Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@thor369 they do allow them to deliver, but you will be charged. However if you use something like Amazon PrimeNow you can set your delivery time, within a window. They will text you when they are out for your delivery, then you just meet them in the lobby parking area. I took an empty suitcase down and put the items in it and then back to our hotel room.

That said, if you have transportation and can stop by grocery store that would be my personal choice. I assume you're going to the outlet mall with the Disney outlet. There is a Publix just across the street. You can toss the address into google and use the "nearby" feature to see all your options.

We are not renting a car and will be using Uber from the airport. The outlet mall I am referring to is in vineland and see that they have a publix half a mile away. but not sure how to have luggage and kids and take uber and go to the mall and the grocery store.

Since we arrive early, I am open to meeting the driver in the lobby parking area, but how closely do I need to coordinate that? how long have waited?

Am I wrong that I hear SWGE from the pool? Keep hearing airplanes flying but no airplanes.
I haven't been since SWGE opened - crowd avoidance tactic.
My first inclination is to ask if it's possibly TOT you're hearing?

Could be. . .periodically the engines of the starfighter rev up as if taking off. It is fairly loud and not out of the realm of possibility that the sound carries.

We are not renting a car and will be using Uber from the airport. The outlet mall I am referring to is in vineland and see that they have a publix half a mile away. but not sure how to have luggage and kids and take uber and go to the mall and the grocery store.

Since we arrive early, I am open to meeting the driver in the lobby parking area, but how closely do I need to coordinate that? how long have waited?
Yeah having all your luggage at the Outlet mall and Publix isn't ideal. Some that have use Uber get dropped off at grocery store, wait outside and then Uber to the hotel. That seems messy to me. You might think about a Town Car to pick up and go shopping, then to S/D and then Uber to/from the Outlet Mall.

With my Prime Now delivery I scheduled it for 8:30 AM and I got a text about 8:15, in my case the driver didn't communicate in English and ended up at the Dolphin instead of the Swan and took a supervisor to correct her. I still had all my groceries and up to my room about 8:40.

Yeah having all your luggage at the Outlet mall and Publix isn't ideal. Some that have use Uber get dropped off at grocery store, wait outside and then Uber to the hotel. That seems messy to me. You might think about a Town Car to pick up and go shopping, then to S/D and then Uber to/from the Outlet Mall.

With my Prime Now delivery I scheduled it for 8:30 AM and I got a text about 8:15, in my case the driver didn't communicate in English and ended up at the Dolphin instead of the Swan and took a supervisor to correct her. I still had all my groceries and up to my room about 8:40.

So because of the mixup, did the hotel charge you etc. when you say supervisor, hotel supervisor?

I went through the app and say I schedule it for the 1 hour delivery window between 4-5pm, I have pay $5 but thats fine, and I need to select "hand it to someone at my address" then, I just need to make sure I am close to the lobby parking to collect the stuff right when the driver arrives.

How do you know its a prime now delivery car? so when you got a text, does it mean they have started driving for delivery, I saw a notes section in the checkout process, do I ask them to call me? do they bring it in some bags to carry it back to the room? big crate of water would look embarrassing to carry right in a hotel.

@thor369 Sorry I should have been clearer, it was the Amazon Prim Now supervisor, no hotel people involved. The valets were helpful once they knew I was picking up items, and let the driver park real close. As I recall the info I got from Amazon about the driver was like with Uber/Lyft a description of the car and license plate # so I could identify them. I want to say that I was able to track the car as well like Uber/Lyft does.

Finally got to book a trip for dh and I and ds3 is tagging along as he has some days off from the hospital.
We are going Nov. 20-25 at the Swan. Cashed in dh ff miles so it was free. Just paying the resort fee.
Our reservation has 3 different numbers 2 start with a 1 and one starts with a 4, so I don't know what number to use to link to mde???
Also just wondering if they still let the outside vendors drop off and leave the wheelchair as we have always done it or you have to meet them personally.
Happy that we get a little bit of F&W and MVMCP too.
Our room is suppose to be resort view, no balcony.

@luvmarypoppins You might check this page on linking your S/D reservation with MDE. Good question about the wheelchair, I've not heard a thing about S/D following in Disney's footsteps. The provider of the wheelchair will probably know, but you can call S/D concierge at 407-934-4000. Have a great trip.

Tonight's Food & Wine Classic is moved indoors, due to inclement weather.

PLEASE NOTE - FOR FRIDAY 11/8/19 ONLY
Unfortunately, due to the impending inclement weather and our best efforts to keep the event outdoors, we have decided to move tonight's festivities indoors.
The main causeway event will be held in the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hemisphere Ballrooms, located on the 5th Floor. Check in and Will Call will also be located in this area.

No photo description available.

We're considering a stay at the swolphin for the 2020 Wine and Dine race weekend 11/5-8, and after. The Marriott website is only showing any availability through 10/23. When will availability for next November show up? Also, for late next October, the Swan is showing the senior rate is available, but the Dolphin says it isn't available. It seems surprising that only one hotel has it available this far out -- and that it is the Swan. Do you think that will change?

@rafiki Marriott allows booking 350 days out as I recall, so you've got another 16 days before you can book your whole trip, at least online. Once the first day opens up you might try calling to see if they will book it over the phone, I can't recall if they will or not.

As for senior rates it's hard to say, seems many of those rates are not as good as the AAA rate so be sure to check that.

As for senior rates it's hard to say, seems many of those rates are not as good as the AAA rate so be sure to check that.
For 10/20 - 10/24, the Swan is showing $356 for senior rate and $398 for AAA (cheapest refundable room, but not including resort fee). The Dolphin is showing neither is available, but it does show availability for both on every day in September. So I think it just hasn't loaded them yet, for dates after 9/30.

Thanks @SteveH.

@rafiki keep watching, I was hoping we might stay at S/D this upcoming February, initial rates were pretty much rack rates, some of the rates fluctuated but I never found any killer rate for our dates. Dolphin may not show any discounts if they have a conference scheduled. Happy the senior rates and hopefully teacher rates are actually better then the AAA rates for a change, I wouldn't wait to long. Do also check Costco to see how their package rates compare, they probably aren't out yet but worth checking throughout the year.

Hello Everyone. I have two questions I hope someone can please answer re the S/D:

Food (nut) Allergies at Picabu
Our son has severe peanut and tree nut allergies and we were wondering if anyone had any experience with Picabu accommodating those or any other allergies.

Charging our Son the Extra Adult Rate and MDE
We booked the Swan through the Marriott Bonvoy desktop site. At the time I listed my son as a child. However, when I check the confirmation and Bonvoy app, it is charging him the extra $25 per day which I noticed from previous posts should not be charged. We have already linked the reservation with our MDE account and when we did, only three people appeared which is our party (other hotels we have linked add a fourth person). My question is if I call the hotel directly, as mentioned in previous posts, and ask the Swan to remove my son as a third adult, will we lose one person on our linked MDE hotel reservation?

Any assistance in these two areas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :thanks:

Hey all - does anyone know what time Fuel at Dolphin will open before the Princess Half Marathon? DH and I are running, and DH is already NOT thrilled about the early wake-up time. I'm trying to ensure that I'll be able to get coffee and a light breakfast in him before we head to the buses to the race.

Food (nut) Allergies at Picabu

Charging our Son the Extra Adult Rate
and MDE
Good question about Picabu, I would assume so... but in the case of a severe allergy I would call. Pretty sure the correct number for dining questions is 407-934-1609.

I would call as you're already read, making the change shouldn't impact your MDE at all, but should free you up from the charge. S/D has assured guests they won't charge for kids, but you can call ahead if you want to make sure. They were supposed to have fixed this, but apparently it's not fixed. 🤐

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter