Wdw worth it as a single parent?

Momma101318

Earning My Ears
I’m looking into taking my daughters 9, 6, and 2 to Disney by myself. Is it worth it? The 2 year old will tucker out quickly and I’m not reading that the older girls couldn’t do a ride without me until the younger is 7. I don’t know if that means even tea cup style rides... It’s a 14 hour drive which I’m ok with but I don’t want to get there and be disappointed. Thanks for any input!

If you decide to go- I would pick a season that is not too hot and has least crowds. Also with the two year old you can take advantage of the baby center and have your kids have down time and to watch tv and rest. I used to do that with my two when they were still little.

There's so much more than rides. I've taken my girls many times already and the youngest is 2. Shes been going with us since 14 months.
The princess meet and greets and the shows are great for them and keep them enthralled. Magic Kingdom would be the primary park for you guys. It really depends what your older ones are expecting. Do they want to just got to space mountain or the avatar rides? If so, then yes they may be disappointed. Also, it depends on the size of your 2 year old. My daughter is 38 inches and is able to get on some rides with us which enriches the experience.
Yes the rules is that your younger one must be 7 to ride without an adult...with that said it has been done many many times. The cast members will ask her her age when it comes time to go on the ride and if she says 6 she won't be able to ride, if she says 7 she will.
You know your kids mom and what's safe and comfortable and best for them but I dont believe a trip to disney planned right, can be anything but a magical and bonding experience for you 4.

I think they are going to remember this girls trip forever you so should do it. Just take it easy and have fun.

I’ve done it 3 times with 7 month old, 1.5 year old and two at 3 and 1.
yes it is restrictive, but so much to do aside from rides and the memories are so magical regardless.

Is this a trip of a lifetime, or likely to be repeated?

I went as a single mom when my daughter was 4 and my mom ended up tagging along. It was good to have extra hands when I (or your older girls) wanted to do something non-toddler style. She did get tired easily, which made us return to hotels for an early break and bedtime, and we missed rides that an older kid may enjoy. If it's a trip of a lifetime, my personal advice would be to wait.

That said, I found that first trip to be so easy to do, found value for the money, and using this site and others found ways to fit it into a budget, so what I thought was a once or twice trip has now turned out to be more often because we loved it so much. We were able to get back to hotels and nap easily, and then go back to parks. Characters and the pool were a huge hit and will be for all your ages. There's so much flexibility to do your trip, your way.

Disney has been a great place for my daughter and I; she's now 14 and we've just started thinking about our next trip. Hope you all find the same Disney love we did!

I personally think it is worth it. I was still married when mine were that young but I have taken them on multiple trips since by myself. Another consideration that hasn't been mentioned is that if your 6 year old will turn 7 before the younger one turns 3 it could be a good time to go then. That way the older ones could ride without you on some rides and the youngest would still have free admission which is a nice savings on a family trip.

If the two older girls can ride together, there are so many rides that can be done! I'm thinking Nemo, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, etc. Certain rides allow you to all sit together, like Pirates or Small World or Soarin'. It think you are in for an amazing trip if you do go.

As I've discovered with my own kids, what I might think of as a let-down or 'failure' at the Parks, is actually usually missed by them. They remember all sorts of things that I had no idea about. I usually have my daughter (oldest) write her memories down and later I read through them to see what WDW was like from her 12 year old point of view.

You should go and just have fun. They will remember it forever.

2020 is still heavy into building and remodeling for 2021. 2021 is and anniversary year and maybe extra stuff. More rides coming in 2022.

There are Mommy’s helpers that can be hired for a few hours in Orlando. I’d look into getting one for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!