Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I did use it for the map when we were "lost" trying to get to the Dolphin lobby from Picabu.

LOL! I thought I was the only person who ever got lost there. :lmao:

Yes, those corridors are kind of maze-y in some spots imo, if that's what you meant.

Oh that makes me feel better! My wife and I both got a good laugh out of it.

Completely. They could use a few signs that say "This way" or "No we meant this way: :P

I was trying to get from Picabu to the Swan. I wound up in a dead end with only a service elevator. I took that up, then wound my way through the Dolphin lobby.

Afterward, I realized where I went wrong. There’s a spot/passageway where you’re supposed to go just past the check-in desk for Fresh Mediterranean. I thought it was only an entrance for the restaurant, and that’s how I got lost. (But don’t ask me how I wound up in a service elevator. LOL!)
Years back, I used to get confused sometimes, more so at the more expansive and multi-leveled public areas of the Dolphin than the Swan. But after all these years, I'm pretty good with knowing where I am and how to get to where I am going. :tiptoe:

Last edited:
Afterward, I realized where I went wrong. There’s a spot/passageway where you’re supposed to go just past the check-in desk for Fresh Mediterranean. I thought it was only an entrance for the restaurant, and that’s how I got lost. (But don’t ask me how I wound up in a service elevator. LOL!)
We did the same thing here! Luckily a nice employee saw us looking confused and told us it wasn't just the entrance for FM :laughing:

We just got back late last night:upsidedow And I'm sad!!! I can honestly say we've never had a bad stay at Swolphin......:lovestruc We scored a lovely end room in the east side with great views of Epcot and MK fireworks...(priceless) I never wanted to leave that view! (8001) After our Prime Now problem (not trying that again) another fam member did some checking,and ordered a regular Prime order with some food in it,based on the weight etc of the package,and how it's handled (regular mail vs 'business center package') they were charged 8.00 to get it,vs. the $100 the business center routing charged. I'm still trying to understand what went wrong with our ordering,since we did exactly what others here have done successfully. It all went fine due to Amazon's excellent service(and refunds) but I for sure don't understand the details of one vs. the other for ordering anything. Maybe they've got a new policy if it's 'groceries'?

oh,BTW to the PP looking for oatmeal, we brought packets of our favorite oatmeal,and used the hot water coffeemaker daily to make a bowl for breakfast,couldn't be easier! (or cheaper!) Just made sure we had some bowls and spoons to eat with and that was breakfast!

We just got back late last night:upsidedow And I'm sad!!! I can honestly say we've never had a bad stay at Swolphin......:lovestruc We scored a lovely end room in the east side with great views of Epcot and MK fireworks...(priceless) I never wanted to leave that view! (8001) After our Prime Now problem (not trying that again) another fam member did some checking,and ordered a regular Prime order with some food in it,based on the weight etc of the package,and how it's handled (regular mail vs 'business center package') they were charged 8.00 to get it,vs. the $100 the business center routing charged. I'm still trying to understand what went wrong with our ordering,since we did exactly what others here have done successfully. It all went fine due to Amazon's excellent service(and refunds) but I for sure don't understand the details of one vs. the other for ordering anything. Maybe they've got a new policy if it's 'groceries'?

Glad you had a great stay! We have our first stay at the Swan planned for next month! So excited!!

OK - we leave Friday! I was at Dolphin last May with my friend, but this time it's just me and hubby. We put in a request for an upgrade to a King Alcove b/c that's the room type we have in November and I want to see if that is worth the upcharge fee we are paying to have that room type connected to a double room for the kids. We'll see if we get any sort of upgrade at all - booked on points and arriving after midnight.

So I don't need to bring coffee, right (Starbucks provided daily)? I forget about to go cups - any in the room?

We have one park day and one all day pool day. We can use our AAA card to get discounts on food, right?

Soooooooo excited!

OK - we leave Friday! I was at Dolphin last May with my friend, but this time it's just me and hubby. We put in a request for an upgrade to a King Alcove b/c that's the room type we have in November and I want to see if that is worth the upcharge fee we are paying to have that room type connected to a double room for the kids. We'll see if we get any sort of upgrade at all - booked on points and arriving after midnight.

So I don't need to bring coffee, right (Starbucks provided daily)? I forget about to go cups - any in the room?

We have one park day and one all day pool day. We can use our AAA card to get discounts on food, right?

Soooooooo excited!

You make your Starbucks coffee in a disposable Starbucks cup. It is a single cup coffee maker. You can request as many pods as you wish.

AAA discounts are offered at many of the resort restaurants--food only.

You make your Starbucks coffee in a disposable Starbucks cup. It is a single cup coffee maker. You can request as many pods as you wish.

AAA discounts are offered at many of the resort restaurants--food only.
Thanks Tess! I never thought of asking for more pods. I'm a caffeine fiend and one cup is nowhere near enough for me each morning.

And I just joined AAA in November. I keep forgetting to look for discounts. I have to check.

We'll be at the Swan next month.

Make sure you bring your AAA card @Jerry2. They allowed my nephew to use it on room service.

@JJ2017 Both Cabanas near the Dolphin and Splash near the Swan give 20% off food with your AAA card.

I looked at both their menus recently and Cabanas def changed since I was there last fall. No more steak sandwich. Wah! No lobster sandwich on Cabanas menu, but it’s listed on the menu for Splash.

Just mentioning it in case you want to check both menus before you order at one. :)

Make sure you bring your AAA card @Jerry2. They allowed my nephew to use it on room service.

@JJ2017 Both Cabanas near the Dolphin and Splash near the Swan give 20% off food with your AAA card.

I looked at both their menus recently and Cabanas def changed since I was there last fall. No more steak sandwich. Wah! No lobster sandwich on Cabanas menu, but it’s listed on the menu for Splash.

Just mentioning it in case you want to check both menus before you order at one. :)
ooh, more research to do. didn't even look at the pool menus yet. which one is dolphin and which one swan (cabanas/splash). there is only one pool area, right? last time we set up near the one pool that has the waterfall/slide (what is that pool?)

There is a restaurant and bar near the Grotto pool called Cabanas.

On the other side of the white sand beach, there is a bar with some seating called the Splash Terrace.

One of my traveling group is wild about the lobster roll so I need to keep track of it for her. LOL! She uses her “green room” credits toward them.

Thanks, Janice, 20% is a nice discount. I will definitely keep an eye out for the AAA discounts.

Anyone know why the Dolphin is booked on Thursday Nov 8? It is putting a kink in my planning but if there is a big convention going on or some other disruption I may want to rethink my plans.

Anyone know why the Dolphin is booked on Thursday Nov 8? It is putting a kink in my planning but if there is a big convention going on or some other disruption I may want to rethink my plans.
uh oh! it is jersey week and we will be there then! hope it's not crazy there.

It is also the F&W marathon the weekend before and Veteran's day/last weekend of F&W the weekend after but I would have expected to see limited availability on Sat or Sun. Being booked on a Thursday is throwing me off.

this date, the last i checked, was booked at both the swan & dolphin. It doesn't hurt to call or e-mail and ask about it, though. Last time I did this availability magically opened up. I wouldn't worry about a "big convention" though. Big conventions at these resorts mean less crowded buses as most convention goers are not going to the parks.

We ran into that issue in January too, Costco Travel still had rooms thankfully.

Hi All--Staying at Dolphin this weekend for first time. Hubby threw out most of our old magic bands because they were piling up, so I need to buy a new one upon arrival. I heard that they have them in the Disney gift shop in the Dolphin, yes? If so, can anyone speak to the assortment? Just basic one in a couple of colors or a good variety? I'm hoping to score a millennial pink band. If not I can probably find one inside the parks, but figured it cant hurt to ask.

Also, can someone list the places in the resort that take the AAA discount? Picabu?

Hi All--Staying at Dolphin this weekend for first time. Hubby threw out most of our old magic bands because they were piling up, so I need to buy a new one upon arrival. I heard that they have them in the Disney gift shop in the Dolphin, yes? If so, can anyone speak to the assortment? Just basic one in a couple of colors or a good variety? I'm hoping to score a millennial pink band. If not I can probably find one inside the parks, but figured it cant hurt to ask.

Also, can someone list the places in the resort that take the AAA discount? Picabu?

I bet one of your old ones still works, so I'd bring what you got for now!

Wish I could help with the AAA discount. It's been years.

Picabu does take AAA, as I recall, the only place that didn't accept it were the coffee bars (pre-renovation, not sure if the new grab and go area accepts, but I seem to think there was discussion about it on here a while back).

There is a fairly decent selection of MBs in the Disney stores at Swan and Dolphin--can't speak to a Millennial Pink Band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter