Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Booked vacation package room & tickets online for Swan Reserve through MDE and can't make any online payments. Under the confirmation number there's no payment option link at all. Called Disney, told them the situation, and they found the confirmation number however there's no balance. Which the response I got was "That's odd". Called number given to me to make automated payment and it refused to go that route and had to hold for CM. At that point hung up given the prior response from CM.

Got a receipt when making deposit with remaining balance due 30 day before trip. There's a link to click on in email of my reservations to make a payment. Again, there's no payment option link available at all. There's an option to ACH or mail a check that I got in email. Don't feel comfortable with that because it doesn't give us an email receipt of balance payment. Unless others have done the ACH/mailed check route?

Don't want to cancel, however it was never this difficult as we were able to make payments online with YC & tickets with no issues. Any tips on how to navigate this?

Any tips on how to navigate this?
Since it was booked through Disney, and not Marriott you'll probably need to call Disney again, and maybe again, to get them to resolve it. You can also try calling Swan/Dolphin M-F 8AM-5PM, use the local number, 407-934-4000 and ask for in-house reservations - they might be able to point you by in the right direction since they have the relationship with Disney. You want to avoid getting the call center, the local team is your best bet.

I just booked May 4th at the Swan to add on to a BWV rental beginning May 5th. The AP rate dropped from $239 to $199 (pre taxes and fees), so I grabbed it. It will cost about $300 after parking etc. My niece and I will use the extra night to eat at Il Mulino, and Sunday morning for breakfast at Garden Grove, where I haven't eaten in many years. So, it looks like now I'm adding vacation nights just to eat. 🙄

I just booked May 4th at the Swan to add on to a BWV rental beginning May 5th. The AP rate dropped from $239 to $199 (pre taxes and fees), so I grabbed it. It will cost about $300 after parking etc. My niece and I will use the extra night to eat at Il Mulino, and Sunday morning for breakfast at Garden Grove, where I haven't eaten in many years. So, it looks like now I'm adding vacation nights just to eat. 🙄
Sounds good to me, Patty, enjoy.

Booked vacation package room & tickets online for Swan Reserve through MDE and can't make any online payments. Under the confirmation number there's no payment option link at all. Called Disney, told them the situation, and they found the confirmation number however there's no balance. Which the response I got was "That's odd". Called number given to me to make automated payment and it refused to go that route and had to hold for CM. At that point hung up given the prior response from CM.

Got a receipt when making deposit with remaining balance due 30 day before trip. There's a link to click on in email of my reservations to make a payment. Again, there's no payment option link available at all. There's an option to ACH or mail a check that I got in email. Don't feel comfortable with that because it doesn't give us an email receipt of balance payment. Unless others have done the ACH/mailed check route?

Don't want to cancel, however it was never this difficult as we were able to make payments online with YC & tickets with no issues. Any tips on how to navigate this?
Are you married to this package or is there no availability for your dates at SR anymore? I’d cancel it, book a refundable rate with SR direct (sometimes you can even get a discount, like if you’re a AAA member) and buy your tickets from Disney (or a 3rd party seller like UT where you can get a bit of a discount and I believe they offer 95% refunds if you chose to cancel).

Otherwise you have no choice but to call Disney and keep trying to escalate to someone who can help. No way would I just ACH money or mail a check. I’d cancel the package if that is the only option even if SR is no longer available for my dates and pick another route.

Update: Gottalovepluto gave us some food for thought where we were not married to the package. So this morning login under husband's account and booked Wilderness Lodge BR 2 Bed villas at room 30% off. That way we're guaranteed the room. Felt relief immediately with deposit down and remaining total amount due at check-in right under new confirmation.

Called CM very nice and extremely helpful to cancel Swan Reserve reservation and getting full refund of deposit since SR package was within 5 days of booking. Total time spent on phone 26 minutes with survey at the end. Someone mentioned on the theme park planning board that it's cheaper to book the 4 day 1 park per day pass. Again, what Gottaloveplutto said wasn't married to park hoppers. So by purchasing tickets separately, room separately, vs. SR package and it's a savings of $1K.

Thanks again to everyone for their guidance. A huge thank you from our family to yours. :grouphug:

Does anyone know if Phins at the Dolphin still does their brunch with the crazy Bloody Marys? They look fantastic!

Is there still a car rental desk at the Dolphin? I thought it was National/Alamo, but it's not coming up on their websites as a location. Dolphin website says there's a car rental desk, but doesn't say what it is.

Edit: Called - no, they do not have a desk any more.

Last edited:
Is there still a car rental desk at the Dolphin? I thought it was National/Alamo, but it's not coming up on their websites as a location. Dolphin website says there's a car rental desk, but doesn't say what it is.

And from their text back to me.

1713890504728.png

I know this has been posted before, but I was so excited that I wanted to post a reminder to keep checking prices online, even after you book. Prices on our dates have gone down TWICE just this week! The first time, by $50 per night! Definitely worth taking a minute to check every now and then! Only thing better than a Swan/Dolphin stay is saving money on a Swan/Dolphin stay! 😍

And from their text back to me.

View attachment 854225

Covid did that counter option in, but it is very easy to rent from the Car Care Center near MK. You can arrange a van pick up at no cost, grab your rental and go. I know it does Alamo and National--not sure of all the others. I know I usually have a hard time getting it to pop up as a location when I try to book through Alamo or National, but it is certainly there and easily accessible.

How are the sofa beds at the swan reserve? Looking at upgrading but one in our party would have to use the sofa bed if so. Would go from 2 queens no view to one king suite Epcot view. Thanks for advice!

I know this has been posted before, but I was so excited that I wanted to post a reminder to keep checking prices online, even after you book. Prices on our dates have gone down TWICE just this week! The first time, by $50 per night! Definitely worth taking a minute to check every now and then! Only thing better than a Swan/Dolphin stay is saving money on a Swan/Dolphin stay! 😍
Was coming here to post the same. Our May trip at the Dolphin has decreased 3 times since we booked it in January. Difference between original reservation and the one I just booked yesterday is about $500. More money to spend at F&G...lol!! :cool1:

Ours hasn't dropped through Marriott but I just saw on Priceline that it went WAY down if I were to switch from Swan to Dolphin. Like $256 per night vs $198. Has anyone done priceline and been able to link to MDE before checkin? Priceline's fees are higher so the difference isn't quite as drastic as it sounds but it's still about a $250 difference overall. I'm partial to staying booked with Marriott directly but 250 is 250!

Update: Gottalovepluto gave us some food for thought where we were not married to the package. So this morning login under husband's account and booked Wilderness Lodge BR 2 Bed villas at room 30% off. That way we're guaranteed the room. Felt relief immediately with deposit down and remaining total amount due at check-in right under new confirmation.

Called CM very nice and extremely helpful to cancel Swan Reserve reservation and getting full refund of deposit since SR package was within 5 days of booking. Total time spent on phone 26 minutes with survey at the end. Someone mentioned on the theme park planning board that it's cheaper to book the 4 day 1 park per day pass. Again, what Gottaloveplutto said wasn't married to park hoppers. So by purchasing tickets separately, room separately, vs. SR package and it's a savings of $1K.

Thanks again to everyone for their guidance. A huge thank you from our family to yours. :grouphug:
A WL BR 2 Bedroom Villa? That’s awesome!! You guys are gonna have a blast party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter