Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm confident that whatever that big top layer thing in most hotels/motels is called, it is not changed after every guest. When I go into a room, that's the first thing I do, pull it off and let it fall at the foot of the bed on the floor. I've never seen those things in the hallways with housekeeping or on the linen carts staggered in the hallways.
Email them, my guess is that they will be.
I'm sure they will be now.

I'm confident that whatever that big top layer thing in most hotels/motels is called, it is not changed after every guest. When I go into a room, that's the first thing I do, pull it off and let it fall at the foot of the bed on the floor. I've never seen those things in the hallways with housekeeping or on the linen carts staggered in the hallways.

You are probably referring to the duvet.

I always remove the bolsters that are on the bed. I never did understand their purpose.
Many hotels encase the blankets (which you know are rarely changed) in between two flat sheets.

Are the bolsters those cylinder-like pillows? Yes, those go on the floor also, next to the chair.

I wish they would just put a blanket, top sheet and a couple pillows, all changed after each guest stay.

Are the bolsters those cylinder-like pillows? Yes, those go on the floor also, next to the chair.

I wish they would just put a blanket, top sheet and a couple pillows, all changed after each guest stay.
The Disney-owned hotels are the best models for this in my opinion. And they’re also your best chance of having clean bedding when you arrive. Sheet-thin blanket-sheet. This way they’re all easy to launder.
The thick comforters only ever get changed if there’s visible soiling on them. Barf.

The Disney-owned hotels are the best models for this in my opinion. And they’re also your best chance of having clean bedding when you arrive. Sheet-thin blanket-sheet. This way they’re all easy to launder.
The thick comforters only ever get changed if there’s visible soiling on them. Barf.
I really dislike when they place the dirty bolsters right up against the clean pillows and sheets. Thankfully, I believe that the Disney resorts eliminated the decorative bed runners, which the Swan/Dolphin do not have.

Beach Club Resort

I really dislike when they place the dirty bolsters right up against the clean pillows and sheets. Thankfully, I believe that the Disney resorts eliminated the decorative bed runners, which the Swan/Dolphin do not have.

Beach Club Resort
View attachment 494847
They have! Some people complain that the new looks are too plain. But I’m just glad bc they’re most likely clean linens :)

Yes, a ridiculous item. No need for it.
Oh, so you are the one who places them on the dirty floor, for the housekeeper to just place back on the bed!
Yes, I am. ::yes:: :)
Sheet-thin blanket-sheet.
That is excellent, just like home. Well, even that is one more sheet than home.
:eek:

Beach Club Resort
View attachment 494847
Thankfully no runners at S/D.

Me too! But I’m very much a minimalist when it comes to aesthetics so I often differ from others in opinions on decor. Glad someone else agrees with me!
I think that is me also.
I just think the recent renovations at both the Swalphin and Beach Club are really well done. Especially the lobby at the Dolphin. That sad excuse for a bar being replaced with Phins was a huge win. And I REALLY like what they offer at Fuel. Especially at Breakfast.

I just think the recent renovations at both the Swalphin and Beach Club are really well done. Especially the lobby at the Dolphin. That sad excuse for a bar being replaced with Phins was a huge win. And I REALLY like what they offer at Fuel. Especially at Breakfast.

And how about having a little coffee bar/grab and go spot at the Swan now? So nice!

I want to say that there was one think housekeeping did at the Swan that irritated me last trip. I am allergic to down, which we always notify them of. Still, they had failed to remove the down pillows from the room, so they brought some poly fill ones up for me. Every time they redid the room they would move the pillows from bed to bed. We would have to check the tags at night so I would get the poly ones back.

We can be assured that all bedding will be changed after the departure of each guest. The bedding supplies have been tripled to get ready for all the laundering.
The thing that gets me is that nowhere does it state that they’ll change all linens between guests. I think that should be standard at any time but especially now.
I’ve never stayed in a hotel or timeshare where all the linens aren’t changed out between guests.
I don’t want to be the one to tell you, but it’s actually at the discretion of the housekeepers if you’ve stayed at the Swolphin (and most hotels). Gross, I know.

I always remove the bolsters that are on the bed. I never did understand their purpose.
Many hotels encase the blankets (which you know are rarely changed) in between two flat sheets.
View attachment 494841

Yes, those are the ones! Oh, so you are the one who places them on the dirty floor, for the housekeeper to just place back on the bed! :)

Beach Club Resort
View attachment 494847
They have! Some people complain that the new looks are too plain. But I’m just glad bc they’re most likely clean linens :)
I actually like the new look.
Yes, a ridiculous item. No need for it.
Yes, I am. ::yes:: :)
That is excellent, just like home. Well, even that is one more sheet than home.
:eek:
Thankfully no runners at S/D.
Me too! But I’m very much a minimalist when it comes to aesthetics so I often differ from others in opinions on decor. Glad someone else agrees with me!
I think that is me also.

What kind of luck is everyone having recently on getting your money back for cancelled reservations?

I had three Swan/Dolphin reservations that I cancelled. One Dolphin and one Swan were cancelled at the end of March and one Dolphin was cancelled at the end of April. I got a refund for the Dolphin reservation I cancelled at the end of April in about a week. It took about three weeks to get a refund on the Dolphin reservation I cancelled at the end of March. But it has now been about 50+ days since I cancelled my Swan reservation. The email cancellation I got said it could take up to 20 days. We are way past that now.
I've called 3-4 times and have emailed once, but no one can give me any info about my refund. I know they are operating on a skeleton staff, but it is frustrating that I got my money back for the Dolphin reservations and can't seem to get an answer from anyone about when I'll get a refund for the Swan reservation.

Do the Swan/Dolphin provide information on the next bus arrival time like the Disney resorts do? Do the buses run as frequently as those at the Disney resorts?

Do the Swan/Dolphin provide information on the next bus arrival time like the Disney resorts do? Do the buses run as frequently as those at the Disney resorts?
There's a board like at the Disney resorts at the bus stop. The buses are the same buses as Disney, running just as often. The S/D bus is either combined with the Boardwalk, or sometimes also with the Yacht and Beach stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter