WDW FAN

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
How long did it take for you to become a fan of WDW?I knew the second I walked into MK for the first time that WDW was the place for me.But,I know people who went one time and can take it or leave it.Don't you think you either "get it" or you don't "get it" the second you arrive for the first time?:D :earsboy:

I agree, all it took for me was my first trip and I was hooked!! Love, Love, Love WDW!! ::yes::

It was my first trip durring the first year they were open... I have been back more times than I care to count. I dont even keep track of how many times DD12 has been:sunny:

Originally posted by Horizons16
I wasnt even born and I knew...

Horizons16 has set the bar so high...we might as well close this thread. LOL jk. I feel the same way though, I knew before i got there :earsboy: :earsboy:

When I was four or five my parents took me to WDW while visiting my grandparents in Ft. Lauderdale. I can remember going on the swan boats and seeing the Mickey Mouse Review over and over again. We left during a torrential downpour in the middle of the day since I can remember being on my dad's shoulders and trying to keep my new Mickey Mouse::MickeyMo t-shirt dry while racing to our car. That's my earliest memory. Since then I have loved everything Disney, but lately it's become an obsession! Fortuantely my wife and DS share the passion!

It was 1973 and I was 8 years old. We were standing in line at the tea cups when my dad said, "why are you scratching your back so much?" They took me to the nurse at MK first aid station who proceeded to tell them I had chicken pox!!! I begged and cried not to leave because I loved Disney so much!! Thats true Disney love - staying with a full blown case of chicken pox!!! I suppose thats when I knew I was hooked!!! Been back every year since!!:love:

Guess I'm one of those few people where WDW kind of grew on me. First time we went, back in 1987, at MCO to come home, everyone else was raving about how great it was, while I sat there thinking "Well, add this to my 'been there-done that' list of life". Went back 3 years later, because some other people came back and raved so much, I figured "Gee, maybe it was better than I thought", liked it a little more each time til...about 10 trips later, everyone else rolled their eyes as I enthusiastically planned another trip to WDW (AGAIN, MOM?) Now, 18 trips later, DH accepts that I'm a true WDW fanatic getting worse (or better, depending on how you view it) each time. Can't get enough!

When we moved from Oklahoma to Florida in the 70's I stalled off going because I thought WDW would be a cheap imitation of DLR.WRONG :eek: ::yes:: The first time did it for me:earsboy:

Between the first time I saw a Disney movie or saw the Christmas parade.

I never went to WDW as a child. I always wanted to go somewhere else.

DH and I planned our "one and only trip of a lifetime" for our boys in 1996. From the second we entered Main Street, we both were hooked.

We'll be going on our 6th trip in August and I'm sure it will be a trip of a lifetime.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter