WDW after WL surgery?

juliesue

Mouseketeer
I am planning to have weight loss surgery soon. It will not impact my trip to WDW this time, but I am curious how others handle the quantity of food situation.

Has anyone tried sharing meals or just ordering appetizers to cut down the cost? I don't want to make my family give up dining experiences because I can't eat much.

Any advice would be very much appreicated. :flower:

Hey Juliesue! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

I am currently almost 2 years out and the last time I went to disney I was about 3 months out.

I don't know how far out you will be when you go but I do remember that food really wasn't a problem for me. I either shared a bit of everyone's meal or ordered an appetizer. One thing I didn't do was order a kids meal because HEY! if I am only going to be able to eat a little bit I want (and need) it to be protein and very tasty. The interesting thing that I found was that before surgery I was always thinking about the next food experience while after surgery food just did not occupy that much of my thoughts. Very strange and a very nice change.

Some things you might want to consider....and of course your mileage will vary...is to pack some protein powder with you just in case you get into trouble not getting all your protein powder in. The other thing that I couldn't do was drink really really cold water soon after surgery. It made me cramp up....so if you're one of the many people who freeze their water before going....well....see how it is for you.

Best of luck to you Juliesue...I hope you breeze through with no complications! It was the best decision I ever made!!!!

all the best,
peach

If you are orderring from a counter service or one of the sit-down restaurants, you can order appetizers or share a meal with someone else. neith my younger DD nor I are big eaters, so we almost always share a meal. If you tell the server you are sharing, they will even usually bring an extra plate.
For character meals or buffets, you will probably be billed the adult buffet price. It's possible that the server might decrease the price.

I had a friend who had the surgery several years ago and she was given a wallet-sized card to carry that had wording explaining- it allowed her to pay the children's prices at the buffet restaurants ( but of course she wasn't limited to the kid's section). She'd just present the card to her server and it was never a problem. She got the card from her surgeon. Kathy

Thanks everyone. Those are some good thoughts. Peach - thanks for the support. I am feeling pretty nervous about this and am still not 100% sure I am ready. You encouragement is very helpful.

juliesue said:
Thanks everyone. Those are some good thoughts. Peach - thanks for the support. I am feeling pretty nervous about this and am still not 100% sure I am ready. You encouragement is very helpful.

hey i found you over hear... i guess you are having bypass not the band?? what ever you decide dont worry.. it will be fine.. if you have any questions feel free to ask.. i had the band .. have you looked into that as opposed to gb?? good luck :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter