Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked 5 nights on points over labor day. I booked it about a month ago. Who can I email or call to get the Disney reservation number to input in MDE? I also am attempting to use our 5 suite nights over that time. Do you think I'll have any luck? I've got platinum status so an upgrade there is also a possibility.

Maybe some managers view it as a way to get people hooked on their hotel. “If they have a great stay, maybe they’ll book directly next time”.

I think I got lucky and had an awesome young guy at check-in. I got to the resort by 9:30 am, and told him that I would take any room that might be ready. He gave me a king room with a balcony. I think he was just a nice guy.
In case anyone thinks that he was trying to make brownie points with me...he was probably around 30 and I was 60 at the time, so don't think so. :laughing:

I booked 5 nights on points over labor day. I booked it about a month ago. Who can I email or call to get the Disney reservation number to input in MDE? I also am attempting to use our 5 suite nights over that time. Do you think I'll have any luck? I've got platinum status so an upgrade there is also a possibility.

Labor Day weekend is busy, but you may get lucky. Before and after that weekend, the parks have been very slow though.

My DH is lifetime titanium elite, and they gave us a suite without using the SNA last September (very slow week), and we were staying on the $79/night Hotwire deal!

I agree with the idea that those really bad views should be discounted rooms. But the Swolphin design is by far the only one with bad rooms. One of the worst we had was not only a bad view (bushes and walkway) but was right behind the elevator and outside exit. The elevator dinged every time it’s doors opened. All. Night. Long. That was at RPR at Universal. We also had a really bad view at a Hilton in Flagstaff with a view of the roof thru half a window.

I'm a bit confused. My understanding is that those rooms with "bad" views are indeed the "limited view" rooms. Rooms with a "resort view" or "fireworks view" or "theme park view" are priced higher than the "standard view" rooms. If you book on the Marriott website, it tells you which room category you are booking.

Now depending on actual room availability at check-in, guests may luck out and receive a better view than the room they booked. But if one simply picks the cheapest room rate they see on the website, it may actually be a "limited view" reservation.

I would call direct; 407.934.4000. I believe asking for In House Reservations gets you to a local person and not the Marriott call center.

I've read mixed things about getting the Suite nights, doesn't hurt to ask. Since you are going labor day I'd say its less likely as it's a busy weekend and the suites could be booked.

I'm a bit confused. My understanding is that those rooms with "bad" views are indeed the "limited view" rooms. Rooms with a "resort view" or "fireworks view" or "theme park view" are priced higher than the "standard view" rooms. If you book on the Marriott website, it tells you which room category you are booking.

Now depending on actual room availability at check-in, guests may luck out and receive a better view than the room they booked. But if one simply picks the cheapest room rate they see on the website, it may actually be a "limited view" reservation.
Our room was booked as “no View”. I certainly would not expect bad view rooms with an upgrade like fireworks or theme park view but when I have a standard room booked thru Marriott, it’s not cheap and I don’t expect a blocked window. Those booking thru discounted websites are likely getting a lower rate. That said, we are here now, booked “No View” and was upgraded to Resort View with a balcony.

When an existing reservation is modified, adding on additional nights, is it a good idea to ask that the confirmation number (which is unchanged from original reservation) be resent to Disney?
Otherwise, I fear that MDE only will recognize the shorter stay and not allow me to book all FP+ and ADRs for the entire stay. To complicate matters, this is a split stay.

Is there a sweet spot time to book for the best rate, how far out from check in? My mind has been on a DVC-like schedule used to booking 7-11 months out but that's too far out for traditional hotels.

Is the dining here like Disney dining, in that you have to make ADR’s so far in advance, or can you do “walk up” like at normal hotels lol? We are staying @ Swan in September. I was making our ADR’s for Disney restaurants and noticed the swan/dolphin eateries are on there too. For fun, on our “pool day” I tried breakfast at garden grove and there was nothing until 7pm ALL WEEK! Is it that in demand?! There aren’t even characters at breakfast during the week lol.

Also, do they have the Marriott, order breakfast the night before option and place it on your door?

Our room was booked as “no View”. I certainly would not expect bad view rooms with an upgrade like fireworks or theme park view but when I have a standard room booked thru Marriott, it’s not cheap and I don’t expect a blocked window. Those booking thru discounted websites are likely getting a lower rate. That said, we are here now, booked “No View” and was upgraded to Resort View with a balcony.
Congrats! Was this upgrade done automatically or did you have to pay for it?

Is the dining here like Disney dining, in that you have to make ADR’s so far in advance, or can you do “walk up” like at normal hotels lol? We are staying @ Swan in September. I was making our ADR’s for Disney restaurants and noticed the swan/dolphin eateries are on there too. For fun, on our “pool day” I tried breakfast at garden grove and there was nothing until 7pm ALL WEEK! Is it that in demand?! There aren’t even characters at breakfast during the week lol

I have always been able to be seated at the Swan and Dolphin restaurants without reservations. Once I wanted to eat at Il Mulino, which was bustling with conventioneers at the time. I had to wait 20 minutes or so - no big deal. Peeking my head in the restaurants at breakfast, I’ve noticed plenty of tables open. There are also good quick service options at Picabu and Fuel if for some reason you couldn’t get in at Garden Grove for breakfast. I think you’ll be fine without reservations.

Is the dining here like Disney dining, in that you have to make ADR’s so far in advance, or can you do “walk up” like at normal hotels lol? We are staying @ Swan in September. I was making our ADR’s for Disney restaurants and noticed the swan/dolphin eateries are on there too. For fun, on our “pool day” I tried breakfast at garden grove and there was nothing until 7pm ALL WEEK! Is it that in demand?! There aren’t even characters at breakfast during the week lol.

Also, do they have the Marriott, order breakfast the night before option and place it on your door?
Only a small percentage of reservations are given to Disney for them to book.

Walk-ups should usually be fine. You can also make a reservation directly (we used Open Table for bluezoo two years ago).

@TeamSy we thought about room service, but the 22% service charge, 6.5% sales tax and $5 in-room dining charge nixed that thought.

I think in your other post you booked on Sunday (3/24)? When is your trip? When we booked through Costco last year they said to wait about a week for everything between S/D & Disney to get synced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!