WDW Transportation

dulluth

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to post on our experience on our recent (Oct 16-26) WDW trip. I see frequent negative posts on WDW transportation, but we had almost no glitches in our journeys to the parks. Only one time did we wait more than 10 minutes for a bus from our resort (Port Orleans-Riverside), and that was on a Saturday, about 9:30ish, when lots of people are finally finishing up breakfast and making their way to the park, and it was for a MK bus. We waited about 20 minutes, and when a cast member at the resort noticed the crowd, she must have talked to one of the drivers going to a different park, because in short order, there were two MK buses pulling up! She also handed out stickers to the children that were waiting. Outside of that we had no trouble! We were told when we booked Hoop de doo and Mickey's BBQ that we should allow a GOOD hour for transportation, and we heeded the advice and got to both events on time. I think some people approach the transportation situation with the attitude that it is there to serve only them, and I think they also fail to plan.

Really, when I think about how many people they move about from many resorts to the various destinations, I believe they do an awesome job! For those who go in the summer time, they have to expect longer waits for the bus, just the same as attraction lines are going to be longer. I have only good things to say about the transportation...just wanted to speak my peace!

I'm glad to hear that your Transportation went without problems. :)

I wonder if you might have seen my bus... lol... I was MOD'ing out of PO a few days during those times. :)

Tyler...pardon me for being dense, but help me with the"MOD'ing"...I didn't get it! I know it's probably not important, but some of the abbreviations allude me!

MOD = Magic On Demand... It's our system of maximizing productivity, by having full busses on both trips, rather than one deadheading trip.

For example... Epcot busses stage out of a parking lot between FQ and RS... from there, we are dispatched to all over Port Orleans to pick up for all destinations.

For example, say I'm an Epcot bus. I get dispatched to West, North, East, South for AK/BB... I pick up a full bus. When I get to AK, I drop off, and then they send me to pick up for All Star Music for Epcot.

This way, each time that I travel across property, I am moving people. In the old system, I would drop off at AK, and then return empty to Port Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter