WDW Scariest of All Time

If you asked my 11 year old which ride at WDW is the scariest, he'd say It's a Small World. LOL. DH took some video of us riding it in 2016 (DS was 10) and you can hear him in the background saying, "This...is actually quite terrifying!
That said, I will force him to ride it if/when we go this fall.

Don't know how the great movie ride would even crack the top 25

My 13 year old who likes a lot of semi-scary movies is petrified of the original Alien movie. He's never seen it, but for some reason, even the trailer scared the crap out of him.

He did the Great Movie Ride for the first time last summer and he flipped out, nearly crawling into the floor of the vehicle. His 10 y/o brothers, on the other hand, were not bothered at all. Too funny (great parents, huh?).

I was scared of everything as a kid and I can definitely attest to GMR being scary because of Alien. Even as an adult I would mentally prepare myself for that part. Also the Backlot Tour was terrifying.

Spectromagic clowns?

:lmao:

Big Thunder Mountain scares me a lot, and it didn’t make the list. Lots of air time under the tush.

No Pirates of the Caribbean either. My 2 year-old great niece got very scared by the Mermaid Skeleton scene.

Terrified my oldest. A little girl (maybe 2 years older) turned around and tried to tell her it was just pretend as she cried over and over "I don't like this, I don't like this." It wasn't the Alien scene, it was the gangster with the gunshots that terrified her.

As others have said, the Alien scene and the robber scene I've seen scare a lot of people. The first time I rode it, the Alien scene startled me. Now having seen the movies, it freaked me out even more, but I loved it!

We were on it last summer and at the Indiana Jones part with the snakes, there was a woman completely freaking out about the snakes. Her husband just laughed and laughed, but I seriously thought she was going to jump out of the car and run away, terrified.

1) The Carousel of Progress

2) The meet and greet with Mickey ( I was mishandled by an overzealous cast member)

3) Flights of Soarin'

4) The pelicans at Coral Reef

5) The Hulk Roller Coaster

Missed one... It's a Small World

Oh.... the monorail

How is the monorail not on here :-)

12 SW Scary Adventures
11 Great Movie Ride
10 Maelstrom
9 Haunted Mansion

8 It’s Tough to Be a Bug

7 Dinosaur
6 Expedition: Everest
5 Tower of Terror
4 ‭injun Joes Cave
3 Summit Plummet
2 Shark Reef
1 Alien Encounter (BRING IT BACK!)

Never done 12, 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1...at least that I can remember. Of the ones I've done (Maelstrom is the same track as FEA so I based that on FEA), I marked them from Dark Green (Not Scary at All) to Dark Red (Very Scary). They also seem to have omitted Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Primeval Whirl, and Soarin'.

10 Stitch's Great Escape
09 Dinosaur
08 Thunder Mountain
07 Splash Mountain
06 It's Tough to be a Bug
05 Soarin'
04 Expedition Everest
03 Primeval Whirl
02 Standing on Monorail Red
01 The fear of getting stuck on Small World with the song playing the whole time

Stitch's Great Escape. I still have nightmares of how bad that attraction is.

that and alien section. didn't the alien used to come down way lower?
Yep, used to be a cloud of steam and then it would come "lurching" towards you out of the steam and ceiling.
Last time we rode it was just static, a spotlight came on to illuminate it. Definitely tamed down from the original...thank goodness.

That BW clownpool is creepy. My 2yo was TERRIFIED of talking Mickey, and I've seen many a child running, screaming and crying out of Tough to be a Bug, including my own DD. But I'm always the most scared right before receiving the dinner bill for my party of 7 after pretty much any sit down meal in Disney. This last trip we had free dining and it was incredible not to have that feeling for once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter