Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello. This is my first question, so if I'm not putting it in the right place please let me know. Has anyone stayed in a grand suite at the Swan (one bedroom with parlor) and also stayed in a one bedroom villa at Bay Lake Tower? If so, could you tell me which one you prefer for two adults with children? We plan to spend 3 days at MK, and one at each of the other parks. Thank you.
Also interested as we stayed in a one bedroom villa at BLT last november and are staying at Dolphin this November. Right now we are in two connected rooms with two adults and two kids 5 and 7. We are considering changing to the parlor suite so we can have more common area space but that would mean hubby and I sleeping on the pull out and I don’t know how that would be. We LOVED the one bedroom at BLT. So much space. No real kitchen in the parlor at Dolphin. But we don’t cook so that wouldn’t be too big of a deal.

JJ2017, we also stayed at the BLT and loved it. We've never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin and I'm worried we won't like it as much BLT, but it looks so nice in the photos. Also, the new 90 day Fast Pass purchase option if you stay in a suite at the Swan sounds like it might be something we would do, and we can't do that at the BLT.

Hello. This is my first question, so if I'm not putting it in the right place please let me know. Has anyone stayed in a grand suite at the Swan (one bedroom with parlor) and also stayed in a one bedroom villa at Bay Lake Tower? If so, could you tell me which one you prefer for two adults with children? We plan to spend 3 days at MK, and one at each of the other parks. Thank you.
The Grand Suite at the Swan is very nice and roomy. The rooms were all refurbished within the last couple of years. There is a normal bedroom with two queen beds or one king, full bathroom that has a tub with showerhead, toilet, and sink/vanity, as well as a second sink/vanity outside the bathroom. The parlor, which is separated by a connecting door between the two rooms, is much like a living room and has a queen sleeper sofa, upholstered chairs, large dining table/chairs, full bathroom, as well as small wet bar area with sink and bar with stools. It does not have a kitchen.

BLT has a complete kitchen with appliances.

If you do not plan to cook while there, the Swan Grand Suite is a very good option. There are lots of food outlets between the Swan and Dolphin, and the ability to walk or take the FriendShip boats to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and DHS is great. The buses to MK are not bad, especially if getting on at the Swan. After the Swan, the bus makes its only other puck up at the Dolphin.

Not all Grand Suites have a balcony. If you decide to stay at the Swan in a Grand Suite, you may want to consider requesting one with a balcony; I'm not sure if there is an additional cost, though.

JJ2017, we also stayed at the BLT and loved it. We've never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin and I'm worried we won't like it as much BLT, but it looks so nice in the photos. Also, the new 90 day Fast Pass purchase option if you stay in a suite at the Swan sounds like it might be something we would do, and we can't do that at the BLT.
The new paid FPs is what is making me take a look at switching up our options. I just don’t want to jump the gun if the pilot program changes.

If you book Swan/Dolphin on points, are you even eligible for the possible CL/DSS paid FPs?
Yes, you should be, if you book either a suite or premium alcove room for a minimum three night stay. I believe that the parlor portion of the suite cannot be booked with points - it's an additional payment of about $200 per night. I would contact the resort to confirm, though, as this trial offer is so new.

Yes, you should be, if you book either a suite or premium alcove room for a minimum three night stay. I believe that the parlor portion of the suite cannot be booked with points - it's an additional payment of about $200 per night. I would contact the resort to confirm, though, as this trial offer is so new.
Thank you. I do have to think this through as I know something could change at any point. As recommended by someone here, I called two times to inquire about booking the Parlor on points. One said YES and one said NO. Very interesting. I really want to pull the trigger on switching from two connecting rooms to one double room + parlor - but only if it can be booked on points and only if hubby and I think we would be OK sleeping on the pull out for 5 nights. Then, to decide whether to book this combo at Swan or Dolphin. Anyone want to weigh in?

I was looking at booking and reading over the fees. The resort fee says it includes internet but then on the list I saw another in room internet fee. So if I want to use WiFi in my room at the resort there is another fee on top of the resort fee or am I reading this wrong?

I was looking at booking and reading over the fees. The resort fee says it includes internet but then on the list I saw another in room internet fee. So if I want to use WiFi in my room at the resort there is another fee on top of the resort fee or am I reading this wrong?

The resort fee covers the WiFi, no extra charge for that.

When logging in to the resort WiFi, you are given the option to upgrade to a higher speed at an additional cost. But, the standard WiFi is included.

Thank you. I do have to think this through as I know something could change at any point. As recommended by someone here, I called two times to inquire about booking the Parlor on points. One said YES and one said NO. Very interesting. I really want to pull the trigger on switching from two connecting rooms to one double room + parlor - but only if it can be booked on points and only if hubby and I think we would be OK sleeping on the pull out for 5 nights. Then, to decide whether to book this combo at Swan or Dolphin. Anyone want to weigh in?

We've stayed at the Swan a dozen or so times in the past 10 years, always on points and a few times in a 1 or 2 bedroom Grand Suite. We have an upcoming trip in a few weeks, also on points, and was tipped off that the parlor portion (normally a $240 /night + taxes upgrade) can be booked on points now -- which I think is a new thing.

I called the Swan to confirm, they said yes and had me book another room via SPG.com using points while on the phone. They then converted that reservation # into the parlor and combined it with our existing bedroom SPG reservation. So net cost in points is 19,200 points /night (5th night free) + $31.50 resort fee. (19.2k would be low season per night (12k night per room), if high season points pricing you'd be looking at 25,600 points per night for the 1 bedroom + parlor.)

Grand Suite is great if traveling with kids! Tons of room + one extra full bathroom is always a huge plus!

IMG_7829.JPG

We've stayed at the Swan a dozen or so times in the past 10 years, always on points and a few times in a 1 or 2 bedroom Grand Suite. We have an upcoming trip in a few weeks, also on points, and was tipped off that the parlor portion (normally a $240 /night + taxes upgrade) can be booked on points now -- which I think is a new thing.

I called the Swan to confirm, they said yes and had me book another room via SPG.com using points while on the phone. They then converted that reservation # into the parlor and combined it with our existing bedroom SPG reservation. So net cost in points is 19,200 points /night (5th night free) + $31.50 resort fee. (19.2k would be low season per night (12k night per room), if high season points pricing you'd be looking at 25,600 points per night for the 1 bedroom + parlor.)

Grand Suite is great if traveling with kids! Tons of room + one extra full bathroom is always a huge plus!

View attachment 297153
So helpful. Thank you so much. How was sleeping on the pull out?

So helpful. Thank you so much. How was sleeping on the pull out?

Basic no-frills pull out....got the job done.... no complaints or back aches. The closet in the parlor portion has generally been nicely stocked with tons of extra pillows, blankets, comforters in our experience

Basic no-frills pull out....got the job done.... no complaints or back aches. The closet in the parlor portion has had tons of extra pillows, blankets, comforters if I recall.
Thanks - I know I'm beating a dead horse, and hubby is about to divorce me for being so wishy washy, but do you know the main differences between the parlor add on at the swan vs the parlor add on at dolphin? the actual bedroom part doesn't matter since that's where the kids will sleep. more concerned about how comfortable we will be on the pull outs. if we can save some points, we would go with dolphin.

Thanks - I know I'm beating a dead horse, and hubby is about to divorce me for being so wishy washy, but do you know the main differences between the parlor add on at the swan vs the parlor add on at dolphin? the actual bedroom part doesn't matter since that's where the kids will sleep. more concerned about how comfortable we will be on the pull outs. if we can save some points, we would go with dolphin.

Never actually stayed at the Dolphin, but being that their renovation is even fresher than the Swan's now definitely worth checking out. Their Grand Suite is 1/3 of the size (450 sq ft vs 700 sq ft at the Swan). I got curious too and checked here:

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/grand_suite.html

If you compare the Dolphin GS pic on that page to my pic (above) from our last trip the Dolphin GS definitely seems noticeably smaller

Never actually stayed at the Dolphin, but being that their renovation is even fresher than the Swan's now definitely worth checking out. Their Grand Suite is 1/3 of the size (450 sq ft vs 700 sq ft at the Swan). I got curious too and checked here:

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/grand_suite.html

If you compare the Dolphin GS pic on that page to my pic (above) from our last trip the Dolphin GS definitely seems noticeably smaller
Ah, OK - square footage is definitely a "big" difference. Thank you so much. Hubby and I go at the end of April and I'd love to be able to see this in person to make a decision (if possible), but I'm scared end of April will be too late to book for the beginning of November. I know it's available right now both at Swan and Dolphin.

Ah, OK - square footage is definitely a "big" difference. Thank you so much. Hubby and I go at the end of April and I'd love to be able to see this in person to make a decision (if possible), but I'm scared end of April will be too late to book for the beginning of November. I know it's available right now both at Swan and Dolphin.

Yeah if you're booking using points for some or all keep an eye on the booking calendar on spg.com for the Swan and Dolphin ... a lot of times there can be a random 2-3 days per month that show as sold out (usually a business convention) which could force you to re-arrange travel dates a little. Early November you should be fine, I think that's historically a good week to visit WDW (in terms of crowd levels anyway).

If you have points laying around and don't mind "locking" them up, you can always book now and cancel if needed. Swan used to be 48 hours, but our most recent stay is a 5 day cancel. The GS they used to secure with a 1 night deposit, but our most recent booking (prior to switching the reservation to points) they required a $0 deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter