WDW restaurants that are no more

Less than 10 years ago Tortuga Tavern near Pirates had some kind of Mexican rice bowls and nachos and it was one of the best QS meals I’ve had in MK, but it’s been hot dogs and stuff the last few times we’ve been there.

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. It has been several years since we ate there. The two meals we had there were excellent, with elegant surroundings. I've heard more recent reviews were mixed, but sad to see it go. We're going to stay at Copper Creek in a couple of months, so we'll see. The restaurant offerings at Wilderness Lodge seem to be lacking. No signature dining experience at this deluxe hotel is disappointing. Too bad they couldn't reform, renovate, and resurrect Artist Point.

Soundstage Restaurant, used to be where Disney Junior Live is. Started as a set to the movie Big Business, then became Beauty and the Beast, then Aladdin with the character breakfast, then Pocahontas. It had 3 different areas, pizza and pasta, soup and sandwiches, and BBQ. I worked there for several years. I miss that place. And the bar upstairs was called The Cat Walk.
I loved the Cat Walk bar, I debated about including in my reply above, because it was more a bar than a restaurant. It was almost always possible to get a seat and have drink away from the crowds.

There may already be a thread out there somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. Are there restaurants you enjoyed at the world that are no longer there?

In the 80s there was a restaurant in Adventureland sponsored by Kikkoman. I don't remember what it was called, but I used to love their Teriyaki burgers and Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches. Anyone else remember this place?

Also, I remember when I was a child in the 70s that we used to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus. I thought we got burgers and hot dogs, but now they serve pizza. Does anyone else remember this or are my memories faulty?

Jody

In the early 90's they had the best Turkey burger at Pinocchios, we use to sit by the window looking down at the boats going into Its a Small World and eat. My daughter was a toddler and loved that spot.

There was a place in Downtown Disney that served a chicken salad sandwich with bean sprouts, I loved that sandwich, can't remember the name of the restaurant.

Loved Aladdin Breakfast, it was a tradition for years for us.

Last edited:

I miss The Soundstage and Starring Rolls at Hollywood (MGM) Studios and Sunshine Terrace and The Odyssey at Epcot (EPCOT)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter