Water refill stations?

You'd think a theme park that's right in the middle of a state that gets extremely hot and humid in the summer would have a more efficient way of keeping its paying customers from passing out due to dehydration!
In all my years, I can't say that I've ever heard, or witnessed, of anyone passing out due to Disney not making water available.

Last edited:
All the CS places we've bought food at are way too crowded for someone to just "walk up" to the counter to get water. People are waiting at the counter for food, and they have those doubled up queues, and people are trying to navigate all that with trays of food. I think it was much better to wait in the queue than to try to push past people in front of you :)

I have had more then one CM tell me not to wait in line when I did and all I wanted was water If you look there is always an open space at the counter I have never been in someone’s way and the mobile ordering place is a great way to ask for water

I have had more then one CM tell me not to wait in line when I did and all I wanted was water If you look there is always an open space at the counter I have never been in someone’s way and the mobile ordering place is a great way to ask for water
Yes, cms would rather you go up to the counter for water than wait in line. When it's hot they already have the cups of water available to just hand out.

It is mostly drinking fountains that are unfiltered or bathroom sinks with the same nasty water. QS places won't refill your bottle. You'll be handed a very small cup of ice water.

We received from quite a few QS locations large soda cups full of water, especially on the super hot days at the end of June. Smallest we received were small soda cups with lids and straws and they gave them to us 5 at a time with no problem! We just poured it into our water bottles when we had them with us.

Yes, cms would rather you go up to the counter for water than wait in line. When it's hot they already have the cups of water available to just hand out.

Interesting - I've never seen a clear path up to the counter.

Interesting - I've never seen a clear path up to the counter.
There always is a clear path. I works for a number of years at a fast food place and it pretty much is a need in 95% of quick service places. Take a look next time there maybe other people standing there but you can find a spot that you will not have to go a giant the flow of traffic as you say

The Electric Umbrella in Epcot and the Backlot Express in DHS both have their soda dispensers out in the open area, and you can get water and ice there easily. I can't think of any counter service places in MK or AK that have them out like that.

+10000000000000000

I ALWAYS try to find places like these where they have soda dispensers out in the open as I bring my Hydroflask with me to the parks (plus no waiting in a real line!). I always feel guilty for asking for five little cups of iced water from the CM, only to consume them right away (not in front of the CM of course), then come back and ask for more... feels weird lol.

I wish someone made a list of all the restaurants that have an open soda dispenser in all parks... that would be useful (to me at least).

+10000000000000000

I ALWAYS try to find places like these where they have soda dispensers out in the open as I bring my Hydroflask with me to the parks (plus no waiting in a real line!). I always feel guilty for asking for five little cups of iced water from the CM, only to consume them right away (not in front of the CM of course), then come back and ask for more... feels weird lol.

I wish someone made a list of all the restaurants that have an open soda dispenser in all parks... that would be useful (to me at least).
I know the QS in Pandora has one also the line for FOP has a water fountain that has a filter and the water come straight down, I think SDD and AS2 also has these water fountains

+10000000000000000

Quick Service with guest operated drink machines ... that I can think of ...

MK = BOG so that is restricted
AK = Restaurantasaurus and Satuli' Canteen
DHS = Backlot Express
Epcot = Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons

+10000000000000000

Me too. My daughter’s pediatrician told us last week to stay hydrated while we are at Disney World. She told us about the CS drink dispensers where we could get as much free water as we want. We are spending 4 days in MK, and I don’t know one place where we could get water.

I saw on a recent YouTube of the Starbucks at hs. In it there is a large, self serve water jug dispenser. ( the large ones you sometimes see at spas with water and pretty cucumber slices floating in them) it is self serve and the YouTuber even made a point of mentioning it. Also saw them in YouTube of yacht club resort lobby.
Can’t hurt to check it out.

Me too. My daughter’s pediatrician told us last week to stay hydrated while we are at Disney World. She told us about the CS drink dispensers where we could get as much free water as we want. We are spending 4 days in MK, and I don’t know one place where we could get water.

There are 'many' places to get water!! We do it all the time at any of the CS places with dispensers. Just look!!!

Are there places to refill our water bottles in the parks?

Thanks for your help

The only water bottle refill stations I've seen in the parks were both midway thru the lines of Na'vi River Journey and Flights of Passage. I'm hoping that new renovations and rides will include more of them (maybe Toy Story and Star Wars lands will include them, too?).

Other than that, you have to use a water fountain or a sink, but all quick service locations will give you free cups of water to pour in your water bottle. They will not diretly fill your bottle for you because of health code rules.

It is mostly drinking fountains that are unfiltered or bathroom sinks with the same nasty water. QS places won't refill your bottle. You'll be handed a very small cup of ice water.

You can ask for or take as many as you want. We generally take two each. They can't refill your bottle directly because of health code regulations.

Anywhere that has FOUNTAIN dispensers. You can't go up to the standalone carts and get free water.

Also apparently you don't have to wait in line for it either. I found that out the hard way at Cosmic Rays where I waited in a line for nearly 20 minutes and when I got to the CM and just asked for 3 cups of water she was "Oh honey, you didn't have to wait in line for that, you could just go up to the counter and they'll give you some." She felt so bad for me she told them to give me a free dessert for my troubles. I guess I'm just too polite in that I'll wait in a line and not just go to the counter and give people the impression I'm cutting the entire line.

This is not the case everywhere - I tried to go up to one of the Tomorrowland counters (I forget which) that serves fountain drinks and the guy told me he could give me free water but I'd have to wait in line for it.

The next counter I tried the same thing and that guy gave me the water without making me wait.

It may depend on the castmember...

And mornings are tricky. It’s already hot and humidity is the highest of the day. But QS locations are mostly closed. After 11 it’s much easier. But for those first couple of hours, when you’re doing the most sweating, it can be a little tricky. It’s not easy to criss-cross the park to find the one or two locations.

All of the resort gift shops sell cases of water that are almost affordable compared to $3 per bottle. That’s if you’ve ruled out fountains and sinks.

It is an important topic and one that needs to be planned for with small kids for morning touring in the summer.

They have a really neat one in Pandora (the one I'm thinking of is in line for River Journey) that was made specifically for refilling bottles. I hope they spread through the parks, but as yet I think they are in Pandora only.
I wish they'd put these everywhere! They have them all over the Atlanta airport. They're a little more sanitary than refilling at the drinking fountains, you don't hold up the line for people who just want a sip of water, and I think they're filtered so the water tastes better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter