Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Marriott Posts 23% Drop in Net Income in 3rd Quarter - This isn't totally about S/D but is about Marriott and could have long term implications.

A lot of the discussion that I've read about this concerns the massive devaluation of points under Marriott/Bonvoy and how many long term loyalty members have bailed on Marriott. That aspect does impact S/D as I think a lot of us have seen the devaluation of points since the merger. It will be curious to see how Marriott responds, I don't expect a knee jerk reaction in the next quarter but I do hope they begin to reverse course. I do think on the more immediate front this might mean some cut backs though.

Hey all - does anyone know what time Fuel at Dolphin will open before the Princess Half Marathon? DH and I are running, and DH is already NOT thrilled about the early wake-up time. I'm trying to ensure that I'll be able to get coffee and a light breakfast in him before we head to the buses to the race.

I don't know about Fuel, but Picabu operates 24 hrs, at least for beverages and grab & go items.

Hey all - does anyone know what time Fuel at Dolphin will open before the Princess Half Marathon? DH and I are running, and DH is already NOT thrilled about the early wake-up time. I'm trying to ensure that I'll be able to get coffee and a light breakfast in him before we head to the buses to the race.
I don't know about Fuel, but Picabu operates 24 hrs, at least for beverages and grab & go items.

https://swandolphin.com/welcome/activities/restaurants.html

Totally recommend getting a towncar for the way there and making the grocery stop. So worth it. And reasonably priced. People asking about minnie vans, I’d totally forgo that and use towncar service. 1/2 the price, a car seat, and grocery stop.

Good question about Picabu, I would assume so... but in the case of a severe allergy I would call. Pretty sure the correct number for dining questions is 407-934-1609.

I would call as you're already read, making the change shouldn't impact your MDE at all, but should free you up from the charge. S/D has assured guests they won't charge for kids, but you can call ahead if you want to make sure. They were supposed to have fixed this, but apparently it's not fixed. 🤐
Thanks @SteveH

Question about then bedding at the Dolphin. Is the bedding similar to Disney hotels (sheet, fleece blanket, top sheet) or are there actual comforters?

Hello Everyone. I have two questions I hope someone can please answer re the S/D:

Food (nut) Allergies at Picabu
Our son has severe peanut and tree nut allergies and we were wondering if anyone had any experience with Picabu accommodating those or any other allergies.
Picabu does a good job with celiacs. I don't know about other allergies.

I noticed at the Dolphin there are regular rooms and deluxe and grande deluxe but can’t figure out what the difference is. Anyone know?

Question about then bedding at the Dolphin. Is the bedding similar to Disney hotels (sheet, fleece blanket, top sheet) or are there actual comforters?
Big, fat, fluffy, comforters.
You'll see.
"Heavenly Beds" are a major draw that the chain advertises to frequent travelers. My better half travels a lot for work, and knew about the hotel brand's beds when we were planning our first trip.

When comparing prices for that first trip, I assumed that Swolphin was a crappy motel since it was priced so competitively for the area it is in. I am so glad I researched more, and listened to my gut.

Big, fat, fluffy, comforters.
You'll see.
"Heavenly Beds" are a major draw that the chain advertises to frequent travelers. My better half travels a lot for work, and knew about the hotel brand's beds when we were planning our first trip.

When comparing prices for that first trip, I assumed that Swolphin was a crappy motel since it was priced so competitively for the area it is in. I am so glad I researched more, and listened to my gut.
Thank you! So I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m wondering how often these big comforters get washed 😬

Thank you! So I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m wondering how often these big comforters get washed 😬
I don;t know the answer, but taking it off the bed is one of the first things I do when I arrive. It is soooo big and cumbersome.

Picabu does a good job with celiacs. I don't know about other allergies.
Thanks. I would imagine that if they are good with one food allergy, they are would be good with another. I took @SteveH 's advice and spoke with SD directly. They claimed they could accommodate my son's nut allergies with the usual, just let them know in advance before ordering. I'll report back once we have traveled.

The good thing about white is it will show anything pretty obviously, so if its an issue call and have it replaced. I gave ours a once over and it looks very clean. Unlike those 1970s Polyester bedspreads that could hide anything and survive a nuclear melt down. 💣

We are home 😢. Such a great trip. While not an expert like many of you guys here, it was my/our 4th trip at Dolphin (one with hubby, one with my good friend, two with the whole family), using Marriott points. It was also the second time booking a connecting room “suite” and doing the CL FP program. So if anyone has questions about using points, upgrading or CL FP, feel free to ask!

Just a note, this time we were on the 7th floor in the West area right next to elevators. Def our fave location. While we could hear the elevators, it was such a quick trip downstairs to grab food to go from Fresh using our vouchers and a breeze to get the family downstairs and out of the building for the pool and the walk/boats to the parks. Will always request the same location! Direct view of tower of terror which made all of us very happy.

Thanks to everyone else for your advice, reviews and trip reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter