Wdw Adults

Melika77

Mouseketeer
What do all you adults and solos first do when you arrive in WDW? What is your average stay? Where ydo you stay?

MELISSA

Every year, for about the past 7 years, myself and 2 of my friends travel to WDW. We started out doing about 4 nights at All Star. Now, we are going this year, 7 nights at WL. We have progressed! We usually will go to DTD, or do a tour of the resorts. Yeah, it's basic, and what alot of people on these boards do, but hey, it works for us!

Just a suggestion (we will be doing this when we go this September)... maybe P.I. or Boardwalk for the night, depending on how tired you are. Jellyrolls is a blast at the Boardwalk.

Hi Melika77,
I'm staying at the All-Star Movies and plan to go to Animal Kingdom on my first day. I don't plan on doing any of the sifaris. Going to see some of the show and do some rides.

I always go the first week of January, when the public schools are usually back in session, but I teach at a private school which is still out. I call it my mental health retreat, and POR is my mental health retreat hotel. I usually stay 3 nites, but next year DH agreed I could go 4. Last time I did something new first that I think I'm going to do every trip-as soon as I check in, run out to the bus stop and just get on the first bus wherever it's going. It reminds me that I'm truly on vacation. But I've got to admit that after that first bus ride, most other minutes are planned (but subject to change!).

I always have to go to the Magic Kingdom. I just don't feel that I am at Disney until I walk down Main Street, say hi to Walt and Micket and block traffic while I stare at the castle and let the magic take over...Ahhhh, to only be there now...l:earsgirl:

This year we're spending our first night at ASmu and then transferring to the GF for 8 nights. It's a splurge but its a special present for my BF - he's finally graduating after many years. Our first day we're going to go to disneyquest in the morning then over to epcot - I must see spaceship earth the first day! We'll finish with a late dinner at Artist Point.

I often arrive very late on Friday night. Coming from Phoenix and loosing two to three hours on the trip, I have to say that by the time I get to the resort, even PI just about closed. I've stayed at all the moderate resorts. My favorite is PO-FQ. I've stayed there 5 times. Now, however, my future trips will be at the DVC resorts. I joined DVC in Feb and have points at OKW and WL. Most of my stays are for 9 nights. I can take one week off from work and add the two weekends and get more vacations in that way. I've been going about twice to three times a year for about the last 5 years.

This year I hope to do e-night (if I'm lucky enough to get a ticket). Otherwise, I'll go to Downtown Disney or MGM. Normally, I will go right to MK (if not an early-entry day).

My next solo in September will go something like this.
Prepacked Thursday evening, get home from work Friday around 5 then right to bed. Up at 1 am quick shower and on I-75 by 1:30a. Between my house in Cincinnati and WDW property there is 1 traffic light. (Not including very fast gas stops) Drive time a smidge under 13 hours. With the current codes I added 2 days to the front at WL. I have never stayed there why not. Then on Monday it is off to ASMu for 12 more nights. ASMu is my solo resort of choice. Room is big enough for one with a bed working AC a shower and a TV. I like having outside room access if I need to run down to the parking lot late at night I can just stay in my Pizza eating TV watching 92 degrees in the park today relaxing clothes and not scare a bunch of people walking through a lobby.
First real thing I attempt every visit will be early evening over at MK. First attraction is POC maybe a few times (more likely 8-10) until I have just enough time to go on JC hopefully last boat out. JC at night IMHO is a lot more fun then during the daytime I hope you will give it a try. That will pretty much fry my brain for the first day. Nighty night everybody remember EE tomorrow.
RussH

Hi!
I usually arrive after a sleepless night _ it takes about 8 hours for me to get to Miami and then I have to change planes to go to Orlando airport. I often get to the resort around 10 AM, more like a zombie than a real person. My face must look really scary because, so far, I have always managed to get an early check in. Then I drop my bags in the room, take a shower and leave for MK! I forgot to say that I usually arrive on saturdays. Yes! I tackle MK at 11AM, on a saturday. I go there just to feel that I am in WDW, walking up and down main street. It is incredible! I usually stay at the park just a little, eat something and go back to my resort and drop like a dead thing for 2 or 3 hours. When I awake, I like to go to DD. On my last trip, me and my sister went to the movies and it was kind of relaxing.
Because of the distance and the costs of the air fare, I always try to stay for 10 days to 15 days, regardless of being solo, with my sister or with the kids. AS a solo, I believe that the As is very adequate, but as my stays are long, I like to split them between 2 resorts (again I do that with or without kids) and get pampered in a deluxe for a few days too.

Even though we are empty nesters we still go to Disney World often. Some of our friends don't understand why we would go there without kids. We feel that with the exception of not having a beach nearby, Disney World has everything every other resort has plus a LOT more. Every trip we say that we're going to drive to one of the Space Coast beaches, which really aren't that far away, but we haven't yet.

We usually stay at a Moderate for at least a week, often 10 days. On our first day we usually head to Springs or Epcot for dinner. If we arrive early in the morning, which is rare, we will sometimes leave our bags with bell services and head to the Magic Kingdom.

My wife & I just returned from a 4-day WDW vacation a few weekends ago! We loved it so much that we are going to try and make it an annual trip. :) We stayed at the Disney Dolphin Resort (inexpensive rates and excellent location). It's walking distance to Boardwalk Resort and surrounding boardwalk bars and nightlife. It's also a quick 10 minute walk to Epcot, which was our only theme park day. As adults YOU MUST eat and drink around the World Showcase! It was definitely one of the highlights from our trip! The other days we either relaxed by the pool, did the monorail crawl (see this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/monorail-crawl-recommendations.3791265/post-61543927), rode the Skyliner (also just a 10 min walk from Dolphin) to the Riviera Resort for lunch, and enjoyed some shopping / dinner / nightlife at Disney Springs. Wife & I were big fans of Wine Bar George at DS as well as the Hangar Bar and The Edison Bar. My advice is to just do everything at your own pace and savor every moment!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!