Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Not quite sure what you mean by the Swan / Dolphin not in the resort section.

Should have been more specific - was typing fast.

I went into the Dreams Unlimited page to request a quote for June 2019. Kept filling out everything and at one point it asked if I had a specific resort in mind. I clicked "yes" and the drop down listed all the Disney resorts - but it did not include Swan or Dolphin. That was surprising.

So I clicked "no" and finished up the request - and in the comment I asked why no S/D.

We used Dreams Unlimited once or twice many years ago - and we stayed at the Swan then. I guess they don't deal with them anymore?

I went into the Dreams Unlimited page to request a quote for June 2019. Kept filling out everything and at one point it asked if I had a specific resort in mind. I clicked "yes" and the drop down listed all the Disney resorts - but it did not include Swan or Dolphin. That was surprising.

So I clicked "no" and finished up the request - and in the comment I asked why no S/D.

We used Dreams Unlimited once or twice many years ago - and we stayed at the Swan then. I guess they don't deal with them anymore?
I am sure they do. They are an advertiser on this site.

I am sure they do. They are an advertiser on this site.

https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/resorts/SwanandDolphin/swananddolphinmainpage.htm

OK - so on the link robinb provided, they list the Swan/Dolphin phone number and say call that number and use the code "DREAMS". So in effect you need to deal with the reservation desk at the hotel, not Dreams.

Coupled with the fact that their "request a quote" interface does not include S/D. it seems their TAs don't handle S/D anymore - though S/D offers a discount when mentioning them.

I haven't been to the Swan & Dolphin since before it was renovated. Is there a preference Swan vs. Dolphin? I'm going to do a split stay and both are equal points.

I would chose the Swan for 2 Queen beds vs 2 Double beds at the Dolphin. Next up is the Swan is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin but still close enough to enjoy all the benefits at the Dolphin. King bed rooms are equal in my view.

Dave

I prefer the Swan. Smaller size makes it much easier to navigate. Generally less convention hustle bustle. Bathroom vanities much better than Dolphin. Queen beds versus double. Bus pickup is before the Dolphin.

The Dolphin has more dining choices, but always a really short walk from the Swan or boat dock. Pool area is equidistant from both, but if in eastern wing of the Dolphin, it can be a formidable walk to the pools.

Has anyone used a rollaway in addition to the sofa bed in a Swan alcove room? Where does it go? Any pictures? TIA

We always picked the Swan over the Dolphin for several of the reasons Dan lists.

Next week will be our first stay at the Dolphin. When I made our reservation (at the time, we expected 9 people total) I wanted 2 pairs of connecting rooms at the Swan on the same floor if possible.

The reservationist suggested Alcove Rooms or something like that at the Dolphin, which is a suite room and a connecting room. I was told that option was only available at the Dolphin. The cost for two of those was much less than for four rooms at the Swan. A week from today (essentially at this time) I'll see if we like that better overall.

I interested in an alcove/reg room combo at the Dolphin, so I'm curious to see if you like it. We're a party of 5, sometimes 6, and I prefer connecting rooms.

Did you get the alcove room on points or cash? (if you don't mind my asking)

Did you get the alcove room on points or cash? (if you don't mind my asking)

We are paying cash - I think the rate was something <$500 before resort fee and taxes. I know it was less than two queen rooms at Swan.

(I have a habit of forgetting how much things cost once I decide it's worth it and have the money to pay.)

I asked about points and was told they wouldn't accept Starwood points for that. We don't have actual Starwood points - we have a generic Amex and have converted those points to Starwood in the past - so I didn't press it. (Side note - Amex converts nicely to Marriott GCs; we've done that once to pay for several days at a great Marriott in Sonoma - maybe someday S/D will accept Marriott GCs?)

Last edited:

I receved an email from the TA assigned to me from Dreams Unlimited. She said
"Unfortunately, we are currently unable to book Swan/Dolphin rooms. For more information, you can visit <dreams webpage for S/D that was linked above - just saying to call>
and / or <swan/dolphin webpage>. If there are teacher discounts available, I know that those rooms must be booked over the phone, and cannot be booked online.

If you are interested in a Disney-owned resort, please let me know, and I will be happy to help you with that."

So essentially while Dreams Unlimited gives info on S/D, they no longer help with a reservation there.

It says it's not 'kid friendly' but is there a minimum age? Our high schooler will be with us that weekend and I'm wondering if he could attend. He's 6'4" and doesn't look like a 'kid'.

Hi DIS friends,

We are planning to stay at either Dolphin or Swan by using SPG points on coming April. We are party of 5 include two little kids ( 4 years old and 2 years old at that time). Checking at some other DISBoards posts mention some hotels do not consider child under 3 towards the occupant capacity. Do you know whether the child under 3 count towards the maximum capacity of four guests in Swan's standard room or not? Otherwise, we could only book the Dolphin for the 2 double beds.

Thanks for your helps.

I just found the Swan for our dates for $118/night on priceline....with taxes, fees and parking that brings it to $200. I know that's a good price but has anyone found it even cheaper?

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a handle on all the fees associated with Swan and Dolphin.

$31 a day resort fee
$23 a day to self park (which then means you don't have to pay again to park at the parks should we decide to drive to a park)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your assistance, all. Very much appreciated.

Steve

Yes the Swan has been as low as $79 depending on season. Several guests got this rate for this August & September. What are your dates?

Dave

Aug. 10-12th. I don't know if I should jump on this or wait. It's not a must go kind of trip....it's a if we get a good deal we will go kind of trip.

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a handle on all the fees associated with Swan and Dolphin.

$31 a day resort fee
$23 a day to self park (which then means you don't have to pay again to park at the parks should we decide to drive to a park)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your assistance, all. Very much appreciated.

Steve
The resort fee is actually $31.50 including tax and the Self Parking fee is $24.50 including tax. Correct as a guest of the Swan / Dolphin, you will receive free parking just by showing your Disney resort hotel room key (in this case your Swan / Dolphin room key).

Note: The room tax is 12.5% (6% FL Hotel tax + 6.5% FL Sales tax) added to your room rate.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!