MaddieB223

Mouseketeer
Hello all!
Long time, no talk! I hope everyone's been well. I'm looking into potentially planning a WDW trip Veteran's Day weekend for about 4-5 days. It would be me and 2-4 other adults, no children. I'd love some helpful tips or advice on going to WDW at around this time! Any information about weather, crowds, pricing changes etc. would be appreciated. Thank you! :disrocks:

Hello all!
Long time, no talk! I hope everyone's been well. I'm looking into potentially planning a WDW trip Veteran's Day weekend for about 4-5 days. It would be me and 2-4 other adults, no children. I'd love some helpful tips or advice on going to WDW at around this time! Any information about weather, crowds, pricing changes etc. would be appreciated. Thank you! :disrocks:

As a Veteran myself, I hope you enjoy the time and feel free to sing a little Happy Birthday to the USMC on Nov 10th, which will be on Veteran's day Weekend :) Then feel free to add in Happy Birthday to my oldest daughter who was born in Nov 12th which will be the day after Veteran's day for 2024. Many of my fellow Marines at that time were quite depressed that she wasn't born at the Marine Corps Ball that year. But of course, my wife was not prepared for that :)

Anyway...to your question.

We love Food and Wine Festival and I believe that it will still be going on during Veteran's Day weekend. This is in Epcot and it's a lot of fun with a lot of great food and drinks. Staying at Beach Club or Boardwalk or even Riviera would be great for Food and Wine, I prefer Boardwalk but that's just me. Food and Wine is our favorite time to go.

Weather is pretty good as it's starting to cool down and less rain and storms. crowds could be a bit higher but probably not epic crazy like Thanksgiving or New Year's etc. The park will also have the Christmas Decorations up.

I’ve been that time several times as it’s DD bday on Veterans Day - and we love Food & Wine - expect some crowds as lots of kids are off school - used to be Jersey week not sure if it still is / weather is usually awesome - usually every once in a while we got a cold spell but not often
If your going to EPCOT a lot try to snag a EPCOT hotel they book up quick that time of year as DVC loves that time. It really nice to stroll back to your hotel from EPCOT and not mess with monorail or a bus
I hope you have a great time !!!

Just for background: I'm local and a veteran.

Weather then will most likely be "tolerable". That is that the daily afternoon thundershower season is pretty much over by then. The temperatures will be lower than in the mid-summer and occasionally somebody will call it cool. It depends on what you are used to.

Crowd levels aren't bad overall. Yes, there will be the Food & Wine festival on at Epcot during that period, which does attract a lot of us locals on the weekend. But overall, since Veterans day falls on a Monday this year, and really isn't widely observed, the impact on crowd levels isn't great.

As a Veteran myself, I hope you enjoy the time and feel free to sing a little Happy Birthday to the USMC on Nov 10th, which will be on Veteran's day Weekend :) Then feel free to add in Happy Birthday to my oldest daughter who was born in Nov 12th which will be the day after Veteran's day for 2024. Many of my fellow Marines at that time were quite depressed that she wasn't born at the Marine Corps Ball that year. But of course, my wife was not prepared for that :)

Anyway...to your question.

We love Food and Wine Festival and I believe that it will still be going on during Veteran's Day weekend. This is in Epcot and it's a lot of fun with a lot of great food and drinks. Staying at Beach Club or Boardwalk or even Riviera would be great for Food and Wine, I prefer Boardwalk but that's just me. Food and Wine is our favorite time to go.

Weather is pretty good as it's starting to cool down and less rain and storms. crowds could be a bit higher but probably not epic crazy like Thanksgiving or New Year's etc. The park will also have the Christmas Decorations up.
First of all, thank you for your service! I'll be thinking of you and your daughter for sure :)

Thank you for the input! So psyched that Food & Wine Fest will be going on!

Just for background: I'm local and a veteran.

Weather then will most likely be "tolerable". That is that the daily afternoon thundershower season is pretty much over by then. The temperatures will be lower than in the mid-summer and occasionally somebody will call it cool. It depends on what you are used to.

Crowd levels aren't bad overall. Yes, there will be the Food & Wine festival on at Epcot during that period, which does attract a lot of us locals on the weekend. But overall, since Veterans day falls on a Monday this year, and really isn't widely observed, the impact on crowd levels isn't great.
Thank you for your service & advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter