WDW Honeymoon

KirstyO

Earning My Ears
So....

6 months ago I met a wonderful man. In 18 months time we are getting married. We have agreed on a WDW honeymoon!!!!! :dogdance:

So here's my dilemma...
We are asking for money towards the honeymoon instead of wedding gifts, as we have both already set up homes so do not need the traditional household gifts.

We get married in October 2018 but are thinking of having honeymoon in Jan or Feb 2019.

We could go moderate and spend extra money on stuff. Or we could go deluxe and just make memories and buy less stuff. We also aren't sure about spending a bit on a DCL trip at the end.

My personal preferences are Coronado Springs for moderate or Wilderness Lodge for deluxe. I know Poly is lovely, and GF is the flagship, but to me they aren't worth the extra (maybe i'm being naïve here?).

If we get DDP included, great, if we don't then we'll survive. We will just buy what we want when we are hungry rather than worrying about using x amount of meals and snacks during our stay.

I appreciate that I am opening the floodgates a bit here...but do your worst!!! I would say our max budget will be around 7k for 2 people, 14 nights (I know it's a decent budget, and it may go up slightly depending on peoples generosity, but its a once in a lifetime before we settle and start a family).

Cant wait to hear your suggestions!

Kirsty ::MinnieMo

Hi,
Congratulations. We got married at WDW and had our honeymoon there.
Personally I would go all out and stay at a Deluxe, its only the two of you and youll probably want somewhere nice and romantic.
We're keen on the Contemporary, for us its the location. MK is our fav theme park and most of our fav restaurants are one the monorail loop.
I know you mentioned the Poly and GF but what about the Epcot resorts?
It depends on where you like to go.
I think youd enjoy the dining plan when its just the 2 of you and you could eat at some wonderful places.

Im sure youll go again in the future and if you have a family, youll probably have less of a budget. That's when the moderate and value resorts come in handy.
Although for us, once we upgraded we never went back.

good luck choosing.xx

Congrats!

I would def suggest tagging a cruise on. For our honeymoon we did a week cruise around Eastern Caribbean followed by two weeks at Yacht Club (would definitely suggest this resort due to the location plus with the upgrades they are completing which should be done by the time you visit). Walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and not far on the buses to the rest of the parks, plus a great swimming pool although Jan/Feb i'm guessing you won't be jumping in that often.

After doing the cruise I don't think we'd go again without at least exploring the option of booking a cruise also, it was the best part of our honeymoon. I would suggest researching everything over and over again, it's the best part IMO.

Congratulations! I'm having my honeymoon in Florida next year but staying offsite.

You have a very healthy budget so i'm sure there will be a lot you can do if you want to. Is your DH a big Disney fan? What do the two of you usually prefer to do? Are you more into relaxation and spas or do you like to be more active? I am absolutely more for making great memories, but that could mean splashing out on a behind the scenes tour or something x

That's amazing! I got married in WDW and it was fab!

If i had that much budget I would hands down stay at the Beach Club again - its not my favourite resort to look at (though the pool area is amazing) but the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and DHS rather than waiting for buses is worth a million pounds!!

DH and I had our honeymoon in WDW way back in 1978!!!!!!! a long long time ago..
we stayed at the contemporary, but that's only because there were only two resorts on property at the time: the contemporary and the polynesian. Oh and fort wilderness as well

anyway, we stayed at the contemporary and enjoyed it.
but had there been the same choice as there is today, i would probably stay at either the Grand Floridian or the Wilderness Lodge. But that's just because i especially like those two resorts.

And if the deluxes are too expensive, i'd choose port orleans riverside. I find it to be rather romantic there.

as for DCL - by all means!!! and if you have to stay in a value resort to afford a 7 night cruise on DCL, then do that.
the cruise is worth scrimping and saving to afford it!!

Those are my 2 favourite resorts, we have stayed at both twice. Not sure when the building work is finished at CSR, but I am guessing there may be one kind of business level when the new tower opens. Who knows?

WL is a lovely resort and would be perfect for a honeymoon. Have you made a decision yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!