Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

What kind of luck is everyone having recently on getting your money back for cancelled reservations?

I had three Swan/Dolphin reservations that I cancelled. One Dolphin and one Swan were cancelled at the end of March and one Dolphin was cancelled at the end of April. I got a refund for the Dolphin reservation I cancelled at the end of April in about a week. It took about three weeks to get a refund on the Dolphin reservation I cancelled at the end of March. But it has now been about 50+ days since I cancelled my Swan reservation. The email cancellation I got said it could take up to 20 days. We are way past that now.
I've called 3-4 times and have emailed once, but no one can give me any info about my refund. I know they are operating on a skeleton staff, but it is frustrating that I got my money back for the Dolphin reservations and can't seem to get an answer from anyone about when I'll get a refund for the Swan reservation.
I have had mixed experiences like yourself. 50 days seems excessive.

What kind of luck is everyone having recently on getting your money back for cancelled reservations?

I had three Swan/Dolphin reservations that I cancelled. One Dolphin and one Swan were cancelled at the end of March and one Dolphin was cancelled at the end of April. I got a refund for the Dolphin reservation I cancelled at the end of April in about a week. It took about three weeks to get a refund on the Dolphin reservation I cancelled at the end of March. But it has now been about 50+ days since I cancelled my Swan reservation. The email cancellation I got said it could take up to 20 days. We are way past that now.
I've called 3-4 times and have emailed once, but no one can give me any info about my refund. I know they are operating on a skeleton staff, but it is frustrating that I got my money back for the Dolphin reservations and can't seem to get an answer from anyone about when I'll get a refund for the Swan reservation.
A refund for my Swan reservation, cancelled around the same time as yours, took about 6 weeks to be processed. I understand that the accounting department at each resort processes their own particular refunds.

I cancelled a May reservation in early April and have not yet received my refund. When I called, I was told it would take approximately 30 days, but it’s been 45 days and still nothing.

I’m having the same problem with Macy’s, Lord & Taylor and other retailers, so I’m kinda resigned to waiting. Not happy about it, but what can you do...

As of today, it looks like the Dolphin is now trying to open 6/15 but the Swan not until 7/1.

It may sound morbid, but I find it fascinating to watch how different places are trying to reopen and what procedures they are putting into place.

I made a reservation last week for June 14-17 (to cover my cancellation of BWI that would get hit with a checkin of the 13th for a previous split stay :( ) incase Disney opens the 15th.
I now see they have reservations open starting the 15th. Will the Dolphin contact me if they are not open the 14th? I still see it on Marriott's site. 🤷‍♀️

I’m looking at booking at the swan for the first week in May for next year. But it’s showing me no availability at either the Swan or Dolphin from May 3-5. Is there somewhere I can look to see what may be going on those days?

I’m looking at booking at the swan for the first week in May for next year. But it’s showing me no availability at either the Swan or Dolphin from May 3-5. Is there somewhere I can look to see what may be going on those days?

You might just be checking a little bit early. Sometimes hotels don’t release their rooms until 11 months out

Overall view of the Epcot resorts area, The Cove on the far left. from @bioreconstruct https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

TheCove_zpsrymrftsc.jpg

Wow, I'm always amazed at how fast they throw those things up. lol

It's a bit less convenient to the boardwalk and parks so I'm not sure I'll try it, but I'm hoping it opens up some rooms at the S/D during crunch times.

This sounds sooo snooty, but I would try it if they have a concierge level since we have status through 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!