Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

FL Tours has vans that can accommodate a group and their luggage. They are recommended on the Transportation forum here. Two groups of my relatives used them in September and were pleased with the price and service. :)
We used Orlando Limo. We had 4 adults and 3 kids (2 in boosters), and a TON of luggage. They sent a really nice big SUV that had plenty of room for us all, and it was actually more affordable than ubering.
ETA: We got the booster seats from them for a $10 charge once and bought our own another time. In the future, I’ll just rent from them.

one more thing I forgot to add, and I wanted to note because it is a concern that has been raised here and one that I had this time around. I have a 20 month old who CAN NOT sleep in the same room as us. She sleeps in a crib, and whenever we are traveling and she is in the same room it is a nightmare because she can see us and she wants to get out of the crib. I had a couple ideas of how we could get around it, but this worked really well for us (I wish I had gotten a photo). My husband took one side of the bifold door of the closet off the track (we did not damage anything, we have these at home and know how they work), only partially so it was still hinged to the closet but so that it swung out into the room. It acted as a partition to the rest of the room (the door swung out to take up about half or 3/4 of the hallway). We put the crib in the closet perpendicular (so that the short end was up against the wall and the rest of the crib stretched out into the room). Then we had the closet door stretched out. it was just enough of a partition to give her her space and when she laid down she couldn't see the rest of the room. When we left we just reattached the other side of the door to the track on the top and bottom.
We had a premium studio in the Dolphin and it had a separate bedroom, you could easily put a crib in the seating area. We had a great rate, not much more than a mod without a discount.
When we were at Dolphin in June, we also made the same comment--the hallway carpets were worn to a frazzle from the housekeeping carts. I could not believe the poor condition for carpets that had only just been replaced.
We stayed at the Dolphin two weeks ago and my DH and I were discussing the carpet and trying to figure out if it was the carpet design, it was worn already, or not replaced. His conclusion was that it was new and designed that way. The worn looking parts were not in a straight line and sometimes were close to the wall where it wouldn't get any foot traffic or even housekeeping carts. In any case it does look worn and not new. This was our first stay at the Dolphin so I don't know what the old carpet looked like.
Fuel at the Dolphin is a great place for breakfast, whether bagels, assorted bakery, or breakfast sandwiches. It also has a good selection of grab and go salads and sandwiches, as well as packaged snacks and coffee. However, it does not offer the 20% AAA discount that Picabu provides.

With a fairly large seating area, it looks like Fuel is becoming a popular Counter Service location.
We got the AAA discount two weeks ago.

We got the AAA discount two weeks ago.
In a follow-up post, I wrote that I received the AAA discount on my first visit to Fuel. However, when I visited a couple of days later, the person checking me out stated they did not offer the discount. When I told him that I received the discount a couple of days prior, he looked at the manager, who was working the other register. She told him he should give me the discount. When I directly asked her if Fuel was not providing a AAA discount, she looked at me, smiled, and indicated "no," as she shook her head.

Is there Starbucks at picabu and the new coffee shop? Are there refillable mugs? Cost? Thanks!!

I'm not sure if you received a response to your question. Yes, the brewed coffee is Starbucks. Yes, there is a refillable mug. I was there in December and I used the same mug for hot and cold items. I have heard others mention that there is a separate mug for cold and hot beverages, but I have never experienced this, or it may be that the staff just doesn't care...

Does anyone else have an issue with the coffee set-up in the room? To me it seems that the coffee pod is too large for the size coffee maker and the size of the cup? We never got a decent cup of coffee from it.

I'm not sure if you received a response to your question. Yes, the brewed coffee is Starbucks. Yes, there is a refillable mug.

Now this might have already been covered and I'm being dumb, so apologies if I missed this; but are they doing the refillable mugs in Fuel?

I know Picabu do them and it's only a couple of floors below; but never underestimate just how lazy I can be on Holiday :thumbsup2 (even though the reason I stay at Swan and Dolphin is I love to walk to Epcot and DHS, lets just say I'm selectively lazy)

So if like last time, I'm in a room really near the lobby, the idea of me heading down to Picabu every time I want a drink :eek: well lets face it, its not going to happen lol

Does anyone else have an issue with the coffee set-up in the room? To me it seems that the coffee pod is too large for the size coffee maker and the size of the cup? We never got a decent cup of coffee from it.
The pod is a bit larger then the floor of the container that holds the pod. I just push it down and it works fine for me. Always a good cup of coffee. You can make it stronger by using a bit less water, weaker by adding hot water after the cup is brewed. If you do not like the flavor, well, nothing can be done about that. I do like Starbucks though.

The pod is a bit larger then the floor of the container that holds the pod. I just push it down and it works fine for me. Always a good cup of coffee. You can make it stronger by using a bit less water, weaker by adding hot water after the cup is brewed. If you do not like the flavor, well, nothing can be done about that. I do like Starbucks though.
Thanks Dan....just never fills the cup and leaves some of the water in the maker...just seemed strange to me...

Thanks Dan....just never fills the cup and leaves some of the water in the maker...just seemed strange to me...
maybe you've got a coffee pot that isn't working right? I never had any issues with water being left in the tank. I thought it was good coffee. As good as I make at home (I hate Kcups, they are too weak for me and I feel the same way about most coffee that I purchase from other places). I purchased my own creamer.

Now this might have already been covered and I'm being dumb, so apologies if I missed this; but are they doing the refillable mugs in Fuel?

I know Picabu do them and it's only a couple of floors below; but never underestimate just how lazy I can be on Holiday :thumbsup2 (even though the reason I stay at Swan and Dolphin is I love to walk to Epcot and DHS, lets just say I'm selectively lazy)

So if like last time, I'm in a room really near the lobby, the idea of me heading down to Picabu every time I want a drink :eek: well lets face it, its not going to happen lol
Yes I have the same question! Good question!!

I’m curious about the mugs too. I also wanted to know if anyone has tried using their own coffee in the in room coffee maker? I’ll be here for a conference in 3 weeks and wanted to know. Thanks.

I am looking into booking rooms with points and adding the parlor for $200/night as others have mentioned they did in the past. This would give me the executive suite I am looking for, I believe. Wondering if anyone knows whether the parlor also incurs a resort fee per night? Tagging @JerseyJanice and @ckelly14 to draw attention from the experts but would love any input.

I am looking into booking rooms with points and adding the parlor for $200/night as others have mentioned they did in the past. This would give me the executive suite I am looking for, I believe. Wondering if anyone knows whether the parlor also incurs a resort fee per night? Tagging @JerseyJanice and @ckelly14 to draw attention from the experts but would love any input.
I've never intentionally added the parlor, but whenever I've received an upgrade to a suite with parlor I've never been charged an additional resort fee.

You pay only one resort fee per suite so it’s a deal if you are taking it with 2 bedrooms.

Last year, our suite was located in the center of the Swan building facing the Dolphin.

I thought that was the ultimate until we saw this year’s suite. We were in the West Wing near the end of the corridor and got four separate balconies, two in the parlor and one in each bedroom. It had a view of the pool complex and Expedition Everest. :)

Have a three night solo stay (Dec. 6, 7 & 8) at the Swan coming up. So looking forward to decorations, good food, meandering, and some park time.

It's been 10 years since we were last at WDW and that last trip was as a family and this time it will just my wife and I. Been debating around and around between going to S/D or one of the Moderates. Right now Swan is in the lead just due to location and quick access to Epcot & DHS. The best rate I'm able to find for 5 nights in late January is through the Costco program average night is running $348/night, I could stay at CBR for just about half that, which is very tempting. It seems that rates at Swan are at peak that time of year, which surprised me a bit.

BTW Dan Murphy it's good to see you still here. I don't know if you will recall but my wife and I met you on your California trip back in 2000 or 2001 I think it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter