WAY TO Early Riviera Price per Point Guesstimate

it will be high so all the new owners ( not just dog owners) can help pay for the dog issues if they allow you to bring your dogs.

I really doubt they would move to a dog-based DVC resort. It would exclude many more people than it would attract. As of right now, they have a few rooms at a couple of hotels on a trial basis. That seems like about as far as this dog thing will go.

I would rather want lower dues with a higher upfront buy in and a similar point chart.

LAX

I was posting what I thought it would be... not what I would like, lol. I can't think of what they would offer that would actually entice me to buy into the resort. 2005 pricing maybe? :worship: We can all dream, lol. I'll probably stay there if the nightly points are reasonable but I'm not looking to purchase.

I was posting what I thought it would be... not what I would like, lol. I can't think of what they would offer that would actually entice me to buy into the resort. 2005 pricing maybe? :worship: We can all dream, lol. I'll probably stay there if the nightly points are reasonable but I'm not looking to purchase.

There is still a ton unknown about this resort, but the fact that it is being built from the ground up, not built into an existing building, it encouraging. CCV was limited on how many bathrooms the rooms had and how many people could sleep in there due to fitting into existing spaces, and the Poly was limited by the State in terms of how many toilets they could have.
When people post about their favorite 1 BRs, many list BLT and AKV due to them having 2 bathrooms in them, as well as the extra space those rooms provide. Riviera can easily have these sort of accommodations, plus have skybucket access to studios and Epcot. Those are two huge advantages over the small rooms, lack of bathrooms, and only decent location of CCV. I know that anticipation about this resort is low right now, but if they have the rooms look awesome, as well as some unique amenities, there will be people lining up to pay $200/pt, even if the studios cost 22 points per night or something silly along those lines.

There is still a ton unknown about this resort, but the fact that it is being built from the ground up, not built into an existing building, it encouraging. CCV was limited on how many bathrooms the rooms had and how many people could sleep in there due to fitting into existing spaces, and the Poly was limited by the State in terms of how many toilets they could have.
When people post about their favorite 1 BRs, many list BLT and AKV due to them having 2 bathrooms in them, as well as the extra space those rooms provide. Riviera can easily have these sort of accommodations, plus have skybucket access to studios and Epcot. Those are two huge advantages over the small rooms, lack of bathrooms, and only decent location of CCV. I know that anticipation about this resort is low right now, but if they have the rooms look awesome, as well as some unique amenities, there will be people lining up to pay $200/pt, even if the studios cost 22 points per night or something silly along those lines.

As a 1 bedroom booker, with a teenage girl and a 11 year old boy, the biggest driver for me on the 1 beds is not just the bathroom, but the extra sleep surface so the kids do not have to share the sofa bed. Only OKW, BLT, Kidani, and VGF offer that additional sleeper surface. I find this quite ridiculous- that most of them have less sleeping surfaces than the studios. There is no way we will stay in a studio though due to overall space. I am seriously considering 2 studios at Boardwalk if I can get them and we ever stop there or at Copper Creek (at Copper Creek 2 studios are less than a 1 bed). The problem with the Poly studios is they are too expensive. I can get a 1 bed standard at VGF for 1 point more than 2 studios at Poly. BLT, even though pretty point heavy is a good choice for me. If Riviera offer the 5 sleep surfaces in a 1 bed it will be a winner for me. I expect we will see it hit $200 a point. With Star Wars opening, and a resort with direct access, DVD will ramp the prices. It is being separated from Caribbean Beach with a lake they are putting in- they clearly want to distance it from being associated. They will have this as an almost VGF level of deluxe, with the fine dining on the roof etc.

I'm pretty excited about RR, though I seem to be in the minority. I'm "young" (in my early 30s) and childish. We travel as a family (me, my finacee, my brother and his wife, and my dad) as a unit but there's always the potential of my brother or myself adding a baby into the mix in the nearish future. My brother inherited a timeshare from his father in law in Orlando and we tend to do a one bedroom when we all travel together.

We already own on the monorail and we split our time between MK and Epcot. AK isn't a huge draw for me. I like the morning safaris and Pandora was neat to see, but it's not an all day park for me. HS bores me and though I am excited for TSL, the moment SWL opens up there, I know I will not be going back for a long time. So HS is currently a non issue for me.

I want to own an Epcot resort so that I can plan our split stays easier at the 11 month mark, but the end of contract is extremely prohibitive for me. Again, I'm relatively young. Children may be in my future. I want something that I can use for a long time. RR will lively prove to be my answer.

Their location is right, with transportation to Epcot that isn't a bus. It might be built on former Moderate Resort land, but it isn't a moderate resort since it will have all of it's own amenities. Plus, it looks like it will be a single building resort...which I just love. I'm extremely excited to hear more about this resort and I'm pretty sure that when the first wave of rooms is released for sale (first or second quarter 2019 since it will likely open late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter 2019), it will be priced around the $185 mark. The monorail resorts will be in the $190s. CCV probably will be too.

The restaurant on the roof is a draw for me too. I like fireworks...but I prefer not to be in the parks to see them. The rooms will be state of the art and a DVC only property. That's exciting to me. I'm really looking forward to more information, but I don't expect it will be out until the end of 2018. Still, if it's priced right and I can add on my 50 points to get a 2070ish contract at an epcot resort, I'll be so very pleased.

Disney filed some plans for this recently. If you look at the screenshot below it shows part of the building footprint as well as a walkway to the gondola station (bottom left).

I guess the station isn't exactly "in" the resort but next to it.

Riviera_PLans.png

With direct prices on other DVC resorts increasing soon and some of them surpasing the $200 threshold, there is now no doubt that Riviera will start north of $200 when it goes on sale.

LAX

With direct prices on other DVC resorts increasing soon and some of them surpasing the $200 threshold, there is now no doubt that Riviera will start north of $200 when it goes on sale.

LAX

I will actually cast doubt on it. BLT will only be 191, a good deal compared to 200. I'm sticking with $182. It then gives it two advantages over BCV - price and years remaining. Everyone prefers BCV for location and it's pool, but those other two factors may swing more people to Riviera.

It then gives it two advantages over BCV - price and years remaining. Everyone prefers BCV for location and it's pool, but those other two factors may swing more people to Riviera.

I'm curious why you think Riviera needs an advantage over BCV.

I'm curious why you think Riviera needs an advantage over BCV.

If you follow other threads on DIS, people are very down on the fact that it is not directly attached to any parks. The skyliner makes it slightly more appealing than OKW and SSR, but much less appealing than walking from BWV and BCV.

I sort of see your point but with BCV being sold out, just not sure if Riviera actually needs an advantage over BCV. It's not like you actually have a choice of both.

I sort of see your point but with BCV being sold out, just not sure if Riviera actually needs an advantage over BCV. It's not like you actually have a choice of both.

With the resale market, you certainly do.
Also, people can be insistent with their guides. A guide was trying hard to sell me poly or CCV and I was insistent on BLT. Magically, points for it were available.

LAX

The resorts they are in current sales on are not over $200 and I'll bet they keep Riviera under $200.

If you follow other threads on DIS, people are very down on the fact that it is not directly attached to any parks. The skyliner makes it slightly more appealing than OKW and SSR, but much less appealing than walking from BWV and BCV.

There are some members that only consider the two Epcot DVC resorts as worth staying at WDW. However there are 8 other DVC resorts that are not Epcot resorts and a large majority of us prefer them over the other two. I think it is a little too soon to assume that the Rivera will be a lesser DVC resort. We do not know anything about the Riveria Resort other than the location.

There are some members that only consider the two Epcot DVC resorts as worth staying at WDW. However there are 8 other DVC resorts that are not Epcot resorts and a large majority of us prefer them over the other two. I think it is a little too soon to assume that the Rivera will be a lesser DVC resort. We do not know anything about the Riveria Resort other than the location.

Yes but the ones that are attached to a park, or on the monorail loop, are priced at a premium. $171 for AKV, which is beautiful and spacious, compared to 220 for Poly, which only offers expensive studios, but is both attached to the monorail, and a short boat ride away from the MK.

People are doubting this skyliner will be highly effective. I for one trust what disney is up to, but there is no way it can be more appealing than walking 5 minutes to the park. This skyliner will also only go to Epcot and Studios, meaning bussing elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!