NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I hope Disney caters breakfast to these poor souls handling the phones on these days. Food and Patience delivery I would imagine would be a MUST!

Not sure if your use of "thing" was supposed to be a dig at my question. Regardless, I definitely understand where that is a possible reason. Disney has to keep the image of things being magical and showing people the reality of the world while they are on vacation likely does tend to shatter the image they are trying to present. That being said, I know the Wonder and the Fantasy have both picked up Cuban refugees so if that really was the source of blowback I would think they are taking that risk every time they do a Caribbean cruise.

No. Not a dig at your question at all.

On other forums for other lines I have seen people saying they didn’t want to deal with “that thing” or “see those people”.

I am not sure the blowback is as great against Cubans - not sure why other than they are not Middle Eastern...(trying not to get too political here) Not that it should matter, but it does to some people.

No. Not a dig at your question at all.

On other forums for other lines I have seen people saying they didn’t want to deal with “that thing” or “see those people”.

I am not sure the blowback is as great against Cubans - not sure why other than they are not Middle Eastern...(trying not to get too political here) Not that it should matter, but it does to some people.
Okay, I wasn't sure. I was hoping it wasn't. :)

That's true, I have experienced that as well while travelling on other lines.

I would assume it might also be, at least in the case of Disney's primary audience of U.S. and Canadians that the amount they pay is far more to do Mediterranean than Caribbean and therefore feel more entitled. Regardless, it's sad that there is such blowback, especially if it prevents others from experiencing the world with DCL.

I'm trying to decide if I should sit at my desk with my phone on speaker tomorrow... I work in a lab mostly alone, so not like I'm in a cube next to lots of people...

Can someone post a link to last years WINTER 2018 opening day, please. I can’t find it. I am trying to find out how much the nov 30 2018 sailing from SJ to MIA on the magic started out as. Thanks!

Booked EBTA from Miami to Barcelona today during Gold Day. Was only on hold for 15 minutes at noon. Agent said that tomorrow (Silver Day) and Thursday (General Day) would be INSANE.

Unless you want the Walt or the Roy, most rooms are still open on that one.

ugh gotten through twice and the call was dropped both times. its going to be a long old afternoon! time to put the kettle on:hourglass:surfweb:

G booking from yesterday
7/21 Magic Iceland/Norway 10A 2A1K (10) $10,363.62 [$4,059.00] [$4,059.00] [$1,758.24] and Taxes/Fees: 487.38. No: Transfers/Insurance Yes: OBB
I switched this from a 9A and cut the cost by about $2000

I wish they could come up with a way this could be done online I'm sure they could come up with a way to only allow certain levels of CC each day since they have databases with that info

I wish they could come up with a way this could be done online I'm sure they could come up with a way to only allow certain levels of CC each day since they have databases with that info

You know, you're absolutely right! I logged in yesterday thinking, "hey, now that I'm Gold CC, I can book online a day early!" FAIL. I almost booked the 2018 EBTA instead of the 2019. DW caught it and I had to get in the queue on the phone. Sigh.

Silver here but haven't tried calling yet (I'm on the West Coast), gotta get the kiddies off to school first. Looks like it's going to be a long morning.....and afternoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!