Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Aug. 10-12th. I don't know if I should jump on this or wait. It's not a must go kind of trip....it's a if we get a good deal we will go kind of trip.
You should be able to get it down to $114 by only booking weekdays, weekends are almost always slightly higher.

Since you are under the 30 day window, I would suggest you take the $118 as it is doubtful at this point it will go lower. If you have been looking at your dates back in May you could have gotten the $79 rate but they were able to fill that category.

ETA: The Swan is now showing as $122 on Priceline Express for your dates.

Dave

ok thank you. Of course, I started looking in June, so I guess I missed that $79 deal. But I noticed that they dropped the price yesterday so I thought that I would ask, if this was a good time to jump on it. The $118 is with the 5% better bidding discount but I guess I couldn't do math yesterday, so actually it's $116

ok thank you. Of course, I started looking in June, so I guess I missed that $79 deal. But I noticed that they dropped the price yesterday so I thought that I would ask, if this was a good time to jump on it. The $118 is with the 5% better bidding discount but I guess I couldn't do math yesterday, so actually it's $116

No one can tell you if it's a good time to grab it... price may go up or down, or they may not have it available at all.. just because price was lower before, doesn't mean it will be that again for when you want to go.

Everyone wants the best deal... but it comes down to if your happy with the price that's offered since you will be locked in to it.

Question about Garden Grove. I know they offer a character breakfast on the weekends; however, the Disney dining web site only allows you to book reservations for dinner. Is there a way around this? Can I book a breakfast beforehand? Or are reservations not needed?

Question about Garden Grove. I know they offer a character breakfast on the weekends; however, the Disney dining web site only allows you to book reservations for dinner. Is there a way around this? Can I book a breakfast beforehand? Or are reservations not needed?

I don't think there is a way to reserve that -- tried opentable but it doesn't allow weekend brunch bookings.

Reservations are really not needed for the character breakfast on the weekend, though; I went on a busy weekend in November and they seated us immediately, around 9:30 or 10 am. Also, it was delicious, I hope you enjoy it too :)

May want to double check the MDE for Swan Dolphin reservation. I did a 2 night Hotwire deal for the Dolphin. Called the hotel for the number to link it to the MDE. Linked it a few months ago. Noticed today that reservation was gone from the MDE. Still had the reservation for the week directly booked via swan dolphin. So I had to call hotel and get the number again to link it back into MDE again.

And another question from me.... Does Swan/Dolphin count for free towels at the water parks ?
When we were at Blizzard Beach last month, they were very lax at the towel booth. They just asked if we were Disney resort guests (we were actually staying at All Star Movies) and didn’t ask for proof. I’d consider Swan/Dolphin as a Disney Resort Guest.

May want to double check the MDE for Swan Dolphin reservation. I did a 2 night Hotwire deal for the Dolphin. Called the hotel for the number to link it to the MDE. Linked it a few months ago. Noticed today that reservation was gone from the MDE. Still had the reservation for the week directly booked via swan dolphin. So I had to call hotel and get the number again to link it back into MDE again.

Yup, this type of thing is very common with S/D and MDE. Initially I had trouble linking my Costco pk but finally got it sorted out.

Reservations link is right on the S/D Garden Grove page, you can use Open Table or Call, clichttps://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/gardengrove/index.html

My DD, SIL, and a bunch of friends are going to Orlando for a football game over Labor Day weekend and they want to go to Epcot for a day. They are planning on staying at the Swan or Dolphin and they had some questions for me and I believe I found the answers but wanted to make sure from you experts! 1) is Priceline the best place to look to get a discounted room? 2) Do you have to pay for
your magicband at s/d? 3) Can you use your magicband at Epcot to charge Thank you for all replies!

Yup, this type of thing is very common with S/D and MDE. Initially I had trouble linking my Costco pk but finally got it sorted out.
same thing happened to me... noticed that it was gone, then looked back for the number to relink it. Weird.

My DD, SIL, and a bunch of friends are going to Orlando for a football game over Labor Day weekend and they want to go to Epcot for a day. They are planning on staying at the Swan or Dolphin and they had some questions for me and I believe I found the answers but wanted to make sure from you experts! 1) is Priceline the best place to look to get a discounted room? 2) Do you have to pay for
your magicband at s/d? 3) Can you use your magicband at Epcot to charge Thank you for all replies!
1- sometimes but not necessarily. Trying Hotwire, costcotravel, other sites, or just booking directly can have the best pricing. It just depends on when you’re going and what type, and it always varies so shop around.
2- yes, if you want magic bands, but you can just use your tickets if you don’t want to pay for one.
3- no you cannot charge. If staying swolphin, you can only use your magic bands for park entry and fast passes. You’ll need a room key for your room and a credit card/cash to pay for things.
Hope this helps!

Reservations link is right on the S/D Garden Grove page, you can use Open Table or Call, clichttps://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/gardengrove/index.html
Thank you, but this doesn’t allow for breakfast reservations either. (The option is there, but anytime you try to actually book it there’s none available.) I’m assuming it’s a walk in only, but from what everyone has said, it’s not a problem to get seated at breakfast with no reservation.

Hi All- we were set to stay at the Beach Club in a few weeks. But just got a fantastic deal at the Swan saving us $2000 for the 2 rooms. So we are switching. One of our favorite things to do in the summer is go for an evening dip in the pool. Does anyone know the pool hours. The last time we stayed st the Swan it seemed they closed fairly early. TIA

Hi DIS friends,

We are planning to stay at either Dolphin or Swan by using SPG points on coming April. We are party of 5 include two little kids ( 4 years old and 2 years old at that time). Checking at some other DISBoards posts mention some hotels do not consider child under 3 towards the occupant capacity. Do you know whether the child under 3 count towards the maximum capacity of four guests in Swan's standard room or not? Otherwise, we could only book the Dolphin for the 2 double beds.

Thanks for your helps.
if you're gonna book on points do it ASAP. the rates are changing with the merge on Aug 1 to a MUCH higher rate!

For those who want to do a points booking for a 2019 stay, you can book in advance as far out as a checkout date of 350 days, from reservation date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!