Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are home 😢. Such a great trip. While not an expert like many of you guys here, it was my/our 4th trip at Dolphin (one with hubby, one with my good friend, two with the whole family), using Marriott points. It was also the second time booking a connecting room “suite” and doing the CL FP program. So if anyone has questions about using points, upgrading or CL FP, feel free to ask!

Just a note, this time we were on the 7th floor in the West area right next to elevators. Def our fave location. While we could hear the elevators, it was such a quick trip downstairs to grab food to go from Fresh using our vouchers and a breeze to get the family downstairs and out of the building for the pool and the walk/boats to the parks. Will always request the same location! Direct view of tower of terror which made all of us very happy.

Thanks to everyone else for your advice, reviews and trip reports!
Welcome home, JJ!! Sounds like a great trip. And yes, you are for sure an expert.

We are home 😢. Such a great trip. While not an expert like many of you guys here, it was my/our 4th trip at Dolphin (one with hubby, one with my good friend, two with the whole family), using Marriott points. It was also the second time booking a connecting room “suite” and doing the CL FP program. So if anyone has questions about using points, upgrading or CL FP, feel free to ask!

Just a note, this time we were on the 7th floor in the West area right next to elevators. Def our fave location. While we could hear the elevators, it was such a quick trip downstairs to grab food to go from Fresh using our vouchers and a breeze to get the family downstairs and out of the building for the pool and the walk/boats to the parks. Will always request the same location! Direct view of tower of terror which made all of us very happy.

Thanks to everyone else for your advice, reviews and trip reports!

We're going to be at the Dolphin in less than two weeks and ourselves, first time staying there. We also have a suite reserved, and your love for that room has my interest. So 7th floor, did you have a balcony as well? Do you know if there there is a way to request that area or would it require knowing a room number?

We're going to be at the Dolphin in less than two weeks and ourselves, first time staying there. We also have a suite reserved, and your love for that room has my interest. So 7th floor, did you have a balcony as well? Do you know if there there is a way to request that area or would it require knowing a room number?
Lucky you!!! I emailed a week prior with our request. At that time, I just requested our rooms from last year. We were in the East last year and I didn’t know any different. Our kids just get a kick when we get the same rooms. Anyway, when they told us we were on the 7the floor, I was bummed but once morning came (we checked in at 11 Pm) and I did my first breakfast run at fresh I was sooo happy. Anyway, we were in room 7139 (the king alcove suite) and it connected to 7133 (the standard double room). So the double room was the kids room and that one had the balcony. We still used it enough. Here’s the email we used: GuestRelations1@swandolphin.com

Fresh - is that a grab and go kinda thing in Swan. We are going there next week, should I email for a room request, first time in this hotel, what room and floor do I request, should I say closest to elevator?

Fresh - is that a grab and go kinda thing in Swan. We are going there next week, should I email for a room request, first time in this hotel, what room and floor do I request, should I say closest to elevator?
Information on Fresh. It is really a casual, full service restaurant at the Dolphin.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/fresh/index.html
https://allears.net/dining/menu/fresh-mediterranean-market/breakfast/
https://allears.net/dining/menu/fresh-mediterranean-market/lunch/

The grab and go in the Swan would be the very recently redone and relocated Java.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html

https://allears.net/dining/menu/java-bar/all-day/

As for room request, yes, I would request what you want.

https://swandolphinconcierge.com/

Is there a way to find out where the king premium studio suites are generally located? I don't have a huge preference other than to be centrally located so pool and boat launch aren't extreme walks.

We're planning a last minute trip and thinking of staying at the Dolphin. We have 5 in our room. Does anyone know that if I book through Orbitz, will I avoid the extra person per night charge? I know I still have to pay the resort fee.

Thanks!

@Harryo, you got the specific answer from @dansdad already, but I thought I'd share a bit more.
As a guest at the Swan & Dolphin there are a few Disney perks that you don’t get, including Magical Express, free Magic Bands or the ability to use your Magic Bands to charge items to your room. You can purchase your own Magic Bands for access and FastPass if you wish.

You do get to make 180 day Advance Dining Reservations and FastPass+ as well as Extra Magic Hours, and of course the Disney transportation within WDW. Purchases you make at Disney can be sent back to the Swan or Dolphin. You also get parking privileges at the theme parks by showing your S/D room key.

We are staying at the Swan next month and I want to do a room request - Is there anything like touring plan's room request tool to see room options?

@e_yerger not that I am aware of. What type of room did you book? A Traditional/NoView, Resort View, Resort View Balcony? Generally you will get what you pay for, you can ask upon checking in to see if there are any upgrades, though more recently they will offer a cash option to upgrade. If you don't have it already here is the page to send in room requests, Special Room Request. In our case I just asked to be as a far from an elevator as possible, we had a great corner room on the 4th floor looking over the water behind Boardwalk. And it was at the end of the hall, but not a very far walk to the elevators.

@e_yerger not that I am aware of. What type of room did you book? A Traditional/NoView, Resort View, Resort View Balcony? Generally you will get what you pay for, you can ask upon checking in to see if there are any upgrades, though more recently they will offer a cash option to upgrade. If you don't have it already here is the page to send in room requests, Special Room Request. In our case I just asked to be as a far from an elevator as possible, we had a great corner room on the 4th floor looking over the water behind Boardwalk. And it was at the end of the hall, but not a very far walk to the elevators.
We booked a resort view but were hoping we could see what actual rooms in the hotel fall within that category so we can request the specific one we want

Another question - can you book bounceback offers while staying at the swan? We have another trip planned to come back in May and we want to stay on property for that trip. Can we book a bounceback offer like we would if staying at a disney managed hotel?

@e_yerger if you want a room recommendation for the Swan, we had a corner room meaning we had 2 sets of windows, we were in room 444. I had requested a room away from the elevators and our reservation was a view room, while not amazing we really liked it as we could get a lot of natural light and I enjoyed seeing out but not really having anyone looking in our room.

Attachments

• IMG_6550.jpeg
    IMG_6550.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 57
@Dan. I followed the concierge room request link you had provided but haven’t gotten any response back. Should I call and make a request?

@Dan. I followed the concierge room request link you had provided but haven’t gotten any response back. Should I call and make a request?
I would say that if you sent your request more than 7-10 days ago, maybe resend and just preface your resend saying that you had sent a request 'whenever' and maybe the request was 'lost' somehow (not using my ' ' :) ). Always be polite. My experience, as well as others here, is that their response to the concierge room request is most often very good and quick, a few days at most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter