Wanting to go on first cruise ever, have 3 kiddos, help!

DisneyMom234

Mouseketeer
Just delving into the cruising world, Wondering what itineraries and ship are best for younger kiddos? We have 2 boys ages 6 and 7 (8 in sept) as well as a baby who will be one the end of June.

We will have to fly out of utah, I've heard Ensenada was a really dumpy port, so leaning towards a carries cruise instead?
Any tips for first time cruisers with younger kiddos like us? Favorite places to go? Are the port activities through the ships worth the extra costs ETC?

Really any info/help is appreciated since we have never been and no one we know really has cruised other than a few single famiyou members.

At 6 and 7, they're still young enough that the cruise ship itself is incredibly exciting. I'd recommend at least one destinations with beaches to take it easy. After our first cruise both kids agreed labadee was their favorite stop.

When my DD was that age, we had a blast swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel and Stingray City on Grand Cayman. Being that this is your first cruise and you are with your children, I would stick with ship sponsored tours. They will make sure you are back to the ship on time. LONG time ago, they would tell you that if you are late to the ship, make sure your camera has plenty of film because the view of the ship leaving is beautiful. As far as ships, most have good kids programs but I will defer to those parents who have use them recently. Back in the 1990s, my DD (who is a Disney fanatic) actually preferred Carnivals kids program to that of Disney Cruises. DD LOVED sleeping in the upper berths that pulled down from the walls of the cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter