WB Studios Tour vs UH Studio Tour

Kirbie

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I am doing some research and trying to compare the WB Studio Tour and the Universal Hollywood Back Lot Tour.

So far, I'm really interested in the WB Tour because it has Harry Potter, Fantastic Beast, and DC Universe things to see. I can't really tell what's on the US Back lot Tour, other than some planned effects such as a flood, a shark, and something to do with Fast and Furious (which I have absolutely no interest in.)

Has anyone experienced both? What is the US Back Lot tour like?

Thank You!

In two weeks I am doing the universal studios vip tour which gets fantastic reviews and is more expensive than Warner brothers . We did wb last summer and really enjoyed it. Guide was a little distracting but we loved the tour and displays. Well worth it!

Are you thinking of the Vip thing at Uni? Because what you're describing is the ride, which is a sort of tour, but it's really a ride. :)

Are you thinking of the Vip thing at Uni? Because what you're describing is the ride, which is a sort of tour, but it's really a ride. :)

After looking at some videos on YouTube, I quickly figured out that the US is just a ride. With some pretty terrible jokes from the tour guides pixiedust: Have you done the VIP tour? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

The VIP tour at universal follows the main same path at the regular tour, with some major changes...

1). In certain areas you can get out of the tram, and explore the area. Where you can get out depends on filming schedules and other variables.
2). There are 2 or 3 additional stops during the tour that you would NOT see during tram tour. Again, exactly what these are may vary/change over time. In those you get to explore those areas.
3). It is typically longer than regular tour, and the tram is about a quarter the size, and your VIP guide is talking, not jimmy fallon.

There are other perks, like front of the line all day long, breakfast, a very nice buffet lunch with food that is much better than typical food at the park, and obviously the tour guide.

For warner, they have 2 tours, regular and VIP. They are both good, and typically let you explore certain areas on foot, although on both you are on the tram for most of the tour. As for universal, what you see depends on filming schedules, although there are a few things that are always on the tour. VIP tour is just longer, and a bit more personalized in that the guide will try and get a feel on what people are looking to see and try and accommodate if possible.

I've been on both the WB tour and the regular ride tour at USH and the WB tour is the better choice imo. The Harry Potter museum is really cool you even get to wear the sorting hat and get sorted. If you like Friends you get to actually sit on the couch from the show & take pics. They have a vehicle museum and much much more. Its very cool. I do also like the USH ride tour as well but these two are so completely different. On this tour you get to experience how they do flash floods etc. So, they do both have their own unique pluses to both. I think it just depends on what your preference is. I think it's good to experience them both imo.

There are other perks, like front of the line all day long, breakfast, a very nice buffet lunch with food that is much better than typical food at the park, and obviously the tour guide.

Pretty big other perks! :)

Our first time at USH we ended up with a "front of the line" pass for a ride (we were in a long line to enter and just as we were at the front a TM out a large group in front of us...they had had a problem in line, got out to be helped, and she was exciting them back...she saw the disappointed look on my face and gave us passes) and chatted with others in the fotl line and while on the ride we chose (Jurassic river). Every single one who had been on the Vip tour, and were now enjoying those passes,was LOVING it and felt that the cost was 100% worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!