Water on DCL

Canesfan3234

Mouseketeer
Here is a complicated question that I hope someone can help with.

I know that unlike most other cruiselines, disney does not charge for Soda or offer a pay up front drink package. Here is where this gets complicated for me.

I am a transplant recipient so the de-salinated water served on cruise ships is not ok for me to drink. So here is my question. Is bottled water complimentary on disney cruise lines either around the boat and/or at the restaurants or is the only option the expensive room service packages?

Thanks for your help

I know that unlike most other cruiselines, disney does not charge for Soda or offer a pay up front drink package. Here is where this gets complicated for me.

I am a transplant recipient so the de-salinated water served on cruise ships is not ok for me to drink. So here is my question. Is bottled water complimentary on disney cruise lines either around the boat and/or at the restaurants or is the only option the expensive room service packages?

Thanks for your help

Bottled water isn't complimentary. But they do sell them on the ship. You can choose to buy the package or just order one. I don't like the water either (not medical reason) so I just order bottled water or mineral water.

Another option is to maybe bring a case onboard. I'm not sure if this is still permitted as I've never done it, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't seen any complimentary bottled water on the ship, just the ones that you buy. You can bring bottled water onto the ship with you. It must be brought with you as a carry on, not packed with your checked luggage. There is a small refrigerator in your cabin so that you can keep it cool.

Bottled water isn't complimentary. But they do sell them on the ship. You can choose to buy the package or just order one. I don't like the water either (not medical reason) so I just order bottled water or mineral water.

Another option is to maybe bring a case onboard. I'm not sure if this is still permitted as I've never done it, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I assume the package you are referring to is the case for 39.99 or whatever. There isn't an "unlimited" water package?

Thanks for your help

They are not complimentary and the bottled water is expensive: 9,75$ for a 6 pack, 39$ for a 24 pack and they do not offer a drinking package including that water... However, unless the rules have changed since, I think you can bring your own, just not sure how many bottles you can bring.

I would call the cruise line in order to check with them what you can do and what they can do for you.

Thanks for your help
I would actually contact Disney with your question. As it is a medical issue, maybe they'll be willing to get you gallons of bottled water or at least charge you less? I've read that they have provided distilled water for CPAP machines at no cost.

From Disney's website 'request special services'
Request Special Services:
If you or a member of your travel party has a disability or special medical needs, please complete and submit the Special Services Information Form at least 60 days prior to the start of your vacation.

This optional form allows you to:

• Arrange for wheelchair access and/or ground transportation lift
  • Specify if a wheelchair-accessible stateroom is required
  • Reserve a communication kit for Guests with hearing disabilities
  • Request a sharps box for the disposal of needles, syringes and lancets
  • Indicate if you will be traveling with a service animal
  • Provide notification of medical equipment arrangements
  • Indicate if you will be traveling with oxygen
While we can't guarantee all requests will be honored, we’ll do our very best to accommodate your travel party.

For questions or more information, contact Disney Cruise Line Special Services at:

Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455
Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

I would actually contact Disney with your question. As it is a medical issue, maybe they'll be willing to get you gallons of bottled water or at least charge you less? I've read that they have provided distilled water for CPAP machines at no cost.

From Disney's website 'request special services'
Request Special Services:
If you or a member of your travel party has a disability or special medical needs, please complete and submit the Special Services Information Form at least 60 days prior to the start of your vacation.

This optional form allows you to:

• Arrange for wheelchair access and/or ground transportation lift
  • Specify if a wheelchair-accessible stateroom is required
  • Reserve a communication kit for Guests with hearing disabilities
  • Request a sharps box for the disposal of needles, syringes and lancets
  • Indicate if you will be traveling with a service animal
  • Provide notification of medical equipment arrangements
  • Indicate if you will be traveling with oxygen
While we can't guarantee all requests will be honored, we’ll do our very best to accommodate your travel party.

For questions or more information, contact Disney Cruise Line Special Services at:

Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455
Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com
thank you. Looks like I will be carrying on a suitcase full of bottled water. Oh well. Nature of the beast. I'll call and see what accommodations they can do for me. Thank you.

I would definitely contact Special Services as pp recommended. You are also allowed to bring as many bottles of water as you can carry on. I would check with Special Services but this leads me to believe that you would be allowed to carry a cooler on since it is a medical/dietary? restriction.

• Prohibited items
  • Coolers no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" [30.5cm x 30.5cm x 30.5cm], as carry-on luggage only for storing medications, baby food or items related to dietary restrictions only.

I assume the package you are referring to is the case for 39.99 or whatever. There isn't an "unlimited" water package?
No. You have to buy set amounts You can always buy more as needed during the cruise, though.

You can carry on as much of your own water as will fit into a carry-on shoulder bag.

Not sure what type of room you have but, If you booked a concierge room they give you bottled water.
chris

Not sure what type of room you have but, If you booked a concierge room they give you bottled water.
chris

...and it’s available 24/7 in the concierge lounge - if you book that level room.

On our last cruise to the Caribbean, a family used the old collapsible 2 wheel luggage roller (before luggage came with wheels) with at least 2 cases of water in bottles (maybe 3). It went through just fine. You should verify with MS if it is still OK to roll on the water.

Spoke with someone at Disney. Unfortunately they do not accommodate for post-transplant patients who are supposed to stay away from the de-salinated water. Guess I will be filling a suitcase with 100+ bottles of water

Spoke with someone at Disney. Unfortunately they do not accommodate for post-transplant patients who are supposed to stay away from the de-salinated water. Guess I will be filling a suitcase with 100+ bottles of water
So sorry to hear that! I'm glad you asked though!

I am so surprised to hear that Disney won't provide you bottled water when they do provide free distilled water for medical conditions. You spoke with the medical people at the cruise line? That policy should change for someone in your situation. At least get in wholesale from them, they buy so much.

Just curious... do you have a sodium limit? I need to limit my sodium intake and am also wondering about the water and the ice cubes in iced tea. Soft drinks are not an issue as I don't drink them. We also have a carry on with wheels to bring water onto the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter