WDW help around the 70's

Texan

<font color=red>No extra charge for the Tag Fairy
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I had to ask someone "in the know". My family and my brother's family were visiting my mom and dad last week and for the first time EVER my mom brought up the subject of WDW. My family had gone to WDW in 2002 and she didn't bring this up then. When she made this off the wall statement my brother and I just looked at each other and gave the "what in the world" look. Mom swore that she took brother and me to WDW in 1970 and stayed at the Twin Towers hotel. Can anyone give me any clues about this hotel? Brother and I have absolutely no recollection about this. I would have been around 6 and Brother would have been around 10. Wouldn't we have remembered this? This is too funny. We asked Mom, are you thinking about our DL trip in 1974? "No, I know we went to WDW". I'm still laughing. Help please! I want to know if this hotel really existed.

We went to Orlando in the 70's and stayed at the Sheraton Twin Towers. I vaguely remember the trip to WDW at that time although I was a bit older than you probably were when you may have gone. I don't know where the hotel was, but I think it was on Idrive. I do remember walking to the Ripley's Believe it or not, but I can't remember what else was around there. I don't know if I've helped you or not since my memory is so foggy on it!

Texan said:
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I had to ask someone "in the know". My family and my brother's family were visiting my mom and dad last week and for the first time EVER my mom brought up the subject of WDW. My family had gone to WDW in 2002 and she didn't bring this up then. When she made this off the wall statement my brother and I just looked at each other and gave the "what in the world" look. Mom swore that she took brother and me to WDW in 1970 and stayed at the Twin Towers hotel. Can anyone give me any clues about this hotel? Brother and I have absolutely no recollection about this. I would have been around 6 and Brother would have been around 10. Wouldn't we have remembered this? This is too funny. We asked Mom, are you thinking about our DL trip in 1974? "No, I know we went to WDW". I'm still laughing. Help please! I want to know if this hotel really existed.

How old is she, some people when they get older insist they did things that they never did, OR insist they did things with certain people that they actually did with others..(according to my grandmother she did all this stuff for me and my brother, and we slept over every weekend,ect) and none of the stuff she said she did actually happened(not with me and my brother anyways, and we only slept over the house maybe twice a year)... :earseek:

KilleriMac, you are too funny. Yes, I have noticed my mom slipping a bit lately. She is two months shy of 70. At least I have an idea that there was a hotel called that around that time frame. But, my brother and I both not to remember this? :blush:

Texan said:
Mom swore that she took brother and me to WDW in 1970

Tell her that would have been quite a feat since the MK didn't open until Oct. 1st of 1971. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter