US. Also the entire market was getting hit with Covid fears around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!