Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

On our check out day, we have until 1:00 to be in a park. We want to make the most of that. From Dolphin - would you choose Epcot or HS for ease of getting to/from Dolphin so we don't stress about transportation? This will help plan our other park days. HS will have morning EMH. Thanks!
Personally I’d pick Epcot since it will be a closer walk, and the lines are minimal if you’re exploring the countries. You can have a much looser plan there and get back whenever you’re ready.

On our check out day, we have until 1:00 to be in a park. We want to make the most of that. From Dolphin - would you choose Epcot or HS for ease of getting to/from Dolphin so we don't stress about transportation? This will help plan our other park days. HS will have morning EMH. Thanks!

My choice would be simple:
Hollyweird for emh (DO NOT BE LATE!!!) and 3 fp. You'll probably then be at time to leave if you want a lunch. - Maybe head back to Swolphin for Fresh Med or Fountain?

Are any balcony rooms non-smoking at either Swan or Dolphin? Was going to call to upgrade to a balcony room but I don’t see any designated as “non-smoking.”
I’m wondering if a lot of smokers book balconies so they can sit outside and smoke...

There are no "Smoking" rooms at either resort. Both resorts are Smoke Free. You can't smoke in any guest rooms or even on a balcony. Well unless you want to pay the $250 cleaning fee.

Dave

There are no "Smoking" rooms at either resort. Both resorts are Smoke Free. You can't smoke in any guest rooms or even on a balcony. Well unless you want to pay the $250 cleaning fee.

Dave
This makes me feel better! I just saw that there were some rooms designated “non-smoking” and others weren’t online. I panicked that we could be in a smoking room!

In that case I would pick HS because of the extra hour. The walk times from Swan to either park are close enough to not be a significant factor.

Epcot. It is a quicker walk, no stress through the international gateway. Very pleasant. I don't plan around EMH, simply because we always seem extra tired at Disney so it's harder to get up in time (we are normally early risers, but the later in the trip the longer we sleep!).

It is .7 miles from Dolphin to IG entrance. It is a mile to HS.

It's really a toss up, depends on which park you enjoy more IMHO. For us DHS is about a half day park, so if I hadn't been there already I'd go there. But WS is a great time too.

Are any balcony rooms non-smoking at either Swan or Dolphin? Was going to call to upgrade to a balcony room but I don’t see any designated as “non-smoking.” I’m wondering if a lot of smokers book balconies so they can sit outside and smoke...
I'd verify but I don't think smoking is allowed on the balconies. They have designated areas for smoking. With the rule of 20 feet from an entrance I think this applies to balconies as well.

Smoking is ONLY permitted WITHIN the several designated smoking areas. All are identified on the resort maps Smoking not permitted anywhere else. Balconies are definitely not a designated smoking area 20 feet from an entrance does not apply

My sister is a smoker, and she smoked in a courtyard at the Swan.

She said it was the nicest designated smoking area she ever lit up in. :laughing:

In the past we have needed to have the points on our account to do it online. I have booked 1 night on points and a separate room on cash or all nights on cash in order to be sure we retained availability until we got points in our account. Then called later to have points applied. I find that SPG can do a lot more when you call, so I would call and ask to see if they’ll hold a points reservation without points.

We stayed at the Swan last March. We could not book a points reservation without points. We booked the two nights on points and then the other three cash. When we went back to book the last three nights, there were no more points nights available. Even though we had the points and the room, we could not use our points on that room because the allocation for rooms on points were gone. So, either stay at $300 a night or try something new. We tried Animal Kingdom Lodge from priceline at $209 a night. It was gorgeous and comfortable, but very inconvenient to the parks and Disney Springs. We will be glad to be back at the Swan next time!

Personally I’d pick Epcot since it will be a closer walk, and the lines are minimal if you’re exploring the countries. You can have a much looser plan there and get back whenever you’re ready.

Depends on if you have kids I guess. But we did that last time with our adult kids and had a wonderful lunch at the French pavillion (never planned that) and then a few at the pub in the UK pavillion - in between just exploring shops etc. With the small incremental cost of a seventh day on the hopper, it really was a great way to end our trip.

I've used Dreams Unlimited in the past - many years ago and in fact from the DIS I learned of the Swan/Dolphin discounts for teachers.

Fast forward to today - and I don't see S/D mentioned on the DIS main page/ads - and I just went in out of curiosity to get a quote for a possible trip next year, and in the resort selection they did not list Swan/Dolphin.

Are they now contractually obligated to exclude them as an option?

I would like to know what everyone's Oct. Food and Wine booking strategy for the Swan is.

the Gartner conference pretty much blocks out one week. So it would be before or after.

playing with dates I can get the first thurs -Sun in oct. for 70k airline miles. I am sure it's the standard room.

I would like to know what everyone's Oct. Food and Wine booking strategy for the Swan is. the Gartner conference pretty much blocks out one week. So it would be before or after. playing with dates I can get the first thurs -Sun in oct. for 70k airline miles. I am sure it's the standard room.
Correct, the Gartner IT Expo is Oct. 14-18 and conference attendees were required to make a minimum of a 4 night stay at the Swan / Dolphin. Disney's YC, BC and BWI only required a 3 night.

If you could move your visit to during the week and not on the weekend you will find less local guests competing for your space. The weekends can be extremely busy.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter