WDW restaurants that are no more

I have fuzzy memories eating Mac n Cheese as a kid when Le Cellier used to be a cafeteria.

Also vague memories of an Aladdin restaurant and Beauty and the beast restaurant at what was MGM then. Anyone else know what I’m talking about? Early 90s.
I don't know if it's the same restaurant, and I was a toddler so I obviously have no personal memory of this particular trip. But, we have a family photo with Quasimodo at a character breakfast in 1997 & it's labeled "Soundstage Breakfast."

Cucina - one the best dinners we ever had on property, Concourse Steakhouse for breakfast - cheesy grits! , Alfredo's and Fulton's

Alfredo's was our favorite restaurant of all time, not just WDW. We used to have dinner at Concourse Steakhouse as a first night tradition. Also remember the Terrace Buffeteria and Papeete Bay Verandah, and the Sunday brunch at the Top Of The World.

Also vague memories of an Aladdin restaurant and Beauty and the beast restaurant at what was MGM then. Anyone else know what I’m talking about? Early 90s.

I also remember one with Aladdin in MGM-I think it was the Soundstage restaurant. There are two I love when they were "pre-character". Crystal Palace
was a buffeteria before 1995 and had the best black forest cake. Cinderella's Royal Table used to be such a nice, peaceful lunch-I loved their caesar salad with chicken. But for character meals, I miss the Empress Lily, the only place to see Donald Duck in the late 80s, my son's favorite character, the Melvin the Moose character breakfast at Fort Wilderness ("Wake up, you silly moose!"), and Minnie Menehuene's character buffet at the Polynesian.

I’ll agree with some of the PP.

Fulton’s
Alfredos
Spoodles

Not a restaurant but jalapeno pretzels
I have been researching the Jalapeno stuffed pretzel and it is on the menu at Boardwalk Joe's Margarita stand at the boardwalk!! Fingers crossed it's still there in May when we're at BWV.

Pasta Piazza Ristorante in Epcot. I dont remember if the food was good. I just remember it from my trip of 1994. I remember eating on a pasta counter service restaurant in future world. All this time I though it was were Electric Umbrella was, but I just look up the map to find the name and realize it was on the other Innovation building.

Edit: it was also called Sunrise Terrace

Last edited:
There may already be a thread out there somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. Are there restaurants you enjoyed at the world that are no longer there?

In the 80s there was a restaurant in Adventureland sponsored by Kikkoman. I don't remember what it was called, but I used to love their Teriyaki burgers and Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches. Anyone else remember this place?

Also, I remember when I was a child in the 70s that we used to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus. I thought we got burgers and hot dogs, but now they serve pizza. Does anyone else remember this or are my memories faulty?

Jody
The first one you talked about was the Adventureland Veranda!

There may already be a thread out there somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. Are there restaurants you enjoyed at the world that are no longer there?

In the 80s there was a restaurant in Adventureland sponsored by Kikkoman. I don't remember what it was called, but I used to love their Teriyaki burgers and Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches. Anyone else remember this place?

Also, I remember when I was a child in the 70s that we used to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus. I thought we got burgers and hot dogs, but now they serve pizza. Does anyone else remember this or are my memories faulty?

Jody

Adventureland Veranda was the restaurant sponsored by Kikkoman. It was where Skipper Canteen is located. I never ate there because as a kid I didn’t like fruit and meat together, so we went to the more traditional burger places. But I remember it, and you can find photos online if you Google it.

I remember Pinocchio’s having burgers. There have been a few different types of cuisine there.

As far as what I miss, Fireworks Factory for the incredible hot wings, Concourse Steakhouse for the dinners and for the Sticky Mickey’s at breakfast, the original Alfredo’s for the Fettuccine Alfredo . . . So many memories.

Bonfamille's the old TS restaurant at POFQ. Had breakfast & dinner there on our honeymoon. Although Boatwrights at POR is still open for dinner but I miss their breakfast.
Yes! Bonfamille's! We went there for our honeymoon in April 2000 and they closed just a few months later. We had a pretty good meal there. I'm Cajun so picky about that kind of food, I was pleasantly surprised even though it was more Creole than Cajun.

Top of the World! My mom kept track of the celebrities she (and my dad) have seen perform there back in the day (including Phyllis Diller! I'm so jealous!)

1974, and I got to go with my grandmother to see Phyllis Diller at Top of the World. I think we saw Steve and Eydie, also. But, I am sure about Phyllis Diller, loved her!

Loved Bonfamille's and the beautiful Ariel's at the Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter