WDW vet does DL for second time, great trip!!!

mousiemom

55th wdw trip
12/14-19 - DL 3 days, universal studios 1 day, and 10 hr LA tour
12/19-22 to stay with friends in Chino Hills
we stayed @ Tropicana and we loved it! we were on 2nd floor, and we loved we could walk straight out and into parks!! The rooms were fine, the beds were comfortable and we made coffee every morning. we did use the little store next door to get some items. We went to DL on 12/14 the day we arrived and we got the Max pass and loved it, wdw definately needs to get on this, it's better than FP to us. we grabbed a bite in FL
That night we had dinner in DTD @ Jazz Kitchen, good shrimp po boys and of course beignets. Had to stop in the pandora shop to get my CA and DL charms and LA too. Sunday we spent the whole day @ CA and that was our favorite park!! we did all the rides and rode indycoaster twice and guardians of the galaxy. Ok, we were not quite sure about the makeover but now we are ready for them to do it to ours, loved it and the screen was so clear! We enjoyed the festival of the holidays, omg i wished i had that mac and cheese and those margaritas! The weather was perfect and the decorations were beautiful! Loved world of color, it was our first time seeing it! we cried with all the floating hearts in the air. we had the best mickey holiday shake!!
We got to experience the Santa Ana winds one day but i was lovin it cause we are used to weather like Florida.
Spent Monday in DL, it was fun, i love that the characters walk thru the park, we are not used to that. enjoyed star wars and that was the first time we've been on It's a small world and we loved the xmas overlay in there and HM.
Tuesday we took a starline bus to Universal Studios and met a friend there. It was another beautiful day and our favorite there is the backlot tour. They were filming Will & Grace and the finale of The Voice. We like Orlando's better cause there's 2 parks and 2 harry potter rides but love how it has 2 levels.
Wednesday - LA tour bus picked us up from hotel @ 7:30 and dropped us off @ 8pm. Had the best day, i highly recommend this tour! It was one of those larger vans with high windows and it was us 3, and 3 more people. Our tour guide was awesome and we learned so much about LA, stopped so many places.
Thursday-Sunday, stayed with our friends in Chino Hills(which is a beautiful town) and we drove up to Big Bear Lake and ate lunch @ Oakside and saw the snow @ the summit. Beautiful!
Friday - Did the wineries in Temecula(my favorite cause i'm a whino)
We were so sad to leave California! Yall are so lucky to leave in a place that has the ocean and the mountains. I could live without all that traffic but that's it!

Great report!
I'm curious about your favoring DCA. Do you feel like it has a more grown up vibe or is there some other aspect you especially like ?

Great report!
I'm curious about your favoring DCA. Do you feel like it has a more grown up vibe or is there some other aspect you especially like ?
I like the whole lay out of DCA! I enjoy water around the parks, that's what i'm used to in WDW and it's so tight walking around DL, Radiator Springs and all the Pixar rides i love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter