Want to leave park for lunch but forgot about possibility of park closure due to capacity??

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Was planning to book Trail's End for Dec 28th lunch, but just remembered about closures due to capacity. Anyone know the likelihood of closure of MK on this date? If you were already in the park, then leave to eat, are you guaranteed re-entry? We would be majorly bummed if we got sent to another park because of capacity at MK. TIA.

Was planning to book Trail's End for Dec 28th lunch, but just remembered about closures due to capacity. Anyone know the likelihood of closure of MK on this date? If you were already in the park, then leave to eat, are you guaranteed re-entry? We would be majorly bummed if we got sent to another park because of capacity at MK. TIA.

While rare, it's something you risk at that time of year.

No one is guaranteed re-entry once you leave the park. I would take the safe route and make plans to stay in MK the entire day given the time you're going. Better safe than sorry.

Your other option is to just skip the fireworks/night stuff and leave the park for the day around dinner time and do Trail's End then.

Are you on site or AP holders? If you are you have very little to worry about. On site and AP guests are only denied entry if the park is at the last stage of closure and no one else is allowed in. That is rare and has only happened a handful of times since Disney world has been open.

So I wouldn't worry at all.

Now if you're traveling and using just a daily ticket, then you should avoid leaving the park

Thanks everyone. We are staying on-site. I also read somewhere that they haven't had full closure in years, but I've also read on other sites that MK can close as early as 10 am on Xmas day (which is not the day I'm concerned about) so I don't really know what to believe. Fireworks are a must, so we would need to get back in.

There are not special fireworks on December 28, so I would not worry about a closure. However, do what you are comfortable with!

There are not special fireworks on December 28, so I would not worry about a closure. However, do what you are comfortable with!

Will it be back to HEA by then? I assumed it would still be holiday fireworks. Would love to be able to see HEA.

Thanks everyone. We are staying on-site. I also read somewhere that they haven't had full closure in years, but I've also read on other sites that MK can close as early as 10 am on Xmas day (which is not the day I'm concerned about) so I don't really know what to believe. Fireworks are a must, so we would need to get back in.

The only time in the last 10 years a park has reached full closure was MK on April 7th, 2009.

When people say it can close by 10am, their likely confused and mean a phase 1 or 2 closure. But a lot of people don't realize there's 4 phases. You're on site so you'll 99% be fine

The ones you don't need to believe are anyone who has said that MK has closed on at 10AM on Xmas day without including the part that it was for guests walking up to buy 1 day tickets at the gate. Because that is the only guests that MK has closed to in a decade. Or nearly a decade. You will be fine.

We love a trip over to FW and eating at TE as a great way to escape the parks a bit. I think on a super crowded day that might be a real welcome relief but it might also take a lot longer to travel back and forth. We always take the boat and including eating and travel it takes 2-3 hours so just be aware of the time when planning FP etc.

Thanks everyone. Always tons of useful info from all the members here.

The rest of the family wanted to just stay in the park once we get there, so we'll leave this for our next Disney trip. I thought it would be a nice change, since this will probably be a "lazy" MK day as it will be the 3rd MK day of the trip. Majority rules, so I ended up booking Plaza for lunch and Skipper Canteen for dinner instead.

:thanks:

Just to let you know December 28th of last year was not bad as far as crowds and the park did not close to capacity. I hope it's the same for you this year.

The only time in the last 10 years a park has reached full closure was MK on April 7th, 2009.

When people say it can close by 10am, their likely confused and mean a phase 1 or 2 closure. But a lot of people don't realize there's 4 phases. You're on site so you'll 99% be fine

This is so crazy, because we were at Disney that Spring Break week for our honeymoon and I do not remember it being that busy. I really don't pay attention to it I guess. lol

Ot but is rainforest cafe considered part of ak I believe there is one in ds but that is not the one I am talking about I am talking about the one that has two entrances one inside and one out side the park

Just stay in the park. The food at Trail's End is not worth the risk.

Ot but is rainforest cafe considered part of ak I believe there is one in ds but that is not the one I am talking about I am talking about the one that has two entrances one inside and one out side the park

It would be outside the park. After you go through the rainforest cafe there is another side entrance that you can enter through there to go into the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!