WDW to Port Canaveral - Ground Transportation Help

Off to Neverland 7

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow Disney Enthusiasts!

I booked my first cruise EVER in life for myself with my boyfriend for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas on the Dream on February 2, 2015. Since this is our first cruise, I really don't know what to expect. We've visited WDW property annually for the past 3 years and are very familiar with the Magical Express and WDW. I've done a ridiculous amount of research on the cruise to get the most out this experience (we started making our own magnets and recently joined a fish extender group). Factoring in the Disney Cruise into a WDW vacation has left me with many questions with trying to find my best option to getting to Port Canaveral efficiently and economically for the two of us.

A little bit about what we're working with:

We're coming from California and decided to take a short weekend trip to WDW to make the most of our flights across the country. We'll be staying at the Pop Century resort from Friday-Monday. Our cruise is from Monday-Friday. I've added the Disney Cruise ground transportation but have not connected the cruise and resort reservations because I don't want to get to the port late and read some reviewers got to the port as late as 2:30pm coming from a WDW resort! We would love to spend as much time on the ship as we can (and would love to get to the port as early as we can) and would love some feedback on your experiences with Disney Ground transportation. Here's some questions stirring in my head:

- Does the Magical Express take you to the airport even if you don't have a flight?
- Is it more efficient for me to take the ME to the airport and check in for the cruise at the airport? Then take the DC Bus to Port Canaveral?
- We're also considering canceling our one way Disney Cruise bus trip from the airport to the port and going with Uber instead. Has anyone used Uber to get to Port Canaveral?

Thank you in advance! :wave2:

Off To Neverland

:dumbo:

Disneyland Resort annually Spring Break 1993-2000
Caribbean Beach Resort 2001
Paradise Pier Resort 2009
Grand Californian 2010
Pop Century Sept 2012
Pop Century Sept 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Villas Sept 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream Feb 2015!!

what works for us is to fly in a day or two early, take Magical Express from Orlando to DVC resort, unwind for a day, usually at downtown disney or just at our resort, then leave Saturday morning with the Disney transportation bus to Port Canaveral. They pick you up at a designated time and drop you off at port entrance. After the cruise we board a Disney bus back to WDW resort to unwind again, then leave the next day, taking ME back to Orlando airport. Works very smoothly.

Just booked a 7 day Carribean cruise from San Juan in 2016. YAYYY!!:cool1:

Yes, the Magical express will take you to the airport to get to the port. Last time, we rented a car, but found another group who rented a limo and had the limo drop at the pier. Good luck planning, have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter