Water Parks 15yr old type 1?

chrissy92972

Mouseketeer
My son is 15 and a type 1 diabetic. He has the t slim pump and dexcom with the app on his phone and mine as the follower.

In the past we had a pool membership and he would disconnect for 3 or 4 hours. No basal, but would bolus for food depending on blood sugars. He would check every hour.

Any suggestions for a few hours at TL or B B? I was thinking of locking pump and supplies in locker, but worried that will be a hassle.

This is one Reason why I do not do water park much.

But I have done a local one and I would put my pump in a ziplock bag and then in a water proof phone case ( the one where you zip lock it roll it down once and do this 2 more times. I would do this right before I get on the ride but I had my pump in the bag going up and would disconnect and zip every thing up right before ( or a few people before) I got on the ride. This worked for me but I have not tried it st Disney I

Oh yes I know what a hassle this can be! Last time we did TL, one of us stayed at the chairs (we rented the umbrella so we had a guaranteed place to sit with a bit of shade). We took turns watching over our stuff including his pump. Of course that's not always an option but it was the easiest - especially if you have someone with you who doesn't want to get in the water much.

Does TL have these storage "pouches" or boxes that you can rent and fasten to your chair? Seems like I saw something about them starting to carry them in their park (it was a Shark Tank product I think) - but I could be wrong. I don't know how secure they are if they actually do rent them. I also agree with using a frio if you put the pump in a locker - or find some way to keep it cool. ** I found the item: https://theaquavault.com Looks like you can buy it - and it is used at Castaway Cay. I really think I saw these for rent in the TL shop when we were there a couple of years ago but I could be wrong.

You could just go back on MDI for the day stop the pump the night before taking your long-acting insulin ( my endo give out samples to pumper so they can do this if they need too so check with the endo) and then just take your short-acting one with meals

Thank you. Didnt think about frio. Have one and use it for the airplane. Will use it in the lockers. Guess we will be running back and forth every hour or so to check sugars.

I wonder if the dexcom would work if i put the app on an old cell phone in a waterproof pouch and have him wear it.

Thank you. Didnt think about frio. Have one and use it for the airplane. Will use it in the lockers. Guess we will be running back and forth every hour or so to check sugars.

I wonder if the dexcom would work if i put the app on an old cell phone in a waterproof pouch and have him wear it.

We left his dex sensor on and when he'd come back to the chairs to take a break or what not we'd get a read then - but of course we left our phones and his pump, etc. at the chairs because someone took turns hanging out there to watch over stuff. If you have an old phone that you can take the chance of losing to water then that seems like it would work...with the bonus that he'd have a phone on him too. Just no easy solution - no way around it. I'm also betting my son let himself run a bit high rather than too low. I think it also helps that he had a magic band that he could charge to the room in case he was on the other side of the park and felt like he needed to treat a low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!